2015 U.S. Figure Skating Classic - SLC Ice Dance-SD and FD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. Figure Skating Classic - SLC Ice Dance-SD and FD

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure that you can't hear clapping because of lack of people. It seems to me like the audio feed cuts off directly after the music and comes back up for the in-between music and announcements. For example, after announcing a skater's name, it seems to cut to complete quiet until the music starts. I don't think we're actually hearing the background ambient noise from the rink.

Oh is that what's happening? I wondered why the weird and unnatural silence between programs and scores. That would make sense. And Layback, I totally agree, especially considering the original technical maturity gap between them! Very good program for them. Looking forward to seeing it grow over the season.

slider11

Medalist
Lots of potential with US Danielle and Daniel but her youth and lack of experience shows. She totally missed her twizzles and had several other hesitations. But she strikes a beautiful persona on the ice and really hides her mistakes with her beautiful smile. And Daniel was a good partner supporting her afterwards. That Lithuania guy could learn a lesson.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
I really don't care for Bridge Over Troubled Water, but that was good... worried P/O are really going to get typecast with the sentimental/schmaltzy music, though. (That could go for the Danes, too...)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Elisabeth Paradis/Francois-Xavier Ouellette, Canada

Score: FD 85.32, total 136.90
Place so far: 1st

Music: Bridge Over Troubled Water

Costumes: He wore black pants and a grey ombre shirt. She wore a grey dress with an open back, slits in the skirt, and side cutouts.

An elegant, lyrical program that suited their strengths well. I was expecting a lot because I loved their last FD, and this was pretty darn good. Bonus points because it was set to a piece of music I'd never think would work for an ice dance program but actually did-and worked well. Pretty pleased with that one.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I don't know what the music was, but I was getting 'Vampyre' type vibes. Finished behind the music. I like the costumes, but wish there was a little something to break up the black other than the gray ombre.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue, USA

Score: FD 92.54, Total 153.62
Place so far: 1st

Music: Adagio for Tron

Costumes: he wore black pants and a drapey dark grey shirt. She wore a black dress with a plunging V neck and her "moth wings" from the last competition.

I'm honestly not sure what I thought of this program. Sure, it had its moments, but of all the programs I've seen so far, besides maybe the Australian team's, this did the least for me. I could tell they were into it, but I wasn't, and I'm not sure if this was the general audience reaction, but I was underwhelmed. I feel like it could be better than it is. :disapp: I was expecting more...but oh well.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Whoa, what just happened? Why did Maxim just skate over to the wall and stop their music?

slider11

Medalist
Another year of campy music for Madison and Zach. I dunnno....little dark for me and kinda russian-esque 80s with the flowy arms costume that Madison has. Just not feeling it. They certainly have beautiful moments but their were glitches. They always seem to be in that 90's range with a good but not great score.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Poor Ukrainian couple had the music start before they were in position and had to skate over to tell them to stop. Blue-gray ombre chiffon dress with full sleeve on left and sleeveless on right, backless. So pretty. Him in gray drapey shirt.

I really like their sit spin position where they're mirror images of each other.

sses1

On the Ice
H/D are leaving the door open for H/B with that atrocious FD. Daftpunk and ID do not go together.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know, I actually liked that program. And I love/hate the moth arms but mostly love. It's different, and it's nice to see different, and besides, Tron music is great. :D

Layback11

Record Breaker
Alexandra Nazarova/Maxim Nikitin, Ukraine

Score: FD 73.78, Total 122.18
Place so far: 3rd

Music: Fantasia #3

Costumes: He wore a loose grey shirt and black pants. She wore a greyish blue dress with an ombre hem and only one sleeve. Her hair was in a bun with a twist into it.

A good program with excellent lifts, but not really anything special. I liked their dance spin lifty thing with him in a sit spin with her balancing on his leg. I really do not know how they did that, but it was cool. :yes: