2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Amei

Record Breaker
Scherbakova is being more consistent with her 4lutz it looks like

She's my favorite of the new incoming seniors, but what she (or anyone else) does in exhibition/practice doesn't mean much; it's about how consistent she can keep it in competitions.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
She's my favorite of the new incoming seniors, but what she (or anyone else) does in exhibition/practice doesn't mean much; it's about how consistent she can keep it in competitions.

I don't think thats necessarily true, the fact that she can warm up a couple of lutzes and then hit two 4lz+3ts means the jump is at least somewhat stable. Yes, there isn't the pressure of a competition and the jump isn't in a routine, but she is doing it in show lighting which according to elite skaters is harder, and she hasn't really had a proper warm up, which makes it a lot harder. And it means that her success rate is getting better, which makes you more confident for competition. If you look at the gala from JWorlds, she takes many tries to warm up and complete the quad lutz, but here, she did two of them on her first and second tries. Looks like an increase in success rate to me.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Thanks.

Nice series of photos, showing the backstage work needed, seamstress and all to maintain the costumes.
Also, such a show involves a lot of waiting in a back room for your performance, standing on your skates in the entrance, but with two dogs to be taken care of, nobody got bored.
Masaru freshly trimmed and shaven looks ever so sharp and Tina is just plain adorable. Dogs on their best behaviour too, they know the drill by now.

The #TeamTutberidzeForProgress skaters are a joyful and happy bunch, doing what they do best, skating to entertain.

Their Champions on Ice show was a big success. Thank you Eteri Georgyevna, sponsors and support crew for staging it and sharing it with the world.

So now the skaters are off on school exams, family holiday or youth holiday camps? And will return to start working on training and preparing for 2019-2020 season in earnest which will start when??

Obviously, what Sasha can do is insanely amazing. But it was so scary to me to see her take 3 hard falls before finally hitting the quad. I think something similar happened after the first show, when she finally hit the quad combo after popping a couple times. It makes me wonder about the possible consistency of quads. And I wonder what her usual success rate is.

But good for Anna, it looked like she completed all her attempts. Correct me if wrong.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Obviously, what Sasha can do is insanely amazing. But it was so scary to me to see her take 3 hard falls before finally hitting the quad. I think something similar happened after the first show, when she finally hit the quad combo after popping a couple times. It makes me wonder about the possible consistency of quads. And I wonder what her usual success rate is.

But good for Anna, it looked like she completed all her attempts. Correct me if wrong.
I think Anna has a higher success rate than Sasha, because she is concentrating only on the 4Lutz and being able to land that one(also in combination) while Sasha wants to learn all the quads, so I think she doesn't spend as much time on one as Anna does, so she naturally isn't landing them as often

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Obviously, what Sasha can do is insanely amazing. But it was so scary to me to see her take 3 hard falls before finally hitting the quad.

The success rate of Trusova vs Shcherbakova in the quads, both in competition and for fun has been discussed on this board. Cannot find back the thread right now, but IIRC Trusova is the leader. However, it does indeed seem Shcherbakova is catching up in stability.

These skaters have learned to fall on their buttocks, not on their hip bones. Skater bums are all muscle and no harm is done by landing a few borked quad attempts on them.
While hip bones in still developing bodies can only take so much pounding before the growth plates get damaged.

I find skaters unexpected falling on their fronts much more scarier, they can easily knock themselves out unconscious or break their nose or teeth.

Learning how to break a fall safely is basic technique, just as in gymnastics or diving. Asymmetric bars and balance beams are equally unforgiving as liquid or frozen water when hit at speed.

I like the gutsy show performance of Akat'yeva with her triple Axels, almost as difficult as quads.
She is one kid to be reckoned with, and needs practice under varying and difficult circumstances that will help her later in actual competition.

Valiyeva perhaps isn't the show off type by nature, but she'll win any spin contest by a margin.