2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1049 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

SkateSkates

Medalist
Tuktamysheva is second alternate, right? But AFAIK, she isn't maintaining herself in competitive readiness, instead doing her show and other commercial stuff.

I was under the impression Liza was the first spare and Nastya was the 2nd, but I agree with you it seems like instead of preparing as an alternate she is already working on new programs for next season. Seems like Nastya Gulyakova is the only viable spare as Zhenya and Alina have stated they are finished with their seasons. Samodurova is also engaged in Averbukh shows, so I guess that leaves Nugumanova who had a challenger this season...and Tsibinova got the minimums at a non-Challenger senior B. Gubanova also has the minimums from last season which are still valid. I’m also assuming Sima’s season is over since she’s skipping the Cup Final?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Liza is first alternate, Nastya Guliakova second.

I wonder why Liza Nugumanova didn't get her bonuses after all? I thought it was that the spin had to have an average of +4 GOE, and all of her spins had that. There were definitely bonuses here, since Liza Berestovskaya got some, so I wonder why they were initially given and then removed.

Yes those bonus points got me really confused. After Talalaykina had skated and got her scores, it clearly showed that she was 5th and Nugumanova was still 3rd.

But the official scores had the bonus points for Nugumanova removed. Is that how it always work? Have I not paid attention enough? If those B points are just for show, do they benefit the skater at all?

The draw for tomorrow is done and Nugumanova is in the first group, so I guess those Bs didn't count.

brakes

On the Ice
Akatieva's entry to 4T is quite slow, isn't it? Looks like nonchalant "I jump so high, I don't need speed" thing, not sure about what it's about.
Unfortunately, in free skate Petrosyan lose her performing magic quite a bit - don't know if it's weaker choreo or the skater or both.

Adorable performer Liza Nugumanova can conceal those urs perfectly. I think I have a good eye on them, but was sure today she finally delivered clean skate. Unfortunately, it's been 2015,16,17,18,19 ur problems again and again.
Gubanova can deliver, still has class and the final pose was impressive.
Frolova and Tarakanova are really losing their chances to impress feds skating like that. Especially the first one should've done better than what was presented.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
But we musn't forget that those more difficult jumps can also cost a lot if you don't succeed. That's why Kostornaia has beaten Shcherbakova and Trusova twice.

And Medvedeva wouldn't have gotten bronze at last year Worlds if not for the +5/-5 system. She simply beat Kihira on GOE.

If you wanna go into the more detailed answer, than:

So, to answer the question, the -5/+5 system is convenient for those who do more difficult jumps clean.

Which is self-evident.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Russian Cup Final after the short

Guliakova 73.23
Gubanova 72.13 (was best imo)
Tsibinova 67.02 (UR 3T)
Talalaykina 66.50
Nugumanova 66.39 (two URs)
Shulskaya 65.95
Frolova 60.01 (missed the combo)
Tarakanova 57.30 (fell on her Lutz, then only a shaky double combo)

I really thought Tarakanova could win here! But it doesn't seem likely now...

Strangely, Nugumanova was initially 3rd with 68.39 points, but I checked the protocols, the score of 66.39 seems accurate.
(Edit: Nugumanova got 2 bonus points for her spins that is not in the final protocols.)

Long program tomorrow at 12.00 CET (I think)

You have the fairest judgments on the board are you really surprised nastya was the best and finished in second place? No way does the FED that has buried her for a couple years and didn't even give her a Challenger this year want her to win gold in the Russian Cup final. Only way she can take the gold is ifshe has a great free skate and Nastya bombs. Otherwise they will find a way for nastya to take the gold.

katymay

Medalist
Akatieva's entry to 4T is quite slow, isn't it? Looks like nonchalant "I jump so high, I don't need speed" thing, not sure about what it's about.
Unfortunately, in free skate Petrosyan lose her performing magic quite a bit - don't know if it's weaker choreo or the skater or both.

Adorable performer Liza Nugumanova can conceal those urs perfectly. I think I have a good eye on them, but was sure today she finally delivered clean skate. Unfortunately, it's been 2015,16,17,18,19 ur problems again and again.
Gubanova can deliver, still has class and the final pose was impressive.
Frolova and Tarakanova are really losing their chances to impress feds skating like that. Especially the first one should've done better than what was presented.

They seem to be super picky with Nugumanova. The loop loop looked good to me, or at least within the allowed UR . It is honestly one of my favorite combinations, and I wish just once she would get credit for it, certainly other skaters are allowed some leeway. Tarakanova had such a beautiful 3Lutz, a shame she lost the landing edge, but she looked better than I thought she would look after being out for so long with injury.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
You have the fairest judgments on the board are you really surprised nastya was the best and finished in second place? No way does the FED that has buried her for a couple years and didn't even give her a Challenger this year want her to win gold in the Russian Cup final. Only way she can take the gold is ifshe has a great free skate and Nastya bombs. Otherwise they will find a way for nastya to take the gold.

LOL! Lot of Nastya's in there. I guess you mean that Gubanova needs to be super clean and Guliakova needs to ne NOT super clean - then Gubanova can win?;)

Scott512

Record Breaker
LOL! Lot of Nastya's in there. I guess you mean that Gubanova needs to be super clean and Guliakova needs to ne NOT super clean - then Gubanova can win?;)
Yes! ;)

Why didn't Dasha Panekova skate in the Russian Cup series?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
They seem to be super picky with Nugumanova. The loop loop looked good to me, or at least within the allowed UR . It is honestly one of my favorite combinations, and I wish just once she would get credit for it, certainly other skaters are allowed some leeway. Tarakanova had such a beautiful 3Lutz, a shame she lost the landing edge, but she looked better than I thought she would look after being out for so long with injury.

Yes I thought Nugumanova's Loop combo was fine! It seems though that the tech panel always pick on Loop combos. And I can never understand why they are not worth more. They are SO much more difficult to do than Toe combos but that doesn't show in the protocols. I love a Loop combo though, and my favourite is probably Zagitova's Loop combo save at the Olympics.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
What happened to NastyaT? Idle too long?

Tarakanova had a terrible skate. It was not good at all. I honestly think it would have been better for her to not compete here (like Vasilieva). Next season is at stake, and you don't want to go out with a catastrophy performance.

Tyranid

Final Flight
Disgusting judging. Despite so many calls for others - Guliakova's and Gubanova's BOTH URed jumps in combination weren't called - while Tsibinova's UR was invented (falsely called). It seems, considering that RCF results contributes to RusFed financing next season - it was already decided who they want to support.
Can you please stop with this whole "disgusting judging" followed by FFKR "sekret planz" commentary? You did the same kind of posts after EC, smearing Kostornaia just because your favorite didn't win.

You remind me so much of Russianfan ( now banned): "Oh, Zagitova (or whoever else he was fanboying) didn't win! I better stink up the forums to vent my anger!"

Don't go down that path, Elucidus.

Orlov

Medalist
Can you please stop with this whole "disgusting judging" followed by FFKR "sekret planz" commentary? You did the same kind of posts after EC, smearing Kostornaia just because your favorite didn't win.

You remind me so much of Russianfan ( now banned): "Oh, Zagitova (or whoever else he was fanboying) didn't win! I better stink up the forums to vent my anger!"

Don't go down that path, Elucidus.

In fairness - and Gulyakova and Gubanova had not really good rotation of their jumps. They barely avoid calling UR (and personally, I probably would have called UR on Gubanova's 3T). It's little strange to see leaders with such jumps. But personally I react about this more philosophically than Elucidus :) - I myself am a fan only of Tarakanova, but she was no doubt unsuccessful today.

I assume that we will see problems with UR in both girls in the second half of their FP.

Tyranid

Final Flight
Agree. I'm not trying to excuse both Nastyas here, just pointing out Elucidus' style of posting.

Also, your Tarakanova is my Radionova, the "one and only" type. :). I myself distinguished Tarakonova from the others back in the 17-18 JGP with her speed, jump amplitude and raw energy. Too bad she couldn't break through.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Tarakanova had a terrible skate. It was not good at all. I honestly think it would have been better for her to not compete here (like Vasilieva). Next season is at stake, and you don't want to go out with a catastrophy performance.
she is in no position to skip events she is healthy for

In fairness - and Gulyakova and Gubanova had not really good rotation of their jumps. They barely avoid calling UR (and personally, I probably would have called UR on Gubanova's 3T). It's little strange to see leaders with such jumps. But personally I react about this more philosophically than Elucidus :) - I myself am a fan only of Tarakanova, but she was no doubt unsuccessful today.

I assume that we will see problems with UR in both girls in the second half of their FP.

Geez you are too hard on the Nastyas. they actually have a chance to not only medal in this event but also win the gold medal which puts a lot of pressure on them so you're not going to see perfect skating from them. When are one of these two going to win a gold medal again? In a Challenger in the fall? This is a great opportunity for both girls and they know it.

Amei

Record Breaker

I think terrible is a exaggerating it a bit, she's coming back from an injury that caused her to withdraw from 2 extremely important competitions - she had a fall on the first jump in her combination which meant she was forced to change her last jump to a combination which was a Loop, it would have been better had she changed the Loop to a flip and done the combination but muscle memory played a key probably but she fought to do a double toe afterwards. I can't remember any instances where I've seen a loop jump be the first jump in a combination if it wasn't a loop-loop combination. She showed some fight here, hopefully the FS goes better for her but I can't help but feel that even a lights out skate that her fate is pretty much sealed to struggle to ever get onto the GP series and with the talent level in Russia not competing on the GP might harm her ability to podium at Nationals without help from the top skaters having a lot of mistakes.

We know money is an issue with her, she's almost 16, she's not shown any reliable ultra-difficult element (triple axel/quad), she's a bit of coach hopper and I believe she's already 'flirted' with quitting the sport - I think it's been said that when she left Eteri, she was leaving the sport but then decided to come back. Given those factors would the Fed even put her on either the Senior or Junior National team when they can put money towards the skaters showing the ultra-difficult jumps and that are a bit more reliable than Tarakanova? I hate to be doom and gloom about her because I love to watch her skate

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
For the Russia Cup Final tomorrow I really hope that Gubanova wins. This girl needs a break. I don't think it will happen though. Guliakova most probably got this.

Scott512

Record Breaker

For the Russia Cup Final tomorrow I really hope that Gubanova wins. This girl needs a break. I don't think it will happen though. Guliakova most probably got this.

Nastya will have to do something special to pull this off. The Fed wants Gulyakova to win.

Why are you still up jontor? Isn't it like 4am in Europe? ;)