2018 Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Free Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So glad Olivia got rid of the stupid shirt.. not that I like this dress but the shirt was just.. :hopelessness:

GGFan

Record Breaker
Wonderful skaters, but I guess this is my year to not like H/D programs. The voice over started and it took me out from the story from the beginning. I just don't buy it from them. Sorry :slink:

rain

Record Breaker
I love Hubbell and Donahue, I just wish they weren't skating to Romeo and Juliet. I could do with 100% less Leo talking during the music (just in skating program music in general, really). And how that stationary lift got positive GOE is a mystery for the ages. I just find this pretty and kind of generic, especially compared to last year's FD, which is one of my all-time favourites.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
There was way too much Kissing You in this program.

I find the Kissing You bit the most palatable part of this program.

I don't think it's a bad program I just don't know that it's the best fit for this team specifically.

ETA: 200th post guys. I'm supposed to be working, but I have no regrets about procrastinating with all of you.

pearly

Record Breaker
With all respect to technical quality in execution, this program and performance felt flat and uninspired comparing to Gilles/Poirier... For me it is just not the same level of depth, nuance, detail in interpretation, expression.

Apparently you have to see it live. :rolleye:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I think they have added more emotional depth to this dance and the buildup to the final moment seems to be better now (loved the drama in the slide). Still a ways to go before this becomes a great dance, imo.

pearly

Record Breaker
I love Hubbell and Donahue, I just wish they weren't skating to Romeo and Juliet. I could do with 100% less Leo talking during the music (just in skating program music in general, really). And how that stationary lift got positive GOE is a mystery for the ages. I just find this pretty and kind of generic, especially compared to last year's FD, which is one of my all-time favourites.

You know what? I kind of wish they were! But not to this sht of a music cut.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Four solid skates in two weekends. Not too shabby! I think it's safe to say their ticket to the GPF is punched.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know, this level of fake/rehearsed/choreographed is beginning to truly bother me. I do admit to rolling my eyes when a couple has an elaborate entrance and when their performance ends 5 seconds after the music has ended because they gaze into each other's eyes and what not.

Not me. Figure skating at its best is about interpretation of movement and music, and interpretation means acting, arising out of genuine emotion. I like it very much.

And Madison and Zachary really,. REALLY did reach me just now. Made me feel the emotion of lovers.

However ... I did laugh at ancient peas' comment. :laugh: I've often thought about those four and how weird it all is. :)

DonnaR

On the Ice
I'm a fan of H&D but I don't love that long program. Definitely like their short program much better.