2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens SP | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens SP

noskates

Record Breaker
I LOVED LOVED LOVED Denis' program. He interpreted the music so beautifully and with such grace. Hope he can get his jumps together. I thought he was really underscored on PCS. So glad to see Javi back on track. And Shoma is still going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Americans didn't look so good. Maybe Vincent should back off on one of those quads and refine his skating skills. He isn't really a good competitor these days.

glorybox6

Final Flight
RE: Javi's GP chances. He will have 20 points if he wins here.

Shoma probably won't be lower than second here so he'll have 28 points and get in. Kolyada has 26 and has all-but qualified. Chen and Voronov both have 15 from their wins. They're almost certainly in the final.

That leaves two spots. Jason Brown already has 22 points, so he'd qualify for the GPF before Javi would. Other skaters who will likely/could match or top 20:

- Samarin (if he holds 3rd here he has 22)
- Jin (can place as low as 5th at SA and still have at least 20)
- Rippon (can place as low as 5th at SA and still have at least 20)
- Bychenko (if he moves up to 4th here he'd have 20)

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
They had spring onions in China, they are meant to have a get together and create a stir fry.

:rofl:

That's because Han Cong's name has the same pronunciation as the Chinese word for onion and hence has become his nickname among Chinese fans. But yes, they should get together and have a cooking show!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It was clearly cabbage. I thought it was a toy though (like the famous Mishin Broccoli).

Shoma hates veggies so this is some kind of inside joke from his fans. Eat your veggies Shoma or your stamina will stay like it was today! ;)

Alifyre

On the Ice
My feeling is Denis is really underscored in PCS today overall, but then he did come from a nobody federation, skated early and coming back from a slump. Soo :shrug:

Honestly I feel for Denis here, he had such a lovely skate save for the fall and he really wasn't rewarded for it.

Mussique

On the Ice
I won't gush about Javi SP here as much as I've done in the fanfest (what can I say, I never claimed to be impartial), just my relief that he's again healthy and delivered a superb performance!! And that smile at the end!! Someone before me said that they'd pay him to just skate among the rink. Count me in, we can split the costs!! I'd also pay for him just to smile all day and I'd be happy, but skating, skating is good (really eloquently said, I know)

And frankly I quite liked Shoma as well, even with the fall. I liked the pace of the program among the cuts (even if there's this one cut I don't like because it cuts a cadence off #musician) and how he's just so elegant in the ice. If PCS aren't supposed to pay attention to underrotation and falls (and I think they aren't) then he does deserve them to be high, even if we've seen him do so much better before. I look forward to him to be completely healthy and improved in next competitions! Having the flu right next to this can't have been good :(

My Internet connection died with Misha and resurrected just in time to see Javi so I missed most of the second group. Sorry guys, I'll see you in YouTube later :cry:

icybear

Medalist
Ridiculous how a clean Javi is only one point better in PCS than Uno with a fall and under rotated jumps

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Super lenient tech panel here. Only < calls for Zhou on the 4Lz and the 4F. the 4Lz was probably only < but hte flip was pretty bad. And he got away with no call on the 3A :disapp:

Only a < on the 4F for Uno, too.

I'm still super pissed.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Could you imagine no japanese skater in the GPF? I'm worried for Shoma. Wakaba's place seems to be in peril. Urgh.