2018 Rostelecom Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Rhythm Dance

Lota

Record Breaker
Did Alexandra forget steps in first part of pattern? Looked totally weird...And tentative, stiff in both parts...They looked better in Helsinki I feel.

That was definitely a mistake, at least it looked like it. While they were better in Helsinki, they do look good overall (also, where did their sit-twizzle-thingy go?).

EDIT: I'm happy that the judges judged them accordingly.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
Music: Paso Doble: Malaguena performed by Blast; Tango: Tango Suite Part III by Al Di Meola; Tango: Carmen's Story performed by Edith Piaf
Choreography by: Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia, Petr Chernyshev
Costumes: Grey dress with heart-shapes sequins and organza skirting for her (pretty! I'll say it here, she's always the best costumed Russian woman); black pants with toredor-style jacket and black scoop neck shirt for him

Required Elements:

Lots of Paso Doble posing to start. Ole or Oi Vey: you decide. And finally into
Twizzles - level 4 for both. Enormous GOEs. Much better coverage since they wisely removed the shoot the duck first set. 2.69 goe
ML St Seq - Level 3 for both, 3.39 goe
Tempon change again into Edith Piaf at her Most Militant! She's French! She has no regrets!
TR Pattern 1 - HUGE balance check by her. Threw the pattern off. Might have missed a step or two but good recovery though. Level 1, 1.34 goe (generous) TNYN
TR Pattern 2 - MUCH better. Back in the flow. Level 3 2.01 goe, YYNY
And yes, it's sharp and big and one of the better TR patterns of the season. This was not at its best though.
Curve Lift with cartwheel entrance up to her posing on his thigh. Level 4, 1.31 goe

Score: 74.49

It's growing on me. And this was an off-kilter performance. Getting some actual coverage on the twizzles is a big improvement.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Er... is Alexandra really upset or just way into character?
Normally it's her typical expression, but I think here she was upset with herself. She must be really very demanding as to herself and pure perfectionist. Luckily, Ivan has enough smile and joy for both of them.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Oh wow, if TES holds...will they have a chance to at least challenge bronze medal?!

Lota

Record Breaker
Normally it's her typical expression, but I think here she was upset with herself. She must be really very demanding as to herself and pure perfectionist. Luckily, Ivan has enough smile and joy for both of them.

Yeah, I also think that, since this is obviously a pretty big year for them with really good programs, and since the judges are finally really going with them this year, they want to skate better and better with each performance and build up their reputation. Showing mistakes does not exactly help with that.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV
Music: Tango: Passion for Tango
Choreography by: S. Nowak-Trebacka, L. Chojnacak, R. Bondara
Costumes: Green dress for her. Sheer tux shirt with the most man cleavage EVUH (JLo at the Grammys would blush) and black pants for him.

Required Elements:

First off, this isn't really a TR. It's a standard European tango.

Opening with a SL Lift from a virtual standstill. Very difficult and quite good. Level 4, .46. I'd up that goe.
More Euro tango steps and finally, with a difficult entry, we're into the
Twizzles - level 4 for her, 3 for him. 1.58 goe. Good.
TR Pattern Pt 1 - level 2, .69 goe
TR Pattern Pt 2 - level 2 YNNY .48 goe
They flirt very closely with the boards at points, but that is a HUGE improvement.
And into a Diagonal Step Sequence that is nice, but again, not TR at all. Level 3, 1.16 goe
Then a flip into the final pose.

I mean it's a nice tango and all, but I dare you to find the TR in it. The man cleavage isn't THAT distracting. Still, this is such a HUGE improvement from its first outing I applaud them. And it seems to be the year of Hide The Tango.

Score: 66.30 and a well deserved SB

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I see C/P as a well-matched couple, but damn Ponomarenko is expressive. Great twizzles there, but the tech panel is not forgiving on the levels today.