2015-16 JGPF Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Free Dance

tulosai

Record Breaker
So happy for M/C! But they don't seem very happy about winning in the kiss and cry... was there a mistake during their program or something?

No the program was clean. Honestly I think they just wanted or expected a bigger score.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The vocal is still from Beyoncé ;), it is just pitched down a lot, some more effects added.

Ah! I didn't realise.

That would explain why I liked this recording, then! ;) :biggrin:

Still think it strange that I hadn't come across it before I first saw Bettina and Yuri skating to it at whatever their first assignment was. But if it is from "50 Shades of Grey", then that would explain why... ;) :p

CaroLiza_fan

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
And McNamara/Carpenter finally have a JGPF gold!

I know they can technically do Juniors next year since they'll only be 17/20 (wow, it feels like they've been around so long that they'd be older than that) but now I really want to see what they can do in Seniors.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, that was one of the most somber winning K&Cs I've ever seen. They looked disappointed with their scores.

Feeling gutted for the Parsons, but as was said upthread better here than at JR Worlds.

And on the bright side, the Parsons medaled.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And McNamara/Carpenter finally have a JGPF gold!

I know they can technically do Juniors next year since they'll only be 17/20 (wow, it feels like they've been around so long that they'd be older than that) but now I really want to see what they can do in Seniors.

I totally think they're ready. Like they have the skill level.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I agree, I think they were shooting for a new PB and were disappointed they didn't get it. The judging panel was not overly generous, did anyone get a SB score here?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think not. But I'm happy no one did, actually. The scores carried during junior GP this year were very inflated - especially for all the top 7-8 teams.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Especially after 6 seasons in Juniors domestically and 4 internationally, combined with the success level!

If they go seniors next year and get a SA host pick, I'm totally going. Like I want to see them skate live. As well as the Parsons! They're amazing as well. Sad they didn't have a clean skate, but we know they're WAY better than that. And no one is clean 100% of the time.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Thrilled for McN/C! This puts them as the favorites for the JWC title and I'm sure that was one of their goals this season, so yay. :cheer:

Laurelise

On the Ice
Protocols are up. Parsons got level 2 on the twizzles and both step sequences. Other teams got 2 on the steps, but everyone else got level 4 on the twizzles. They also had some negative GOE thrown in there.

I wonder if the judges are (intentionally or not) keeping the scores a bit low to make sure the juniors don't outshine any of the seniors. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest score M/C got for that FD on the JGP, which might explain why they looked so unimpressed by their win.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Can we petition the ISU to NEVER use this camera/directing team again? They don't have a clue about filming skating as they go for an artsy shot instead of showing edges or complete twizzle sets. GRRRR Ted Barton we need you!!!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can we petition the ISU to NEVER use this camera/directing team again? They don't have a clue about filming skating as they go for an artsy shot instead of showing edges or complete twizzle sets. GRRRR Ted Barton we need you!!!

JGP isn't the same without Ted Barton!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just looking at the numbers, the closest any team today came to their PB was just about 5 points under. Huh.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA 158.26 1 1 video
2 Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD RUS 150.86 3 2 video
3 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA 144.41 2 5 video
4 Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO RUS 143.96 4 4 video
5 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 141.44 5 3 video
6 Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN RUS 134.61 6 6 video

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Tough panel. But you know, tough love can be motivating. Let's hope it spurs all these teams on for Worlds.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
1 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA 158.26 1 1 video
2 Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD RUS 150.86 3 2 video
3 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA 144.41 2 5 video
4 Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO RUS 143.96 4 4 video
5 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 141.44 5 3 video
6 Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN RUS 134.61 6 6 video

My, that was quick! Thank you. My stream went down more than the Titanic!

Giselle

Medalist
I wonder if the judges are (intentionally or not) keeping the scores a bit low to make sure the juniors don't outshine any of the seniors. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest score M/C got for that FD on the JGP, which might explain why they looked so unimpressed by their win.

I think the scores are right here and were inflated during the JGP series.
IMHO M/C are more at Hawayek/Baker's level than the top 3 US dance teams.

estla

Rinkside
Watching playback now, just can't resist Drozd's curly hair. It makes a weirdo/artist thing on him, along with that costume.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I agree with this to a certain extent, I think Betina has charisma in spades, but I find Yuri a bit stiff (I think this really comes out in their sd). I typically enjoy the Beyoncé program, but I just felt something was a bit off today, not really their best skate.

What you say is definitely there.

I find this very similar to Elena and Ruslan, she is the dominant part, while he is a bit in her shadow. It is very hard to find the balance there, the lady is just everywhere with her strong expression - not easy to keep up for the man on her side and maybe the lady also has to be less dominant at times. That said, I really like Betina, so it is less of a problem for me, she just rocks the show ^^ but yes, you have a strong point there.

In general, while they lost in PC and TES, the loss in TES hurts most for a Russian pair - but similar happened to Chock - Bates earlier this season, where they also lost out in their step sequences.