2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 691 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Maybe she could. Do you think there's an ISU communication out there that defines a man and a lady? Maybe Rusfed should just enter her into a man's event at a challenger to see what would happen

Considering how consistent her quads are becoming I think even the men would fear her. The men are often a complete quad splatfest and she's only missed one so far this season

Fluture

Record Breaker
Not going to specifically talk about Rostelecom practice but more of a general observation of Zhenya across many practices.

Her technique looks better, at least in practice it does. Some of her 2As are actually really good. She seems to revert to her old ways in the pressure of competition though.

My biggest wish is for her to skate with the same speed and technique in competition like she does in practice. She looks like a completely different skater in practice. Muscle memory is a difficult thing, if you skate one way for a decade and then suddenly change basically everything, it‘s hard to get used to performing the new stuff under pressure.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B42AuuWpZWC/?igshid=1pik7klvbvlm3

I mean, look at that video. Her speed and edges and 2A have improved so much. If only she could translate it to the competition. I’ll be patient, though, here’s no quick fix after all.

Here’s Sasha‘s runthrough as well. She fell on the 4S but landed all the other quads easily. The 3Lz+3Lo fall at the end was hilarious, the way she sort of looked both annoyed and disbelieving, like: “wth did I just do?“ :laugh: After the program she landed a few, though, no trouble.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B42CEQlpMFt/?igshid=1x0k9p4yh00ct

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alexandra just said she'd prefer to compete with men, because this way she'd be allowed to do quads in SP :rofl:
This girl :laugh2:

You mean isu handle its ladies like they're Faberge eggs and have to limit them with rules? Sashtini wont like that. ;)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Yuzu has too much pcs

Yeah, I don't think she'd beat Yuzu or Nathan even with 3A :biggrin:
But for now, realistically, I think she's not completely out of reach for some ladies too, even with all the quads.
Once she's got her 3A, I don't think any lady would be able to compete with her. And on her good day, if other men aren't feeling their best, she could beat them all too :biggrin:

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Yeah, I don't think she'd beat Yuzu or Nathan even with 3A :biggrin:
But for now, realistically, I think she's not completely out of reach for some ladies too, even with all the quads.
Once she's got her 3A, I don't think any lady would be able to compete with her. And on her good day, if other men aren't feeling their best, she could beat them all too :biggrin:

Personally, if I were Sasha, I would never want to compete in men's. I'm sure winning every comp is better than quads in the sp. :laugh:

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
My biggest wish is for her to skate with the same speed and technique in competition like she does in practice. She looks like a completely different skater in practice. Muscle memory is a difficult thing, if you skate one way for a decade and then suddenly change basically everything, it‘s hard to get used to performing the new stuff under pressure.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B42AuuWpZWC/?igshid=1pik7klvbvlm3

I mean, look at that video. Her speed and edges and 2A have improved so much. If only she could translate it to the competition. I’ll be patient, though, here’s no quick fix after all.

Here’s Sasha‘s runthrough as well. She fell on the 4S but landed all the other quads easily. The 3Lz+3Lo fall at the end was hilarious, the way she sort of looked both annoyed and disbelieving, like: “wth did I just do?“ :laugh: After the program she landed a few, though, no trouble.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B42CEQlpMFt/?igshid=1x0k9p4yh00ct

This is what I love so much about Sasha, such mental strength and maturity yet she's also got a wonderful sense of humor and outlook on her own mistakes

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Not going to specifically talk about Rostelecom practice but more of a general observation of Zhenya across many practices.

Her technique looks better, at least in practice it does. Some of her 2As are actually really good. She seems to revert to her old ways in the pressure of competition though.

I have the feeling that she doesn't have enough ice time in Canada, hence, the inconsistency in competitions. It is probably less than what she is used to in Russia. Plus, the frequent layout and program changes also don't help translating her practice form to competitions. Probably she could stay again in CSKA, where she could spend all day on the rink, without worrying for paying per hour? She really needs that before the bloodbath of Russian nationals.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I have the feeling that she doesn't have enough ice time in Canada, hence, the inconsistency in competitions. It is probably less than what she is used to in Russia. Plus, the frequent layout and program changes also don't help translating her practice form to competitions. Probably she could stay again in CSKA, where she could spend all day on the rink, without worrying for paying per hour? She really needs that before the bloodbath of Russian nationals.

If only someone would look at what‘s actually happening to her when she‘s inconsistent in competition. It‘s mental and very clearly so. Zhenya‘s said it, Tracy has said it, Brian as well. She is in top shape physically and well prepared. During competition she sometimes still switches back to her old mindset and it throws her off. But that‘s, even if we don‘t like it, to be expected. Plus she‘s getting the same amount of ice time as she got in Russia, the sessions are just differently spread across the day. All things she‘s openly said in interviews before. She‘s getting enough ice time, her physical shape has improved. I wish people would stop speculating about her finances. Other skaters have managed to train with Brian who aren’t 2 WC, EC and OSM. People who don’t get as many opportunities to earn money on advertisements, sponsoring and shows. She‘s absolutely fine and even if she wasn‘t, that‘s her business, not any of ours.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Brian is doing a good job with her. I do not understand those who say it's not working, she shouldn't have gone to him/should switch coaches again.

She looks more relaxed and comfortable in his team, she went into this knowing there was no quick fix, that it will take time and probably quite a lot of it.

Like Mao Asada, she had quite a lot of poor results before she was able to show the fruits of her own technical overhaul.

Why Misha why? Why are you opening up this can of worms? And you knowsome people and they may very well be in the minority or saying it's not working with orser.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Why Misha why? Why are you opening up this can of worms? And you knowsome people and they may very well be in the minority or saying it's not working with orser.

First I thought you were talking about Kolyada. :laugh: Anyway, no one opened a can of worms. Only comment Mishaminion made was that Zhenya looks great in practice and seems comfortable and confident with her team. Which she absolutely does. Now she needs to translate that calm confidence to competition...

Scott512

Record Breaker
First I thought you were talking about Kolyada. :laugh: Anyway, no one opened a can of worms. Only comment Mishaminion made was that Zhenya looks great in practice and seems comfortable and confident with her team. Which she absolutely does. Now she needs to translate that calm confidence to competition...
I would hope she would have been comfortable and confident with her former team since she was smiling a lot then too. :)

But the key now of course is will Zhenya take her fine practice form into live competition like she used to. She has to for obvious reasons. And this my friends is one of the biggest challenges of her career. why she isn't taking her great practice form into live competition is perplexing many people.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I wonder if Tsibinova can have a shot as a junior next year. I know she's 16, but Stanislava also stayed junior for quite some time, till she was 18 if I'm not wrong.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

As long as Zhenya herself is happy, it shouldn't matter who coaches her or why . That is the way I see it, no controversy necessary xD

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I would hope she would have been comfortable and confident with her former team since she was smiling a lot then too. :)

But the key now of course is will Zhenya take her fine practice form into live competition like she used to. She has to for obvious reasons. And this my friends is one of the biggest challenges of her career. why she isn't taking her great practice form into live competition is perplexing many people.

It shouldn't be because it is very obvious.

She has gone through some huge changes in her life, career, training and technique.

It is not easy to get used to such a huge amount of change, plus there is still enormous pressure on her to somehow "prove" her choices were right or worth it.

Personally I feel she doesn't need to prove anything to anyone and owes nobody a damn thing.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I wonder if Tsibinova can have a shot as a junior next year. I know she's 16, but Stanislava also stayed junior for quite some time, till she was 18 if I'm not wrong.

The junior ranks and the numbers of those good enough for international assignments are filling up pretty quickly. The upsurge in Russian novices and juniors caused by the Terrific Trio is in full swing, there is a tidal wave of good skaters coming ashore.

Depends a bit on what is planned for Kanysheva, Sinitsyna, Vasil'yeva and perhaps some other 2005 born girls. Kanysheva is still injured and unable to post a SB or give any indication of her ranking atm.

There will be new additions to the junior ranks from the first half of 2007 born girls like Samodelkina, Petrosyan, who are JPG eligible next season, and probably quite a lot more.

Akat'yeva was born 2007, July 7, so looses out for next season, which might not be bad per se, for it allows her to consolidate in her own pace.