2018 Rostelecom Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
And to think those two Russian pairs were chosen above Shpilevaya/Smirnov ... It's as if the Russians were boycotting themselves for the sake of some officials' personal satisfaction.

And Shiplevaya/Smirnov are getting Senior B in Austria instead having a loud debut at senior scene in home GP...

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:sigh: I really hope Anna someday can find a partner that matches her. No offense to Adam, but he's not quite on her level, and it's hard to watch her go from junior world champion to this. :cry:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I think the skirt of her dress has had the performance of the event so far. I’d like to see more transitions but the basic skating skills are solid, and lots of nuanced movements that show just how well it’s interpreting the music.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS
Music: Flamenco; Tango: Armik
Choreography by: Irina Zhuk
Costumes: Black tango dress with paillettes, red hem highlight and black fishnet sleeves for he (it's a whole lotta look)r; black pants, black Tudor-esque jacket with red/black plether belting for him

Required Elements:

Starting with flamenco posing and half rink in hold flamenco steps and into
Twizzles - which are VERY VERY SLOW. Level 4 for her, 2 for him. -1.14goe
ML St Seq - choreographed so they don't match. Hmm, I thought Easy Way Out. Level 3, .55goe. Up the difficulty guys if you want to be rewarded more.
And another half rink of more flamenco steps. Did I wander into the wrong Rhythm?
Strong tempo change and finally!
TR Pattern 1 - kevek 1, ,40goe YNNN
TR Pattern 2 - level 1 -.69goe NNNY
I thought they were underscored for this. It had good flow. they must be way off the beat. Hard to tell with a stream.
Stationary Lift - which has become a pretty generic position. Sorry but I'm bored with it. Level 4, .58goe. Judges reward the tried and true. Hmpf.
And into a final lunge pose.

It's a tango only because of the pattern and because they say so.

Score: 54.83

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hmm, me only registering that the man is pretty handsome indicates that it's nearly time for me to take my night meds.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
Music: Tango: Ojos Negros; Tango: Idilio; Tango: Zita
Choreography by: Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
Costumes: Three color tango dress with strapped back for her, basic black with red pocket square for him

Required Elements:

Basic tango steps into him pulling her through his legs and into
Twizzles - small stumble by her in first set but judges don't seem to have dinged them for it. Level 4 for both, .36goe
TR Pattern 1 - level 2, .80goe YNYN
TR Pattern 2 - level 3 YYNY, .80 goe
The first part of the pattern was so careful it was like the dance equivalent of neurosurgery. The second half just had so much more flow and feeling.
ML St Seq - with twizzle exit out. Level 3 1.52 goe. And this was REALLY well done. Great matching lines. Bravo.
Rotational Lift level 4 .75 goe
and into final tango pose.

Score: 65.54 into first and deservedly so

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Oh, I love Misato's dress. And Alexandra's is gorgeous. But I keep saying this whenever I see it, so I will add no more comment to her costume :)
As to Sara Hurtado, seeing her hairstyle I would think they are going to dance to foxtrot or quickstep :)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I just can't with the Poles' costumes, just... no. :noshake:

Go S/B and C/P, and also expecting lovely stuff from H/K!

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
:sigh: I really hope Anna someday can find a partner that matches her. No offense to Adam, but he's not quite on her level, and it's hard to watch her go from junior world champion to this. :cry:

And he's not even tall enough for her. It's so sad.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The Japanese team makes such a lovely pair, noted last week but they still look lovely together.

Ouch, those levels...

And she stumbled, what a pity.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

It is unfortunate, but they do have a bit dated, stiff styling around them this season, making them look older and severe in my opinion...He looks more ready for Latin Ballroom tournament, she is somewhere in between Tango and Latin...

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
This team made me wish we could conscript Shoma and Satoko into Japanese ID just to see if they melt the ice trying to out-perform each other.