2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 6 - Moscow | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 6 - Moscow

KhinSuShein

Rinkside
The senior women Russian Grand Prix become now like ISU competitions. I hope to see more in Russian Nat. Sofia MURAVYEVA tried 3A 3 times, she fell all 3 times, very disappointing : she has to train more for Russian Nat.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Yes, you're right. Good analysis. But shes also unparalleled in neuroticism judging from her interviewes. She cant even process the questions or talk from how nervous she is.
I think interviews are 10 times worse for her than any competition performance. For one, some of her past interviews (or even just short Q&As) have been used to paint her/Plushenko in a bit of a negative light, so that can't help an already nervous person give more relaxed interviews, and on the other hand, I don't think there's any PR training at all going on at AoP, like she literally has no idea how to talk to the press, none. Even in calm, staged "PR-interviews" she looks & sounds super nervous.

(Plushenko himself is the worst offender, which is funny, because you'd think his wife would be an expert on PR... Apparently not. 😂

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I was unsure, But it seems that Muravieva Zayak'd. Two 3A's, Two 3F's, Two 3Lzs.
Two 3As, two 3Lz & two 3Ts - She did two 3-3s instead of one as usual.

Should have actually done 3F+2A+2A instead of 3F+3T+2A, then she would have been fine. But like I said, most skaters a) don't know the rules and b) cannot make those calculations on the spot. It's the responsibility of their coaches to a) teach them contingency plans or b) teach them about the scoring system.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
What quote did Mura just give at the end of her interview? Anyone catch that? I couldnt make it out.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Protocols:
Valieva: 4Tq
Muravieva: 3Lz*
Yametova: 3Lz+3Tq
Sinitsyna: 3Lz+3T<, 3Lo<
Palagina: 3A<
Chaplygina: 3Tq, 3Lz!+2T, 2A+1Eu+3S<
Anisimova: 3Lze, second 3F+3T<, 3Lo*+2A+2T
Nelyubova: 3Lz+3Lo<<, 3F<

Anisimova lost about 3 points in her BV comparing to her previous one. If she skated the one from Krasnoyarsk, she wouldn't need Nelyubova's meltdown.

katymay

Medalist
The senior women Russian Grand Prix become now like ISU competitions. I hope to see more in Russian Nat. Sofia MURAVYEVA tried 3A 3 times, she fell all 3 times, very disappointing : she has to train more for Russian Nat.
Except the Russian girls skate with far more speed, and far more speed into the jumps-so even their triples are much better than the non Russians, with the exception of Kaori.