2021-22 Coaching Changes & Country/Category Switches | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Coaching Changes & Country/Category Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
A sensational statement from the FFKR leadership that Artur Dmitriev is switching to the US from Croatia :oops:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexander Kogan, wasn't the same guy who swore that selections to JGPF would be done by scores ;)

Still:
"Artur Dmitriev (junior) is not our athlete," Kogan said. "He has been a Croatian athlete since 2019. We have his application for a transfer, we have a request from Croatia with a request for a transfer, which was agreed by the Executive Committee (FFKKR) And since 2019, it does not belong to Russia. Therefore, all other comments should be given by the Croats, and not by us. "

The drama:drama:

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Did Ioulia Chtchetinina/Mark Magyar switch from Hungary to France? They had represented Hungary, but for Internationaux De France, they are representing France.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I believe Ioulia and Mark are still representing Hungary, but in the predictions it says they are representing France.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I think it's a mistake in the listings. Ioulia couldn't have switched again, just not possible (because the couple have already competed this year for Hungary) and the same applies to Mark (although I don't think he switched before).

Weathergal

Medalist
Did Ioulia Chtchetinina/Mark Magyar switch from Hungary to France? They had represented Hungary, but for Internationaux De France, they are representing France.

I believe Ioulia and Mark are still representing Hungary, but in the predictions it says they are representing France.

I think it's a mistake in the listings. Ioulia couldn't have switched again, just not possible (because the couple have already competed this year for Hungary) and the same applies to Mark (although I don't think he switched before).
Everything I can other than IdF listings has them skating for Hungary.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Is Mae even skating skill? I get so confused with so many people skating for different countries. There seem to be so many Reed (RIP Chris) but I am almost sure none of them skated for the US where they kind of lived or the most part. I lost track but they changed so many nations it seems. World airlines must love them and immigration lawyers. I guess the dream of going to the olympics is one which some people will do almost anything.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't normally go into this thread, because I'm not really interested in coaches. But when I saw all the sticky threads in bold there now, I decided to look at all of them. And it is a good job I did!

Anastasiya Galustyan (Armenian singles skater) has switched to ice dance, according to her latest Instagram post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZZJhRos21u/

She discusses her injury, having to withdraw from Worlds in 2021, and her decision to switch disciplines.

I have been a big fan of Nastya since that awe-inspiring week in 2015 when she competed in both the EYOF in Austria and the European Championships in Sweden, where the FS of the EYOF was the day before the SP in Europeans. And she did not disgrace herself. Hey, she won the SP at the EYOF with her second highest SP score of the season, and then had her second highest FS score of the season at Europeans!

Whilst I am sad that her Singles career is ending, and that it is ending because of a prevailing injury, I am delighted that she is able to continue her competitive career in Ice Dance.

Now I'm curious to find out who her partner will be.

I have been proud to be Nastya's adoptive father on GS during her Singles career, and look forward to continuing that role into her Ice Dance career.

All the best in this new chapter of your career, Nastya!

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
Hm.... Did he leave of his own accord, or was his Cup of Russia Final performance deemed inadequate?

Anyway, hoppe he finds new coaches soon.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Alena Kostornaia moved to Buianova

Last edited:

pearly

Record Breaker
Alena Kostornaia switched to Buianova
Staying with Tutberidze wouldn't help her internationally anymore anyway. I wonder if she was encouraged to leave or decided to do so herself. Either way, nothing left for her at Sambo anymore.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Buianova's first name is Elena? Can't remember, and I don't feel like wiki'ing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.