2014 NHK Trophy Pairs Short Program 11/28 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Pairs Short Program 11/28

GF2445

Record Breaker
Love the classic 3Lz in the corner. Looks like you are backing your car out of the driveway

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Music: Un peu plus haut by Ginette Reno

She's in lavender, he's in all black

3Tw
3Lz
3LzTh
FCCoSp3p
3Li
StSq
FiDs

Strong clean skate, will definitely take the lead

SP: 39.02+33.68 = 72.70, 1st (out of 7)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes, and Sinead Kerr for ice dance commentary while we are wishing:) More Scots please:biggrin: I miss Outlander:eek::

Hey, don't forget: Sinead's Mum is Irish! :biggrin:

I vaguely remember Sinead doing commentary on Eurosport when she was out injured a few years ago. And she was absolutely brilliant!

So, I would love to see her as a regular member of the Eurosport team. Bring a female perspective to things.

But, I suppose it is a bit awkward with her living in America. There again, Chris lives in America...

CaroLiza_fan

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
"She does talk a lot, she doesn't stop talking" what an ironic comment from this commentator :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How ironic - Joanne commenting about Megan talking a lot! :laugh:

I wonder if that was a disguised point being made towards us...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Scovies

Final Flight
D/R's technical content is insane. I feel like the vocals are overpowering, but great skate.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Hope Meagan and Eric will make my jaws dropped again with their superb 3Lz which is the best in the world.
I am sure Yuko and Sasha is going to get big 'welcome back!' and huge love from Japanese fans!
Mari has a Japanese origin IIRC. Hope this couple also gets some recognision here. :yes:

Good luck to Naru/Ryu! Good luck also to US's Simon and Russia's Vera, who are to skate with a new partner this season. Looking forward to seeing how their skating look on the ice differently for the better.
Especially after seeing Simon's partner's name, I feel 'obliged' myself to cheer for Leng/Shnapir I guess? ;)

And they did :jaw: Amazing skating again :bow: Hope you are there to see it,,, 72.70

:laugh:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Way to go Megan and Eric! I'm really enjoying them this year.

elee63

Final Flight
Isn't it amazing to see such syncro on the spins for pairs with such difference in length in limbs? The lines stay parallel, and the speed is great, makes you wonder how much time and effort was put in practicing them over and over

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes, and Sinead Kerr for ice dance commentary while we are wishing:) More Scots please:biggrin: I miss Outlander:eek::

I tweeted at ESP asking about Hanretty. I really enjoyed his commentary and his accent :biggrin:

We just started watching Outlander, it's great!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Regardless of my personal feelings about Duhamel/Radford, there's no denying their insane technical content. Definitely deserved to go in first. Kavaguti/Smirnov will really have to fight back in the free. (I hope they do!)