2015 U.S. Figure Skating Classic - SLC Ice Dance-SD and FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. Figure Skating Classic - SLC Ice Dance-SD and FD

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't decide if I love this dress or hate this dress. I think it's just a bit too many stripes tbh.

Layback11

Record Breaker
That announcer's pronunciation of that name was like, "um, did a cat walk over the keyboard or something?"

:laugh2:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Emily Pike/Patrick Adderly, Australia

Big Spender/Fever/a pop song

She wore a darkish mauve dress with a high waist and spaghetti straps. He wore black pants, a grey shirt and suspenders. They were okay but not really a standout. The highlight of the program was a lift with him in a back shoot-the-duck and her parallel to the ice with her legs around his waist.

FS Score 49.74, total 79.02
3rd place

Layback11

Record Breaker
Delmaestro/Lum Canada

A Bollywood medley

Brianna's costume looked like a sari and was coral and magenta. She had a crown-type hair piece in her hair (low bun). Timothy's costume was a white tunic and pants with gold accents.

Good twizzles, pretty fast, and very in character. Some really good lifts. I appreciated that everything was placed right on the music. It's the small details that make a program, and they left none unattended. :thumbsup: Me likey. :yes:

Also, for WeakAnkles: there was no International Hand Gesture That This is A Bollywood Program! :laugh2:

Score: 66.00, 111.46
Place: 1st

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know, I was noticing that earlier! How sad. :( Btw, am I the only person whose heart skipped a beat during that weird throw upside down descent from the lift thing they did mid program? Waaaay too much potential for that to go wrong imo.

charmblade

Final Flight
I'm not sure that you can't hear clapping because of lack of people. It seems to me like the audio feed cuts off directly after the music and comes back up for the in-between music and announcements. For example, after announcing a skater's name, it seems to cut to complete quiet until the music starts. I don't think we're actually hearing the background ambient noise from the rink.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Danielle Thomas/Daniel Eaton, USA

Score: 69.40, 120.62
Place: 1st

Music: no idea, sounded kind of folk-y

She wore a white dress with a red faux corset and a flower crown in her hair. He wore high-waisted black pants with a green "cummerbund" and a white blousy shirt with flowers.

I LOVE this program and I'm frankly shocked that the Double Danis are such a new team! They already skate together very naturally, and this program was exquisite. It was so interesting and creatively choreographed that it played down any new-team flaws they might've had. Call me VERY impressed!