2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 689 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

DenissVFan

Medalist
At least Liza N. got a Challenger spot. It feels like she's clawed her way back to that place. The pressure is on – if she doesn't deliver, she may not get another chance...

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
At least Liza N. got a Challenger spot. It feels like she's clawed her way back to that place. The pressure is on – if she doesn't deliver, she may not get another chance...

She must score way above 200 points to be in the mix for next year. I'm not sure Liza can do that. But I wish her all the best this weekend.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Liza generally goes to Golden Spin - she was entered last year as well, but WD when she qualified for the GPF. I think Caro went too when she was with Mishin. It seems he likes to take his skaters to this competition. Also, it is well known that he likes his skaters to compete much and often.

It would be interesting to know how these spots are assigned, and who pays for travel &c.

Yes it would be very interesting to know how these spots are assigned. It seems Mishin's skaters get a lot. Is he prioritizing Challengers and cuts something else? Is it all up to the coaches? Or has Mishin more funding? I'd like to know...

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
Yes, This championship of Russia can be the last for many girls.

Next year, Eteri will show off her new weapon . 4 girls will have to leave.

In 2 years Sonya Akatyeva, Sonya Samodelkina, Lisa Berestovskaya and Adelia Petrosyan will be 14 years old...Will be able to skate too.

Then Zhilina will come..Then Melkumova, Rubtsova...

I can't imagine how Russian skaters can look to the future with hope. But a lot of little girls do.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Yes, This championship of Russia can be the last for many girls.

Next year, Eteri will show off her new weapon . 4 girls will have to leave.

In 2 years Sonya Akatyeva, Sonya Samodelkina, Lisa Berestovskaya and Adelia Petrosyan will be 14 years old...Will be able to skate too.

Then Zhilina will come..Then Melkumova, Rubtsova...

I can't imagine how Russian skaters can look to the future with hope. But a lot of little girls do.

Are you referring to Kamila when you say new weapon?

Or are you saying 4 girls will have to leave because Kamila, Daria, Maya and Alena Kanysheva will take their places? 🙃

Trying to imagine Russian nationals next season with 8 Team Tutberidze skaters 😱 4A + those I mentioned above.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
Are you referring to Kamila when you say new weapon?

Or are you saying 4 girls will have to leave because Kamila, Daria, Maya and Alena Kanysheva will take their places? ��

Trying to imagine Russian nationals next season with 8 Team Tutberidze skaters �� 4A + those I mentioned above.

Yes, I mean all of them.
I believe they are able to close the door in our championship for many right now.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It sounds threatening to everyone. But this is something that is very possible in reality.

The other rinks will have to work just as hard as the crew and skaters in Khrustalniy. Applying the Tutberidze Effect is not rocket science, just intelligent foresight, good planning, hard work, sensible allocation of resources and most of all constant attention to every detail of the rules, the skaters strengths and weaknesses, the training process, the application of images that both please, develop and challenge the skaters, etc.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Tallin Trophy:

1. Tsibinova 194.16
2. Guliakova 170.34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK-d7a7O_hk

This is Tsbinova's free skate.

I think it was very good. A bit Bradie Tennell-ish, very solid. The judges were a bit reluctant to give her good GOE's so her overall score was about 10 points lower than at her Russian Cup Group Stages. I've seen her three times now and she has always been clean. It will be interesting to see how this goes at RusNats!

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
The other rinks will have to work just as hard as the crew and skaters in Khrustalniy. Applying the Tutberidze Effect is not rocket science, just intelligent foresight, good planning, hard work, sensible allocation of resources and most of all constant attention to every detail of the rules, the skaters strengths and weaknesses, the training process, the application of images that both please, develop and challenge the skaters, etc.

Not sure. They've already built a Russian Rocket.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Not sure. They've already built a Russian Rocket.

a pocket rocket, that Sasha ;-)

Still, skaters of her calibre are rare and hard to find, but Veronika Zhilina in my eyes is shaping up to a Trusova Mk II :)

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
a pocket rocket, that Sasha ;-)

Still, skaters of her calibre are rare and hard to find, but Veronika Zhilina in my eyes is shaping up to a Trusova Mk II :)

Yes, I agree, and Sonya and Kamila are slightly different technologies.

Sasha is a surface-to-air rocket.
They're air-to-air rockets. To shoot down other fighter planes with high components.

No one knows what the rules will be in the next war.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I just realized, the two young Sofia's are currently the only one's that will compete at JNats (if Sonia S qualifies :pray:) with triple axels, and both plan them in the sp. Of course, I'm sure the likes of Valieva, Sinitsyna, etc. will still be scored above them if clean, but they still have the possibility to be pretty high in the ranks after the sp.

Also, does anyone have/know how to get height data on either of their 3As? Akatieva's looks quite large to me, but I can't tell if thats just a trick of the eye. I guess that doesn't matter as long as the jump looks beautiful, but I'm still curious.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I remember lots of people argued that both Tarusina and Gubanova should have placed above Samodurova and Medvedeva at RusNats last year. If so, this season would have been very different for them. But there is no "if" in figure skating.
True.

Yes, I agree, and Sonya and Kamila are slightly different technologies.

Sasha is a surface-to-air rocket.
They're air-to-air rockets. To shoot down other fighter planes with high components.

No one knows what the rules will be in the next war.
Please no war. Only love in figure skating. :) ;)

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Comra... you know which Tutberidze girls - not seniors - will be at the Rostelecom exhibition, maybe the miracle of seeing Zhilina and Akatieva jumping quads and 3A next to Trusova at the end of the exhibition could happen!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Do any of you consider Alena Kostornaia the top Russian Lady after her big win in France. I absolutely loved her skating and her programs.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Do any of you consider Alena Kostornaia the top Russian Lady after her bug win in France. I absolutely loved her skating and her programs.

She is definitely my favorite, but I would say based on scores so far this season, Sasha is still the top Russian lady.

The real test is when we see all 4A against each other for the first time with the same tech callers and international judging panel. Assuming this will be at GPF, that will give us a better idea of how they stack up against each other.

Amei

Record Breaker
Do any of you consider Alena Kostornaia the top Russian Lady after her bug win in France. I absolutely loved her skating and her programs.

She's a lovely skater but until Trusova, Kostornaia and Shcherbakova are scored against each with the same judges the top lady is Trusova - based on the 3 of them skating their current programs, Trusova would have to fall on a quad and be messy elsewhere for the other 2 to top her.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Comra... you know which Tutberidze girls - not seniors - will be at the Rostelecom exhibition, maybe the miracle of seeing Zhilina and Akatieva jumping quads and 3A next to Trusova at the end of the exhibition could happen!

Ooo my best bet is Akatieva. She's well known from Ice Age Kids, and has gotten a lot of buzz from her quad/3A. I guess they could invite two if they wanted just like they invited Trusova/Kostornaia to the Europeans gala 2018. Whoever is there though (assuming they do invite someone) will join a long line of great juniors to perform in Moscow-held competition galas :).

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I just realized, the two young Sofia's are currently the only one's that will compete at JNats (if Sonia S qualifies :pray:) with triple axels, and both plan them in the sp. Of course, I'm sure the likes of Valieva, Sinitsyna, etc. will still be scored above them if clean, but they still have the possibility to be pretty high in the ranks after the sp.

Also, does anyone have/know how to get height data on either of their 3As? Akatieva's looks quite large to me, but I can't tell if thats just a trick of the eye. I guess that doesn't matter as long as the jump looks beautiful, but I'm still curious.

you need the air time (t) to calculate the height (h) as well as the gravitational constant (g, in sweden its 9.82 but it varies slightly around the world). If my math is correct the formula should be h=(t^2*g)/2. You can check for youself because it can fairly easily be derived from the standard equations for projectile motion (high school physics).