2016 NHK Trophy Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Short Dance

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC

Marie's dress looks like a black Irish step dance dress with white gussets in the skirt :love:. He's in black with a white tie and suspenders. Just assume all the dancers are in b/w unless I say otherwise. MJ program. Cute, but a little unpolished. Love their last lift

58.21 1/1

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gabi had a big stumble in the middle of the no-touch step -- wonder if that will cost them much.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Did Gabriella slip in that that step sequence in front of the judges? my stream froze

edit: yupp she did

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
Gabriella's hair bow on the back of her head was distracting me; it looked like she was grabbing on to it a few times too, my eyes fooling me??

I love how their expressions are not too "on" like some of the other couples can be. Just right amount I think.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Was it just me or was that whole final no-touch sequence a little sloppy, even before (and after) the highly visible slip Gabi had?

valerieally

On the Ice
That was a snooze. I think Papadakis stumbled in some of the steps. This is where Virtue/Moir have a chance of sneaking in.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So 43 is the maximum tes score in the SD this year, right? I liked that. I think this young french team have a promising future.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I'm not a fan of this program for Guillaume and Gabby. It just doesn't seem to fit their 'natural' style.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Papadakis / Cizeron: Minor blip out of the third set of twizzles, but overall still well done. Very minor lack of unison in leg lines and in the non-touching step sequence. I love the authenticity of the lindy hop-inspired second half, which is better in my view than the first jazz-blues half that feels a bit casual.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
twizzles were not shibs quality either... a bit messy here... what bugs me the most in this SD is that lines and angles are not matched between them... sometimes it's flawless of course.. but when it isn't it's very obvious.
Gabi had a big stumble in the middle of the no-touch step -- wonder if that will cost them much.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON

Is this a Great Gatsby program? Because Gabby's dress is giving me 20s era vibes with the headband and loose bodice. GREAT Charleston step sequence choreo. Lots of fun :party2:

Love the camera zoom on Guillaume's booty :laugh:

75.60 1/2