2018-19 Grand Prix Final Predictions | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Grand Prix Final Predictions

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist

why? I mean she does prerotate a lot but that never seems to be an issue for the judges, not just for Satton but for other skaters as well, so besides the height and length, her jumps are fine. Tiny, but fine, so I imagine she'll get +3 basically all the time, and on occasion she'll hit +4. Basing on previous seasons I don't think it's that crazy.

As for bullet's, I think 1,2,3 was for +5 but I may be mistaken of course, I'll check it later with ISU communications.

chaser

Rinkside
The descriptors are still head shakers. Good and very good should be defined.
What is very good position from take off to landing compared to good?

1) very good height and very good length (of all jumps in a combo or sequence)

2) good take-off and landing

3) effortless throughout (including rhythm in jump combination)

4) steps before the jump, unexpected or creative entry

5) very good body position from take-off to landing

6) element matches the music

why? I mean she does prerotate a lot but that never seems to be an issue for the judges, not just for Satton but for other skaters as well, so besides the height and length, her jumps are fine. Tiny, but fine, so I imagine she'll get +3 basically all the time, and on occasion she'll hit +4. Basing on previous seasons I don't think it's that crazy.

As for bullet's, I think 1,2,3 was for +5 but I may be mistaken of course, I'll check it later with ISU communications.

Because guidelines are guidelines, but no matter what the guidelines dictate, her jumps are 0 GOE quality elements on an average. :p Nothing against what you said, you might be right about how they ought to be applied, but yeah.

Ziotic

Medalist
:eek:topic:

Besides lack of height her jumps have everything right, if she doesn't UR she should get +3/+4 easily, of all the bullets she could get the ones in bold, and while +5 is impossible for her (1, 2, 3 are mandatory for +5 to apply), +4 is a possibility.

I would love for Gracie G. to make the final as well but similarly to Junhwan - rather impossible :(

1,2 and 3 are meant to be mandatory to score +4 or +5.

Therefore she should be maxed at +2. She also has huge prea-rotation on most of her jumps, more than most other ladies I would say which also means she doesn’t fulfill the good take off requirement.

While I love other parts of her skating her jumps just aren’t of higest quality.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
1,2 and 3 are meant to be mandatory to score +4 or +5.

Therefore she should be maxed at +2. She also has huge prea-rotation on most of her jumps, more than most other ladies I would say which also means she doesn’t fulfill the good take off requirement.

While I love other parts of her skating her jumps just aren’t of higest quality.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree her jumps are tiny and prerotated and shouldn't really get much GOE, I was just merely speculating how the rules might work in her favor :) I think she might get +3s because she still has nice air position, nice landing, difficult steps preceding, she's rather effortless so I just understand why she may get quite good GOE just basing on previous seasons and my predictions.

In an ideal world she'd get +1 or maybe +2 max while getting max points on everything else she does, and she'd never ever be behind Medvedeva and Zagitova in PCS. But oh well.

Spinning

On the Ice
In an ideal world she'd get +1 or maybe +2 max while getting max points on everything else she does, and she'd never ever be behind Medvedeva and Zagitova in PCS. But oh well.

This! :thumbsup: :clapper:

skatenewbie

Medalist

Besides lack of height her jumps have everything right, if she doesn't UR she should get +3/+4 easily, of all the bullets she could get the ones in bold, and while +5 is impossible for her (1, 2, 3 are mandatory for +5 to apply), +4 is a possibility.

I would love for Gracie G. to make the final as well but similarly to Junhwan - rather impossible :(
1-3 bullet point is mandatory for +4 and +5, not just +5 so its impossible for her to have +4/5. i see judges giving her +2/3 which is not so bad...its good for how small hee jumps is tbh, and she will get +4/5 in Steps/choreo and spins anyway and good PCS (i think she still deserved more though).

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

Besides lack of height her jumps have everything right, if she doesn't UR she should get +3/+4 easily
She should not but i agree that she will get +3s at least. She can compete with anyone but Medvedeva-Zagitova-Osmond on GOEs. You will not see jumpers like Wakaba and Kaori get more than +3s.
Her main issue are URs. I think her chances for the final depend basically on if tech panel choose to be blind or not.

temadd

Final Flight
With the new scoring system I don't think Satoko should be in the mix. Her small jumps are a problem for me and now she has no chance of getting a +4, +5 unless she miraculously comes out with bigger jumps this season.

1. Alina Zagitova
2. Kaori Sakamoto
3. Evgenia Medvedva
4. Bradie Tennell (with a 3Lz-3Lo I think she could make it here)
5. Wakaba Higuchi
6. Marin Honda

skatenewbie

Medalist
She should not but i agree that she will get +3s at least. She can compete with anyone but Medvedeva-Zagitova-Osmond on GOEs. You will not see jumpers like Wakaba and Kaori get more than +3s.
Her main issue are URs. I think her chances for the final depend basically on if tech panel choose to be blind or not.
i see Wakaba and Kaori easily getting +4s... especially Kaori she have very good flow in-out jumps and height too

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
i see Wakaba and Kaori easily getting +4s... especially Kaori she have very good flow in-out jumps and height too

Well, i hope that will happen. They deseve that kind of GOE. But since +3s were so rare for them in previous system i doubt of it

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
In the ladies, it's quite clear that Medvedeva, Zagitova, and Miyahara are the top seeded skaters, even if it isn't official. You can see that these three are favored to win at all six GP events, based on the skaters they'll be up against. I'm a bit surprised when i see any of these three names missing from people's GPF "prediction" lists, although i know some are more wish-lists than predictions.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
^Miyahara really depends on the technical panel. But she's looking sharp so far this season and has very nice programs, IMO.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
In the ladies, it's quite clear that Medvedeva, Zagitova, and Miyahara are the top seeded skaters, even if it isn't official. You can see that these three are favored to win at all six GP events, based on the skaters they'll be up against. I'm a bit surprised when i see any of these three names missing from people's GPF "prediction" lists, although i know some are more wish-lists than predictions.

Yes those 3 have like 90% of chances to be in GPF.
Sakamoto can have at least a silver+bronze. It can be enough. Higuchi have tough GP, but i think she can have bronze+bronze, which likely won't be enough. She needs a silver and it will not be easy in Canada and Russia. Kostner have judges and the new system on her side. At least bronze+bronze. Silver is doable for her. Mihara have tough GP too. She can medal at NHK but it will be didficult in France. Daleman and Tennell are a big ? for me. Daleman is inconsistent but if she delivers in Canada her marks will go really really up, and she will have a new look in judges mind, which will be a big advantage for her in the next GP. Tennell is consistent but how far USfed can push her? Honda, Tursynbaeva and Tuktamysheva can be a surprise.
So my prediction:
Medvedeva
Zagitova
Miyahara
Sakamoto
Kostner
Higuchi

Subtitutes:
Tennell
Daleman
Honda

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
^Miyahara really depends on the technical panel. But she's looking sharp so far this season and has very nice programs, IMO.
Satoko may or may not win her events outright, but she’s got extremely favourable assignments (the best of any non-Evgenia/Alina skater, simply by virtue of not being up against them) and it’s hard to imagine she doesn’t make the final, even if it’s with a gold and a bronze or some such combination.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
From Kostner's Back to Black performances in shows this summer, it looks like she is going for both the 3Lz and 3F in her SP. If she adds a 3T to the back of her 3F, along with the GOE she gets for her quality jumps, she will likely lead in the short even vs Zagitova or Medvedeva. She will likely up her technical content in the long as well. So she can very well win both her assignments.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Yes those 3 have like 90% of chances to be in GPF.
Sakamoto can have at least a silver+bronze. It can be enough. Higuchi have tough GP, but i think she can have bronze+bronze, which likely won't be enough. She needs a silver and it will not be easy in Canada and Russia. Kostner have judges and the new system on her side. At least bronze+bronze. Silver is doable for her. Mihara have tough GP too. She can medal at NHK but it will be didficult in France. Daleman and Tennell are a big ? for me. Daleman is inconsistent but if she delivers in Canada her marks will go really really up, and she will have a new look in judges mind, which will be a big advantage for her in the next GP. Tennell is consistent but how far USfed can push her? Honda, Tursynbaeva and Tuktamysheva can be a surprise.
So my prediction:
Medvedeva
Zagitova
Miyahara
Sakamoto
Kostner
Higuchi

Subtitutes:
Tennell
Daleman
Honda

Tennell just revealed at DuPage that she has a 3Lz-3Lo, so that may put her ahead, especially since she is also planning it in the SP.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Tennell just revealed at DuPage that she has a 3Lz-3Lo, so that may put her ahead, especially since she is also planning it in the SP.

The big question is: Will she rotate it?
At skate America she will rotate that combo, but not sure about the 2nd GP.
But if she's solid, sure that will put her ahead.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The big question is: Will she rotate it?
At skate America she will rotate that combo, but not sure about the 2nd GP.
But if she's solid, sure that will put her ahead.

Videos were bad angles but they looked fine to me (but I'm not Shayuki :))
But yeah, rotation will be key. But even if it's UR, the advantage of 3Lz-3Lo in the short is that you don't have to have the lesser-valued 3T.

maggieanne

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Men
Nathan Chen
Yuzuru Hanyu
Shona Uno
Boyang Jin
Mikhail Kolyada
Vincent Zhou
( I also think that Aliev and Brown have a decent chance of making the final)

Ladies
Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova
Wakaba Higuchi
Satoko Miyahara
Carolina Kostner
Maria Sotskova
( I could also see Daleman, Panenkova, Sakomoto, and Tennel making the final)