elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
bananarama-im-your-venus.gif

Skating91

Medalist
I also place my bet on Adelia for Nats but we never know. the problem with her is that she is irregular, she can give masterclasses and then totally fall apart.

She can fall apart and still win. She'll be 15 base value higher than Kamila in the free skate. There's no Akatieva, Muraviova rarely lands a clean 3A, no Tuktamysheva. Kamila if she has better conditioning and the 4T is stable she can go for two of the them I suppose.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Two 3As, two 3Lz & two 3Ts - She did two 3-3s instead of one as usual.

Should have actually done 3F+2A+2A instead of 3F+3T+2A, then she would have been fine. But like I said, most skaters a) don't know the rules and b) cannot make those calculations on the spot. It's the responsibility of their coaches to a) teach them contingency plans or b) teach them about the scoring system.
Not everyone is human calculator Hanyu.
But seriously, coaches should train their skaters on that. I'm surprised to see so many skaters not applying a plan B.

Skating91

Medalist
the interesting thing will be if zhilina is back in form and skated somewhat cleanly, her BV is definitely higher

She was coming off an injury at test skates, now this arm injury. I think it will be a long time before she recovers her former content and never has stability. She'll be very nervous about taking a hard fall and damaging it again.