2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 730 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
First of all, using national competitions is debatable.

Then, Tarusina retired (injury related, which fed likely knew ahead of us)
Vasilieva stayed in juniors (makes sense not giving her senior GPs and not throwing her under the 3A bus while possible).
Gubanova was kicked from CSKA by Buianova, of course she is not getting senior GPs after that.
Nastya was denied a Grand Prix event before she left cska and before her former petulant coach went public that she was expelled. Has Buyanova been expelled yet for ruining her part of cska? ;) She has lived off Adelina far too long.

I hope whenever she will retire, she will do it because she wants to rather than pushed by the federation or the media.

Because all the biggest talents now are always the youngest, there is always this push from the media and public consensus to make any skater older than 17-18 look too old for this sport, and i think this is so wrong.

Even after she retires from competitive figure skating, i hope she will do shows and eventually start to choreograph programs or work on theaters, i miss her performances and personality, i don't like how the newcomers, despite how talented, they all share a very similar packaging with little changes.
I too hope the Federation won't make the decision for her. You made some really good points. Leonova is unique and different from her much younger compatriots.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Aliona did a beautiful 3A3T in practice today! I captured it on the livestream here:

https://twitter.com/skateskates1/status/1197379197859246080?s=21

No sound unfortunately

I don't recall seeing 3A+3T in her planned content, but I suppose it's never accurate anyway and Eteri pupils love to add a little extra in training even if they don't compete it. I'm sure she knows Rika can be a formidable opponent, so it's nice to see Alyona up the ante as well.

Her 3A's look so secure and don't make me panic as much as when I see other skaters jump the 3A! So pleasing to watch her jump it so effortlessly. Best of luck to Alyona during the actual competition. :pray:

colormyworld240

Medalist
Aliona did a beautiful 3A3T in practice today! I captured it on the livestream here:

No sound unfortunately

I think there isn't a point for her to do 3A-3T instead of 3A-2T? She doesn't have a loop combo so she has to do the -2T anyway, and it's easier to put it on the more difficult jump (3A) and put the -3T on an easier jump (3F or 3Lz). And then she can get a higher BV with the -3T in the second half. Same case for Valieva and her 4T. That's why Anna and Sasha have such a BV advantage because being able to do a -3Lo combo allows for a more difficult layout.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I’m glad Eteri is there with the girls, they generally skate better when she’s with them.

Scott512

Record Breaker
First of all, using national competitions is debatable.

Then, Tarusina retired (injury related, which fed likely knew ahead of us)
Vasilieva stayed in juniors (makes sense not giving her senior GPs and not throwing her under the 3A bus while possible).
Gubanova was kicked from CSKA by Buianova, of course she is not getting senior GPs after that.

No sound unfortunately

You're in the arena? Thank you SS

Alyiona made that triple axel look as smooth as butter. :)

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
I'm not sure what you're talkin about.

I can not compare Alena with anyone. She's the only one. The best jumps. +5 for everything. My opinion. Everyone else smokes in the garden. They know that they will never be able to. For me, she is better than Sasha. I have never seen anyone better.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I can not compare Alena with anyone. She's the only one. The best jumps. +5 for everything. My opinion. Everyone else smokes in the garden. They know that they will never be able to. For me, she is better than Sasha. I have never seen anyone better.

Thank you for sharing. It is clear you love Alena's skating. She certainly appears to be a marvel. It will be very interesting to see how she does this year and if she makes the Russian team. I also am curious to see if she survives puberty and how that effects her skating.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
Thank you for sharing. It is clear you love Alena's skating. She certainly appears to be a marvel. It will be very interesting to see how she does this year and if she makes the Russian team. I also am curious to see if she survives puberty and how that effects her skating.

I was lucky to see Alena in Novogrosk. coached 3A. Puberty is in full swing. Jumping above the side. My opinion is that she is the future world champion.

SkateSkates

Medalist
You're in the arena? Thank you SS

Alyiona made that triple axel look as smooth as butter. :)

No unfortunately I am not there but I did happen to tune into the live stream of practices for the last 15-20 mins or so. I missed all the run throughs. Luckily for me, the camera was mostly focused on Aliona. Saw her land 4 3A combos (3 3A2T and 1 with 3T) and fall on 1 3A. Also landed a few other triples and combos and practiced her spins.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I was lucky to see Alena in Novogrosk. coached 3A. Puberty is in full swing. Jumping above the side. My opinion is that she is the future world champion.

I am very jealous you saw her in training this summer! And I agree with your feelings on Aliona. She has something special you can’t describe. She is unique - one might say, a unicorn 🦄 😂

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
I am very jealous you saw her in training this summer! And I agree with your feelings on Aliona. She has something special you can’t describe. She is unique - one might say, a unicorn �� ��

It’s a pity that I’m not a spokesperson for Cristal. It's hard to be silent. There will be surprises.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Someone comparing Rika and Alena? Rika is the highest level. Alena is a shot in the heart.
Rika is the highest level? You mean like at worlds and Japanese Nationals last year?;) It will be interesting seeing her as good as she is go up against Alena and Alina. Rika has never faced two skaters in one competition like these girls. . And then in GPF she gets all of 4A to deal with. Lol. She will have to be at her highest level then.

Scott512

Record Breaker
No unfortunately I am not there but I did happen to tune into the live stream of practices for the last 15-20 mins or so. I missed all the run throughs. Luckily for me, the camera was mostly focused on Aliona. Saw her land 4 3A combos (3 3A2T and 1 with 3T) and fall on 1 3A. Also landed a few other triples and combos and practiced her spins.
Thanks anyway it was a great video to see.