2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance

amateur

Final Flight
I don't think V/M were really "on" in the first half, not a peak performance overall (which is fine, for here).

You can see they're not ecstatic over this performance by any means

pearly

Record Breaker
Pleasantly surprised they gave it to G/P.

V/M's second half still feels like a letdown. I like the final lift though.

Oh wow, to me this change of the last part of the program really works. The final lift is just WOW.
I think they had a visible issue in their Carmen lift though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I like the first half. I like the second half. But as a cohesive dance, still not there yet for me? But no denying the technical/choreographic firepower and it was a really good performance.

synteis

Medalist
Perfect and yes it's Nationals but I don't care. I'm still crying. I don't want to say goodbye.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I like Tessa and Scott looking like they're on the verge of having sexy time on the ice... their schmaltzy dances aren't my favorite but I loved that ending way more than their last program.

Tracy is really being a homer saying they're better than Torvill & Dean. :biggrin:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
PERFECT SCORE, BEEYOTCHES! :bow:

I know it’s nationals, so before anyone wants to grumble about inflation... in the jello pit, NOW!

rain

Record Breaker
I don't think V/M were really "on" in the first half, not a peak performance overall (which is fine, for here).

You can see they're not ecstatic over this performance by any means

I actually disagree on this. I thought they looked really relaxed, yet sharp, which is perfect. I do think a couple of the reworked step sequences could still increase in speed, but that's so, so nitpick — but that's what I'd work on up to the Olympics.

The new choreography is sublime. The ending is now the Olympic moment needed. So exciting.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There's no other Canadian pair who is going to get a perfect score any time soon, so I'm okay with it.