2018 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Spin GOE is a bit high, but otherwise a deserved trip to first place. Don’t like the programme, but it was skated quite well, aside from the obvious errors.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS/Michael MARINARO (CAN)
The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face
him in navy skivvy/black pants, her in bright pink dress with lovely watercolour detail on the skirt

3Tw
is this yet another cover?!
SBS 3T he hangs on
BODs
upsy cool dismount
Th3Lo holds on
CCoSp
StSq

Well done!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Yes!! That was a statement from Kristen and Michael. They didn't come to play, they came for the gold and the GPF!

AJVMSA8588

On the Ice
Lovely lift. The twist scared me, maybe due to camera angle. Poor music choices seem to continue. . .they were expressive, however.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
One of the reasons I stopped listening to the vast majority of pop music is because of this ridiculous oversinging. Roberta Flack's version is so good because the emotion builds slowly and then comes out in a big burst before it recedes beautifully. Every Note Isn't A Major Statement.

Honestly I'm going to start watching this with sound off.

Metis

Record Breaker
Lovely lift. The twist scared me, maybe due to camera angle. Poor music choices seem to continue. . .they were expressive, however.

The programme as a whole is just sort of generic, but their skating skills are lovely and the well-executed elements are executed on a level above what we’ve seen from others, so it almost balances out.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Moore-Towers / Marinaro

A bit low on the 3Twist but very good flow-out and good catch as well. Solid sbs 3Ts, Marinaro just ever slightly forward on the landing. Smooth rotation and speed through the death spiral. Easy transitions through the lift and great exit. Beautiful throw 3Lo. Nice back entries into the spins with nice speed of rotation and strong sync. Very light and airy step sequence to finish the program.

A light interpretation to the music this time around. No major mistakes on any element with good speed carried through the majority of them, which should send many of the GOEs into the +2/+3 range. I think the choreography could have moments where it could emphasize the lyrics and the phrasing of the music rather than just the tone, but it's clear this pair has worked on improving the quality of all of their moves. They are well in contention for a podium finish!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Peng is looking tres chic.

ETA: Love her blowing a kiss at the judges after cleanly landing the throw. It's such a Why bless your heart moment.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I am SOLD on this program :luv17: and the hair! More women figure skaters need to rock short hair, not just the pair divas :yes:

Metis

Record Breaker
Is this our first programme not set to an obnoxiously overt cover? Stay strong, P/J!