2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance

yuna13

On the Ice
i thought monfort and candeloro were "too much" but this guy and tracy are just...:laugh:
so happy for weaver and poje.

GreenGan

Rinkside
Hm I thought there were some tiny hesitation here and there, especially in the first part. Also tessa did a slight mistake in the very first turn of their twizzles. Don't know if it's enough for a drop a level. (apparently not :D).
This was probably very emotinnal for them, no question about their quality.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I like Tessa and Scott looking like they're on the verge of having sexy time on the ice... their schmaltzy dances aren't my favorite but I loved that ending way more than their last program.

Tracy is really being a homer saying they're better than Torvill & Dean. :biggrin:

Torvill and Dean are from a completely different era that had a completely different definition of what was considered to amazing, sublime, perfection in ice dancing. I think both teams are exquisite in their own right within their own eras.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Of course it is a perfect score, because if not now, then when?? YAYYYY!!!

Confession: Is it only me that I like the original "dying" ending version more?:scratch2: This "big" ending seems a little...over-the-top and a bit cheesy

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Confession: Is it only me that I like the original "dying" ending version more?:scratch2: This "big" ending seems a little...over-the-top and a bit cheesy

I do think the new ending is more conclusive for that big Olympic moment.

liv

Record Breaker
I liked the dying version myself... but understand that they felt a more triumphant ending would play better at Olys... i love this version too. People like feeling good, not depressed, after watching skating!!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

I agree. It's not as emotionally deep as the previous one because it doesn't really portray the gravitas of the dying scene as well. But it's a more dramatic ending this way.

synteis

Medalist
Ugh that Stars on Ice ad came up and like a sucker I'm now looking at tickets *hides hand in face*

amateur

Final Flight
I actually disagree on this. I thought they looked really relaxed, yet sharp, which is perfect. I do think a couple of the reworked step sequences could still increase in speed, but that's so, so nitpick — but that's what I'd work on up to the Olympics.

The new choreography is sublime. The ending is now the Olympic moment needed. So exciting.

"relaxed" in the sense that Scott certainly toned way down that crazy and weird over-attack he had going on in their GPF, and Tessa generally sharp and precise as always, but I sensed still some kind of nervousness, hesitation, unsettledness or something prevented them from hitting just exactly the right tone in the first half (their standards being absolute perfection, of course). They execute so much amazing stuff that it still comes off extremely GOOD regardless but I don't think they peaked on it here, they are going for something more intense than what came off, to me. Will have to rewatch though, of course!

So people keep saying this is Tessa and Scott's last nationals... Can I hold out any hope that they might "retire" and then come back again, or is it really over? :no:

rain

Record Breaker
So sad we won't see V/M at Canadians again. But, thrilling to see W/P looking better than they have in two years. Maybe a turnaround for them?

And I'm super excited to see what S/F do next. Sky's the limit for this team. I think they really have the "it" quality.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I just can't watch anything live when it is from Canada. Frustrating.
Anyway, so happy for WeaPos to be back on the podium, but this FD is (and always was) just made for them. Nice one!

However, I'm dancing on the table with Piper & Paul coming second. Wow! So good. All I have to do now is actually watching it :laugh: