2023 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate

Seven Sisters

Medalist
This is clearly a pairs-loving crowd. They seem much louder now than they did at the earlier events.

Of course, there has just been a dinner break, and from personal experience, I can tell you that they sell alcohol along with the nachos at the concession stands

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Brooke MCINTOSH / Benjamin MIMAR 🇨🇦
S.O.S. d'un terrien en détresse performed by Ariane Moffatt, Cirque du Soleil, Jean-Phi Goncalves, The Firmament by Karl Hugo

3Tw2
3T (fall from Benjamin)
3S+REP (hand down from Benjamin, no combo)
5ALi4
3LzTh
ChSq1 +0.63
3Li4
3LoTh
5RLi3
BiDs3
PCoSp4

FS: 106.17 SB (3rd)
TOT: 166.00 SB (2nd)

I usually love this song, but this cover is not it. They managed to put up all three lifts today, which they did not at Finlandia, and the throws were very solid. Good on them for coming back after the rough opening. This team seems to be slowly finding their feet after transitioning out of juniors into seniors.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Some nice elements. I think they might drop below the first Canadian pair, though.

I'm going to go to sleep because I'm too tired to enjoy this like I normally would. Am crossing my fingers the stream won't get a copyright violation like the short programme did.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
A rough start to the skate, but they were able to turn it around - Good fight, Brooke and Ben! I am not a fan of the program though. It's very bland music, lacking in variety and highlights. I do really like their costumes though. Brooke looks great especially!

rain

Record Breaker
Ma/Mi looked off from the start of this program, but did get better as it went. Even the beginning choreography wasn't in synch. I expected this team to develop more quickly than they have so far. They've got great raw material. The throws were gorgeous. And her jumps were on. With a team with such great lines I'm even more bitter that all the women basically have to grab their feet and bend their legs in every lift.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is clearly a pairs-loving crowd. They seem much louder now than they did at the earlier events.

Of course, there has just been a dinner break, and from personal experience, I can tell you that they sell alcohol along with the nachos at the concession stands
It certainly seems like this crowd is there to cheer on Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps...

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Australians are gonna try a 3T-3T-2T?!? *breathes heavily*