Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
skylark, please stay on topic ! we are talking about squirrels now :laugh2:

hehehe, i am just kidding :devil:

happy birthday joseph ;) :hb:

for all of those wondering about jo and school : i did share his graduation picture. I didn't think back then that the time of his birth would explain it all.

In Quebec, kids need to be 5 years old to start kindergarten... so 6 for 1st grade. They start high school at 12 and by the end of the 5th year of high school, they are 17.

Joseph was only 16 when he finished... because he is one of these kids with a birthday in July, August --- which means that he was very young when he started school, having just turned 5 in time for kindergarten.

Again about Joseph : well he is already back in Montreal since he was with Marjorie reenacting a VM lift instastories.

Is he planning to move to TCC permanently, at this point , it's as much speculation as if ever Boyang will ever show up to TCC,... so let's just wait and see ;)

Haleth

On the Ice
Lots of adventures recently! Evgenia has apparently joined the Drake and Toronto waterfront fanclubs. ;) Looked like she spent some time near the Jack Layton ferry terminal, where she chased a seagull (perhaps in honour of her dog back home?) and filmed another Canadian goose. Some delicious looking cooking going on as well. Best of all imo were the car karaoke moments she and Jason "shared" with Moldavan skater Lilian Binzari, and whoever was driving.

Lilian: "SEND HELP"

:laugh:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Drake, eh? Has Evgenia done the Kiki in my feelings challenge yet? :laugh: I’d love that, same goes for Jason too. Yeah yeah, it’s another silly trend, and I’m a very serious person who hates silly things, as you all know. :unsure: :rofl:

Every time I see posts of of BOrser’s new skaters visiting all these Ontario landmarks that are so close to me, I die a little on the inside. :( I’d likely also die if I ran into them randomly at one of those places. So... close...!

One day last week, there was a young man walking down the sidewalk on a busy road in Hamilton who had a long ponytail. I was in the car at a stoplight; Yuzudaughter was in the backseat, saw him and cried out: “OMG, is that Jason Brown?!?” Unfortunately, it was not. :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw poor Yuzudaughter!

I think Gabby did the Kiki challenge a few weeks ago! Let me find it...

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you so much! I will give it a try, can't hurt to ask. It looks like there are a lot of great sites to see in Toronto regardless so I am still very excited to visit

I know a mom and daughter from my daughter’s skating club who went to Scarboro Ice Galaxy and saw Piper and Paul training on ice with Carol and Juris (their coaches). I’m not sure if that was a one time thing and they just got lucky, but they were able to watch for a little while. :)

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Rumor has it we should be getting an announcement about TCC Media day soon. Perhaps within the next two weeks!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Rumor has it we should be getting an announcement about TCC Media day soon. Perhaps within the next two weeks!

Wait, are we getting an announcement about media day in the next two weeks or is the media day likely to be in the next two weeks? Because one implies more waiting than the other. :biggrin:

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Wait, are we getting an announcement about media day in the next two weeks or is the media day likely to be in the next two weeks? Because one implies more waiting than the other. :biggrin:

The announcement should be within two weeks, but media day could be in that time frame as well. Hanyu likes to surprise us. I think last years was around August 9th/10th? I don’t really remember actually…

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The announcement should be within two weeks, but media day could be in that time frame as well. Hanyu likes to surprise us. I think last years was around August 9th/10th? I don’t really remember actually…

Does anyone else feel rather like a small child in the back seat of a car on a loooong trip... "are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Yuzuru, are we there yet?"

leoleo

Medalist
Yuzuru is seriously so damn extra! i'm sure he enjoys making us suffer and die in anticipation :drama:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

Nah, don't believe everything you read, that's not how things work. There are no 'rumors' about this.

It's very simple. Yuzuru has traditionally done media day around this time of August, so this particular week (it was August 8th last season).
He has postponed it once, when he was injured; he is also coming back from injury this time around but his rehabilitation went better so that may or may not influence it. He's also back home at the end of August, so considering media day is primarily his thing with the Japanese press, it may wait until then, as in some ways it may be simpler.

Considering what time it is in Japan, it's any time from Thursday onward.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone else feel rather like a small child in the back seat of a car on a loooong trip... "are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Yuzuru, are we there yet?"

*snorts with laughter* I gave birth to that child nearly a decade ago. :rofl: The real life personification of how we’re all feeling, she actually exists.

shyne

Final Flight
Nah, don't believe everything you read, that's not how things work. There are no 'rumors' about this.

It's very simple. Yuzuru has traditionally done media day around this time of August, so this particular week (it was August 8th last season).
He has postponed it once, when he was injured; he is also coming back from injury this time around but his rehabilitation went better so that may or may not influence it. He's also back home at the end of August, so considering media day is primarily his thing with the Japanese press, it may wait until then, as in some ways it may be simpler.

Considering what time it is in Japan, it's any time from Thursday onward.

Not sure he will be in Japan at the end of August.
24H is pre-recorded and will be aired the end of this month.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Drake, eh? Has Evgenia done the Kiki in my feelings challenge yet? :laugh: I’d love that, same goes for Jason too. Yeah yeah, it’s another silly trend, and I’m a very serious person who hates silly things, as you all know. :unsure: :rofl:

Every time I see posts of of BOrser’s new skaters visiting all these Ontario landmarks that are so close to me, I die a little on the inside. :( I’d likely also die if I ran into them randomly at one of those places. So... close...!

One day last week, there was a young man walking down the sidewalk on a busy road in Hamilton who had a long ponytail. I was in the car at a stoplight; Yuzudaughter was in the backseat, saw him and cried out: “OMG, is that Jason Brown?!?” Unfortunately, it was not. :laugh:

That one where they jump out of cars? I sure hope Zhenya and Jason don't do that.
Side note: You are educating your daughter properly :biggrin: