2014 NHK Trophy Pairs Short Program 11/28 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Pairs Short Program 11/28

auser

Record Breaker
Hey, don't forget: Sinead's Mum is Irish! :biggrin:

I vaguely remember Sinead doing commentary on Eurosport when she was out injured a few years ago. And she was absolutely brilliant!

So, I would love to see her as a regular member of the Eurosport team. Bring a female perspective to things.

But, I suppose it is a bit awkward with her living in America. There again, Chris lives in America...

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you CaroLiza_fan I did not know this. Sinead provided commentary for Universal Sports(USA) Skate Canada TV broadcast last month. She was wicked brilliant!:agree:

Last edited:

elee63

Final Flight
I tweeted at ESP asking about Hanretty. I really enjoyed his commentary and his accent :biggrin:

We just started watching Outlander, it's great!

Read the first book in the series (great read), not watching the series, scared to ruin the image of them in my head. Yes, I am a coward

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
At least there will be a fight for bronze between Yu/Jin and Bazarova/Deputat - both around 60 points.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I liked Bazarova/Deputat a lot!! Especially Andrei :love: He is such a nice partner for Vera.

viennaskater

Medalist
No, that was Sue Barker (former tennis player).

Joanne has done commentary with Eurosport on and off over the years.

She was on Eurosport around 4 times last season. And it was very noticeable that each time she was on, she talked more. The first time she didn't talk much (probably nervous, as it had been a long time since she last commentated). The 2nd time, she got the balance right. But after that, she couldn't shut up. And it was really annoying, because you couldn't hear the music at all!

Suffice to say, she tends to be somebody who really divides opinions on here!

CaroLiza_fan

Yes. I feel quite embarrassed because she is British, like me, but she has little idea of how to commentate properly, even if she IS a former skater. The other guys manage to get it right, but she ends up either stating the obvious or being over-critical. Get her off!

emdee

Final Flight
Well deserved marks for DR. Class of the field. I used to love KS....what happened here?

Boo67

Rinkside
Haha, Meagan DOES talk a lot, but she's so interesting and knowledgable. Maybe she could teach this commentator a thing or two !

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Duhamel & Radford - Deserve to be in the lead. No question about them being the best on the SP.
Kavaguti & Smirnov - I love this program even though this music always reminds me of Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze. Don't understand why they got only 7.86 in interpretation while at Skate America they got 8.29. It wouldn't change the final result but still.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Here's one vote for the Chinese. Bazarova's jumps and edges will be their downfall

B/D seem like a nice couple, but they lack of the musicality that Y/J have so naturally. That's +2 for a vote, if not for GOE. ;)

anyanka

Record Breaker
The Skating Lesson referred to the Canadians as "Jillian Michaels and Eric Radford". I couldn't stop laughing. :laugh:

Seriously though: well done Meghan and Eric!

Alba

Record Breaker
Maybe we need Mark Henretty (Commentated on Brit Eurosport during CoC) again.

I didn't like him either. :disapp:

Who's Joanne? Is the same woman who commentated TEB last year? I think she was good there.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
I think Joanne is doing a general good job commentating. She's very knowledgeable & not PC - she points out errors and flaws in skates so that viewers less knowledgeable will know why there were deductions/downgrades. Nicky is ancient isn't he? And when he & Simon commentate they get skaters' names, countries mixed up and altho' they generally say positive things about skaters, half the time they don't know what they're talking about. At least Joanne knows who's who. :biggrin: Stephen Cousins is also great but hasn't been on for a while.