2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 984 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
It wouldn‘t have changed anything in my opinion because the scores were alright the way they were. My only argument is that people cannot be indignant about what might be one harsh UR call for Anna when, at the same time, she got away with 5 uncalled lutz !.

Maturity isn‘t about the way your body looks (that would be horrible!) but about the way you skate. And it only comes with experience and shows in every PCS category. I know many people don’t see it but there is a difference in portraying Firebird at 15 or at 20. Neither of the 3A is there yet but Aliona‘s the most and it only helps that she‘s skating to Twilight which is not exactly a well choreographed program but easier to make believable. Anyway, I won‘t argue further about this.

I am saddened but not surprised at all by the reaction in this thread, by the very same people who swore they‘d always love all girls. Well, looks like the one who ends up winning has already lost that love. That‘s alright, Aliona will survive. I do hope she knows she has fans who love her and who think she TOTALLY deserved that win, though.

Your last paragraph says it all and it's sad. I want to see these three amazing young ladies stay together for a couple more years. The pressure on them internally is incredible and they are all so likeable besides being great skaters.

For me it's hard to be happy for Aliona when I know Anna is so sad at not winning. Anna seems like the perfect young lady I never gets flustered by anything. I think I still prefer aliona but Anna is closing the gap fast.

Sasha has to go to Worlds she has medaled at every event in her debut season. If Anna or Aliona struggle at Worlds Sasha could pick up the slack. The pressure at World's is immense look what it did to Alina a couple years ago after she won the Olympics. Sasha has to go because even not at her best she can score 230 to 240 points. Sasha is also the best chance for a Russian sweep and to think that anyone could dispute that is unfathomable. Alina and Zhenya have clearly ended their seasons so they are not options. If there is an injury or illness to one of 3A then Liza goes due to her body of work and her ability to land triple axels.

McBibus

On the Ice
yesterday night I come here after the final and I was disgusted by what I read, culminating with bull*** about rigged competition.

Aliona deserves better from us!
She dealed with a growth in the last month and yet put on two terrific performances.
We probably saw her a bit stiffer and controlled than at GPF or rusnat but she deservedly won e she must be respected

Anna deserves better from us!
She won already and she will win again on her own merit and with the same judges that put her second yesterday.

If a competition is rigged it will be rigged even when Anna will win again, nullifying her (and everybody else) achievement

I think (hope) we all love skating here, and that we say thanks every day for the opportunity too admire A+A+A especially in a digital era where we can find footage everyday.
That thing I saw yesterday belong to football (soccer for out US friends) hooligans discussion, not to a sport that goes hand in hand with art and pure performance.

Sorry for being so plain and open.
Hope nobody is offended

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
In case anybody is still doubting, here is Aleksandra's triksel from this morning training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqZkIxm1koA , which seems quite competition ready.

Here is Anna's FFKKR interview from today, Anna completely relaxed, full of attention and giving thoughtful and well voiced answers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lirZZJGSqyc , as we've come to expect from her.
Interestingly, Anna tells she has learned and is being trained to both look commandingly at the judges while preparing her difficult elements and to cleanly perform these elements. Olga Yermolina compliments Anna on the quality of her well thought out answers, so Anna is indeed creating this reputation about her :)

When you are able to 'detach' yourself from your skating and can let your mind and focus wander without losing concentration, you've truely reached this state of ethereal greatness.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Who is competing? Who had best chances of progressing to junior worlds?

Ladies:
Kamila Valieva (high chance for JWC)
Ksenia Sinitsyna (high chance for JWC if clean)
Daria Usacheva (high chance for JWC if clean)
Maiia Kromykh (chance for JWC if clean)
Viktoria Vasilieva (chance for JWC if clean)
Anastasia Tarakanova (some chance for JWC if clean)
Anna Frolova (some chance for JWC if clean)
Sofia Akatieva (junior ineligible, but has 4T and 3A)
Sofia Samodelkina (junior ineligible, but has 3A)
Elizaveta Berestovskaya (junior ineligible, but has 4T)
Varvara Kisel (junior ineligible, but has 3A)
Elizaveta Osokina
Alina Gorbacheva
Maria Zakharova (daughter of Anna Tsareva, who coached Pogorilaya)
Adelia Petrosyan (Team Tutberidze)
Nikol Vaytkus
Nika Ryabinina
Sofia Moroz

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Alena and Anna probably safe in the last group at Worlds but Sasha is not. There is Rika, Satoko, Bradie, Alena and Anna above her and there is Mariah and Eunsoo who could move up above Sasha with a 6th place in 4CC which is doable for Mariah at least, especially after how she skate at US nats. Higuchi also could move above Sasha with 5th place at 4CC.

Mariah isn't going to 4CC - she's not even on the alternates for it. My guess is she turned it down due to how close it is to nationals.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Alina is capable of getting 80+ in SP and 150+ in FP, Medvedeva didn't manage to get to 80 and 150 even at her best skate, at home.

regarding to pressure, Alina delivered it under immense pressure several times in her career. I frankly doubt anybody in ladies FS has every been under so much pressure as Alina was last year During worlds.

Quite frankly, the only reason Alina scored 80 and 150 this season (notwithstanding the actual output on the ice) is reputation judging. If she didn’t have reigning World and Olympic champion stamped on her resume, her scores would have deservedly been much, much lower.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Ladies:

list of 16 junior skaters 12-16 years of age

This is the competition Ted Barton has been invited to, to provide commentary on the World feed, right?

All of the listed girls are excellent skaters in their own right. Many promising skaters didn't make it to the finals, Dmitriyeva, Muravyova, etc. Boys, dance and even pairs are of high level and enjoyable to watch.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Anna said that after the free skate there was no heating in that hotel. When you think it can’t get worse... no hot water, no heating, good god.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Russian figure skater Alyona Kostornaya became European Champion, Anna Shcherbakova won Silver. The day after the tournament ended, the girls were interviewed about their dreams, New Year’s celebration and jokes about not getting into the free program.

- Yesterday the European Championship ended. How did the first hours went after all this? How many hours did you sleep?

Alyona: Three and a half.

Anna: Four.

- Is it because of the doping control you had to attend, or simply could not fall asleep?

Anna: Me, more likely due to doping control. I was late.

Alyona: I returned to my room, watched TV shows for a long time, and oops - four in the morning. And I got up at 8:30. I am like this: "Mm, well, I'll see."

- Why did you watch TV shows? Didn’t want to sleep?

Alyona: Well, I think 'one episode only'. And then another one. And one more, the newest.

Anna: I went to bed at the first opportunity, but the opportunity appeared quite late.

- And when was this?

Anna: Probably at three o’clock. Also, when we were taking doping control, they turned off all the heating, so it wasn’t very good.

- It usually helps.

Anna: No, that doesn't help at all. Just here, at the rink, all the heating was turned off, so I had to sit in the cold.

- Are you an early bird or an owl?

Anna: I think I'm an early bird, but lately I feel that there is some kind of lack of sleep, so I can sleep for a long time.

Alyona: I'm the one who goes to bed early and gets up late.

- And who do you live with?

Anna: Generally together. But while the competition was going on, I lived with my parents. And only now, on the last day, I will come to Alyona’s room.

- Can you generally describe your experience at your first European Championship? For example, Alyona said before the start that she could not imagine how it would be. What about now?

Alyona: I don’t know, I expected something more. I thought it would be somehow different, but it turned out exactly the same. Only on the nameplate the name has changed, that’s all.

Anna: I also can’t say that these competitions were somewhat different from others. I tried not to think about the status in order to be less nervous. Rather, I can take my experience from my skating, and not because the competition has more status.

- Alyona, it seemed to everyone that you were very upset after the Russian Championship. You even burst into tears. And how did you really rate this tournament? What was your mood after its conclusion?

Alyona: I skated my short program very well. I will not say anything about my free. Naturally, I was upset - it was unable to complete my jump set. There were a lot of errors. Also, fatigue has accumulated.

- Tell us about the New Year. Did you make a wish? Where was it celebrated, if at all?

Alyona: I celebrated the New Year at home, in the countryside at our dacha. It was difficult to make a wish - we had a shortage of pens, but we need to write ours down, eat and drink at 12 o'clock. The pens refused to write. Each of us stole them from the other. If you count, I have a lot of cousins ​​and second cousins, there was a fight for these pens! Mom sold the papers. And I found a pen somewhere in a very unexpected place, but everything worked out.

Anna: I also celebrated the New Year in the country, we were all together. It was fun too, because the chimes were on TV, which came from the Internet. Right at twelve o'clock the Internet turned off, the chimes turned off, the parents shouted together: "Boom, boom, boom." It was generally fun. Then, afterwards, they turned it on again and, in order to observe the tradition, we listened to the real chimes. These are force majeure circumstances.

- Do you have family traditions associated with the New Year?

Anna: I think the main New Year’s tradition is that every year we get together, we always have a beautiful tree, under which there is an unrealistic amount of gifts to open after all.

- After the New Year, after the Championship of Russia, you both relaxed a bit. You are not at peak form right now. Knowing this, how did you approach this start?

Alyona: I just skated, knowing that since I was selected for these competitions, it means that it should be so. What happens there will happen. I went to do at least the least that I can. In general, it turned out pretty well.

Anna: Yes, the preparation was difficult, because of this short break, uncoordination, it was hard to put together my programs. Therefore, maybe, physically, I was not so sure of myself, there were mistakes. But there are also positive aspects.

- Alyona, yesterday you told that the main thing for you is that you got on the podium. Have you really thought that you would not be in the top three?

Alyona: You know, it all depends on the skating runs. There are good ones, but there are also bad ones. Here the question was not that I would get on the pedestal, but about yesterday's excursion around Graz. Of course, we joked about this, it would be rather strange if this happened. But I don’t think that Kevin Aimoz, who was practically a favourite, could imagine that he would fall in his free program.

- What are the plans for further preparation?

Alyona: Go out to skate, train, improve. There will be a lot of time.

Anna: I’ll come and will break in new skates, since there will be a little more time before the competition. Next, we will also work out programs and learn new elements.

- In new skates, you can immediately execute ultra-si elements of you need to gradually approach these?

Anna: Depends on the skates, it happens in different ways. Sometimes it turns out you are restored very quickly, sometimes you need to suffer a little. There is time, I hope to be in time.

- And taking into account this ultra-si, your skates generally last long enough?

Alyona: So far I have one pair, maybe two. But these are Edea Piano's. Chorus' I had to change almost every month. New competitions - new skates. That is, seven competitions - seven new pairs of skates. This is a very soft model, I put them on, tied them, and after two workouts they were like slippers.

Anna: I have been riding Risport since childhood. Previously, they quietly lasted all season. When I was little, I could generally ride two seasons on the same skates. Now, when there are a lot of quads, the skates do not always stand up, you have to repair them with improvised means - to tape them up, for example. When these competitions approach, then I need new ones.

- Alyona, yesterday you were asked if you watched the skating runs of other girls. You answered that you were not allowed there. Did you want to watch?

Alyona: I wanted to look with one eye, but I was told: “Impossible!” - and they closed the door. Next time, once again shut for me. I think: "Well then, what kind of horror is this?" I stood there, some greenery blocks my view. I am like: “Oh, Anya is going.” And here is the sheet. And at that moment Anya jumps.

- So you wanted to watch. But is it not distracting?

Alyona: Many people say that you shouldn’t watch the skating runs of others before your own performance. I see nothing wrong with that - it makes no difference, your skating run is your skating run, and those of another athlete is the the skating run of this other athlete. You are not responsible for her performace. Therefore, I can calmly watch.

- That is, even if before your turn there is some crazy result or, as in the case of Yuzuru Hanyu, a lot is thrown on the ice, the audience is going crazy, does it affect you in any way?

Alyona: No, because you go and tune in to your skating run and, on the whole, you hardly see or hear what is happening around you. You're just tuned in to what you have to do, and you just don't notice the time.

- Anya, how about you?

Anna: I try not to watch. I have no prohibition. If I suddenly want to know how someone skated before me, I won’t think that this is the end of the world and disaster, but I try not to be distracted.
-----
From: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...rbakovoy-chempionat-yevropy-2020---foto-video

When I understand correctly, the medalist had press obligations and doping control lasting well into the night and slept only little before being driven to the main rink for training and rehearsing of the gala exhibition.
Explain why Aleksandra fell twice, Alyona once probably. Anna held herself up best, she is strong!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I'm just curious... how was Liza's commentary?

No idea, haven't heard or read anything about it.

Tuktamysheva: “I will do my best to get into the participants in the European Championships”

Russian figure skater Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva, who attended the European Championships as a commentator on Channel One, said that she wants to become a participant in the tournament next year.

“It is so cool to be part of an event like this, it was especially interesting to be at the European Championships, not as a spectator, but from the commentator point of view - an unforgettable experience.

However, next year I will do my best to become one of the participants. Because, first of all, I am an athlete, and then a commentator ”, Tuktamysheva wrote on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7yjFMqIXPi/
-----
From: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...past-v-chislo-uchastnikov-chempionata-yevropy

Scott512

Record Breaker
yesterday night I come here after the final and I was disgusted by what I read, culminating with bull*** about rigged competition.

Aliona deserves better from us!
She dealed with a growth in the last month and yet put on two terrific performances.
We probably saw her a bit stiffer and controlled than at GPF or rusnat but she deservedly won e she must be respected

Anna deserves better from us!
She won already and she will win again on her own merit and with the same judges that put her second yesterday.

If a competition is rigged it will be rigged even when Anna will win again, nullifying her (and everybody else) achievement

I think (hope) we all love skating here, and that we say thanks every day for the opportunity too admire A+A+A especially in a digital era where we can find footage everyday.
That thing I saw yesterday belong to football (soccer for out US friends) hooligans discussion, not to a sport that goes hand in hand with art and pure performance.

Sorry for being so plain and open.
Hope nobody is offended

No not at all. Thank you for being plain and open.

Azikin

Medalist
Do people seriously think Sasha is not getting sent to Worlds? What the h...

3A are sweeping everything this season and it's a bit boring, so some people are having fun making fantastic theories.. I don't think RusFed is so generous as to offer other countries a serious chance to medal at Worlds.. ;)

colormyworld240

Medalist
It wouldn‘t have changed anything in my opinion because the scores were alright the way they were. My only argument is that people cannot be indignant about what might be one harsh UR call for Anna when, at the same time, she got away with 5 uncalled lutz !.

Maturity isn‘t about the way your body looks (that would be horrible!) but about the way you skate. And it only comes with experience and shows in every PCS category. I know many people don’t see it but there is a difference in portraying Firebird at 15 or at 20. Neither of the 3A is there yet but Aliona‘s the most and it only helps that she‘s skating to Twilight which is not exactly a well choreographed program but easier to make believable. Anyway, I won‘t argue further about this.

I am saddened but not surprised at all by the reaction in this thread, by the very same people who swore they‘d always love all girls. Well, looks like the one who ends up winning has already lost that love. That‘s alright, Aliona will survive. I do hope she knows she has fans who love her and who think she TOTALLY deserved that win, though.

I appreciate that we're actually breaking this down and not arguing opinions only. This is my issue with Anna getting away with 5 uncalled lutz !: she didn't get away with it. While it didn't get called, this was still reflected in her GOE. A ! call wouldn't further reduce her GOE as she was already docked for her takeoff. That's why she got only +3 average for an otherwise perfect jump with imperfect takeoff. A full e call would have brought her to the -1/0/+1 range, in addition to a reduction in BV, but she did not deserve an e. A ! call wouldn't have changed her scoring; not relative scoring in the competition but just her scoring as there is no BV reduction and she rightfully lost GOE for it.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
3A are sweeping everything this season and it's a bit boring, so some people are having fun making fantastic theories.. I don't think RusFed is so generous as to offer other countries a serious chance to medal at Worlds.. ;)

Are we already being spoiled ;-) ?? The internal struggle for the division of the medals between the Aces for me is the highlight of every competition they enter. When they'll get a new ultra-si each, the struggle will be even more fought at the sharpest blade edge possible.

I have no problem with strict calling and judging, but it has to be applied to every competition in the same manner at the same 'severity'. And not in this seemingly random way that benefits nobody from the educational point of view and only creates confusion.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Kamila and Ksenia should go, even if they are not clean. The 3rd spot is wide open. Daria has a better package but her 3-3 does not seem to be stable. I have not seen Maiia since JGP and he had problem with jumps.
Ladies:
Kamila Valieva (high chance for JWC)
Ksenia Sinitsyna (high chance for JWC if clean)
Daria Usacheva (high chance for JWC if clean)
Maiia Kromykh (chance for JWC if clean)
Viktoria Vasilieva (chance for JWC if clean)
Anastasia Tarakanova (some chance for JWC if clean)
Anna Frolova (some chance for JWC if clean)
Sofia Akatieva (junior ineligible, but has 4T and 3A)
Sofia Samodelkina (junior ineligible, but has 3A)
Elizaveta Berestovskaya (junior ineligible, but has 4T)
Varvara Kisel (junior ineligible, but has 3A)
Elizaveta Osokina
Alina Gorbacheva
Maria Zakharova (daughter of Anna Tsareva, who coached Pogorilaya)
Adelia Petrosyan (Team Tutberidze)
Nikol Vaytkus
Nika Ryabinina
Sofia Moroz

colormyworld240

Medalist
I agree. And that's why I can't figure out what is Anna S supposed to do in her SP to get such scores, having in mind that she has the same difficult layout as Alina with the "tinny" difference that her 3Lz-3Lo is in the second part of the program...

Yeah this is the confusion, also. I love Alina and no disrespect to her, but Anna's SPs at Euros and GPF were as good as or even better than any 82+ SP Alina has ever put out. And that's with the combo in the second half. But maybe we will see higher scores at worlds, as it did take Alina a full season to raise her PCS. Maybe the judges need her convincing in the form of time with Anna.

And a correction to previous poster: Alina didn't start scoring 80+ after her big titles, the first time was at the Olympics prior to any world/olympic wins and it was well over 80. It was because that was her best performance of the program, hopefully Anna does the same at worlds though it won't be as much as the backloading rule has changed since then.