2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 729 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

rollerblade

Record Breaker
What it reslly shows is that the division of the Program Component Score into 5 categories generally produces no effect on the outcome. You would get the same result if the judges just gave out one "second mark" based on the overall impact of the program.

Yep, it's the PCS Corridor.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I think the reason that TR is almost always the lowest no matter what the skaters actually do, is that TR is the easiest to quantitfy. She did 2 chases and a Mohawk. This gives the judges more confidence that they know what they are doing, so they are not afraid to give lower scores.

Actually, a lot of criterias are easy to quantify, or objectify at least. Speed, steps and turns, one foot skating and multidirectional skating in SS, variety of movements and involvement/projection in PE, pattern/ice coverage and use of space in CO, timing in IN... And some of them are connected with one another, so the scores of the components are more/less similar because of it. Not to say that skaters are training to achieve all the criterias equally in their trainings... TR score is more suffering because of the interuptions in the programme (when nothing is happening except the preparation of an element), but all the components are suffering from that same stuff too because all of them are made of percentage of how frequently skaters are achieving them during the programme...

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
We're about to learn whether they have brains or not!
I think rusfed has been pretty smart in general, I mean they are better at their job than most other federations.
I would really want Aliona to be able to go senior next season, along with Ksenia and hopefully Nastia.

I wonder how RusFed are thinking though. Sometimes it is hard to understand.

Average scores last season including national competitions:

Anna Tarusina 200.34 (8 competitions incl three that was Junior without ChSq)
Anastasia Gubanova 199.18 (6 competitions)
Viktoria Vasilieva 196.31 (7 competitons incl three that was Junior without ChSq)
Stanislava Konstantinova 196.20 (8 competitions)
Serafima Sakhanovich 181.70 (6 competitions)
Maria Sotskova 176.88 (5 competitions)

I guess we know who got the GP spots and the Challenger assignments...the bottom three. I suppose there is some logic in here but I can't find it.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Here is the start list for COR stage 5:
https://www.sportvokrug.ru/competitions/6066//participants/

Alena Kanysheva :)pray: :pray:), Samodelkina, and Kromykh in juniors, and Tarakanova, Vasilieva, and Frolova in seniors. Samodelina will be looking for a win to have a chance at junior nationals (she really should be there being the leading 2007 girl going into the JGP next year), and it will be interesting to see whether Kromykh puts the quad in yet. Considering they've already put a quad in Zhilina's routine, I'd guess they're going to put one in Maia's if she's relatively consistent. Tarakanova just needs to do alright to qualify to senior nats, and same with Frolova I think (I don't remember how she did at the last one).

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

Alena Kanysheva :)pray: :pray:), Samodelkina, and Kromykh in juniors, and Tarakanova, Vasilieva, and Frolova in seniors. Samodelina will be looking for a win to have a chance at junior nationals (she really should be there being the leading 2007 girl going into the JGP next year), and it will be interesting to see whether Kromykh puts the quad in yet. Considering they've already put a quad in Zhilina's routine, I'd guess they're going to put one in Maia's if she's relatively consistent. Tarakanova just needs to do alright to qualify to senior nats, and same with Frolova I think (I don't remember how she did at the last one).

Both Tarakanova and Frolova came 2nd at their previous events so they should just go through here. But it can't be the whole seniors list. There is only 5 skaters in there.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Viktoria Vasilieva 196.31 (7 competitons incl three that was Junior without ChSq)

I guess we know who got the GP spots and the Challenger assignments...the bottom three. I suppose there is some logic in here but I can't find it.

Thank you for this information. The numbers say it all. You can't find logic because it's not there.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Rusfed goes by the rules only when it suits them and they don't when it doesnt. Thank you for these amazing numbers.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Seems like we haven't Leonova in nationals ��
She doesn't compete in any qualifying event

I wonder why. In that interview a few weeks back she was talking about never quitting FS. I hope she is not injured?
This would be the first RusNats in 14 years with no Leonova. She will be missed.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Seems like we haven't Leonova in nationals 😭
She doesn't compete in any qualifying event

I think she sees the handwriting on the wall. I hope she still continues in some way and then does shows and things like that. But when 16 and 17 year old Russian girls who are really good are retiring every year then you have to tip your hat to this young lady Leonova who made it to 27 years old competitively with the crazy competition that exist with the Russian ladies.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I'm glad she feels that's the best music for her to skate to. And i'm sure she is the most emotionally invested in Memoires of a Geisha. However, i much prefer design of some others programmes, as her Olympic free done by Averbukh, which they abolished in favour of Anna Karenina (!?), i thought that was a masterpiece, as her short (also done by Averbukh i think) inspired by Eteri's daughter Diana Davis... one of the best programmes i've ever seen btw. But i must say these ones are still good, i would just prefer more original/unconvencional themes for here to skate to because she is able to project/create a mood quite easily while she's skating and she can skate to any themes i think..

Zhenya skated an Averbukh program inspired by Diana Davis? I had no idea. Which program was this? And in what sense was it inspired by Di?

DougDorsey

On the Ice

I'm hearing Kanysheva is not skating. See...https://d.pr/i/BSSftL. Are you sure?

moriel

Record Breaker

First of all, using national competitions is debatable.

Then, Tarusina retired (injury related, which fed likely knew ahead of us)
Vasilieva stayed in juniors (makes sense not giving her senior GPs and not throwing her under the 3A bus while possible).
Gubanova was kicked from CSKA by Buianova, of course she is not getting senior GPs after that.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I think she sees the handwriting on the wall. I hope she still continues in some way and then does shows and things like that. But when 16 and 17 year old Russian girls who are really good are retiring every year then you have to tip your hat to this young lady Leonova who made it to 27 years old competitively with the crazy competition that exist with the Russian ladies.

I hope whenever she will retire, she will do it because she wants to rather than pushed by the federation or the media.

Because all the biggest talents now are always the youngest, there is always this push from the media and public consensus to make any skater older than 17-18 look too old for this sport, and i think this is so wrong.

Even after she retires from competitive figure skating, i hope she will do shows and eventually start to choreograph programs or work on theaters, i miss her performances and personality, i don't like how the newcomers, despite how talented, they all share a very similar packaging with little changes.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
First of all, using national competitions is debatable.

Then, Tarusina retired (injury related, which fed likely knew ahead of us)
Vasilieva stayed in juniors (makes sense not giving her senior GPs and not throwing her under the 3A bus while possible).
Gubanova was kicked from CSKA by Buianova, of course she is not getting senior GPs after that.

So her career is ruined because of Buyanova? I hope it doesn't work this way.

SPB Fed needs to show more their muscles and protect their top skaters, i know it's hard cause Moscow always has such an unfair advantage on everything.