2015 Four Continents Free Dance Feb 13 Seoul time | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Free Dance Feb 13 Seoul time

Ice Diva

On the Ice
The lack of audience is an embarrassment for figure skating. Why hold these competitions in places where there seems to be such a lack of interest?

CBC working great - Korean (I think) commentator. I miss PJ.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The lack of audience is an embarrassment for figure skating. Why hold these competitions in places where there seems to be such a lack of interest?

You guys, it is the middle of the afternoon on a workday there. People are at work. I am sure the weekend events will be better attended. If not, we can talk then. Unfortunately, globally, most people have to go to their job to make money....

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Getting Weaver/Poje ready for their FD is probably the Pressing Appointment to which Krylova was eager to proceed.

And I'm sure that Hawayek/Baker would like to support their good friends W/P in every way -- and had no problem with Krylova's behavior.

Virtue/Moir always were very gracious about encouraging Zoueva to feel free to take her leave of them in the K and C in order to join Davis/White -- and were very gracious about wishing her (and D/W) good luck as she made her exit.

W/P are not skating for a good 30 or so minutes. She could sit long enough for a team that is paying her good money to coach them to get their scores. It's not like Marlie/Voir, where they were always in the same flight.

And I'm sure Marlie were equally as gracious as Voir. :rolleye:

Last edited:

cptnhastings

On the Ice
The lack of audience is an embarrassment for figure skating. Why hold these competitions in places where there seems to be such a lack of interest

It's the middle of the day on Friday there. C'mon.

I know for a fact that the US would be just as bad. I'm not sure about Canada or Europe.

I really enjoyed that Chinese team. I love my US teams so I hope that China doesn't develop the Ice Dance teams the way that they developed the Pairs teams. :laugh:

Barb

Record Breaker

I think is the shedule. Friday 3pm, I think the most of people are at work or at school. But I know if Yuna was here this would be full :yes:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am sorry but we are still working here. Not to mention we will have to work even in the Saturday as well. Next week is Lunar New Year in East Asia so it's hella busy before the New Year Eve. Work is killing us. I couldn't watch livestream so I visit the forum for some updates.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I am sorry but we are still working here. Not to mention we will have to work even in the Saturday as well. Next week is Lunar New Year in East Asia so it's hella busy before the New Year Eve. Work is killing us. I couldn't watch livestream so I visit the forum for some updates.

Good luck with your work!

In other news, I hate zamboni time. :laugh: Kazsport is showing biathalon ads (I'm guessing). What does IceNetwork do? I've never paid. Oops, Denis Ten time. I think.

tulosai

Record Breaker

No need to be sorry. The same people say this at every single event that is held on a workday anywhere in the world. They just stubbornly refuse to get it. I am not calling anyone out in particular and don't want to give the impression that I am but SOMEHOW, this comes up EVERY SINGLE TIME an event is on. One would think fans who care enough to post at a figure skating forum would have caught onto the pattern at work. People need money so they take jobs and then have to go to work. There is no mystery.

pandatours

On the Ice
This is my first time watching both Chinese ice dance teams, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Both teams were quite polished and lovely to watch. Not as cookie cutter as I had expected, I'm excited to have new teams to stan for!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
W/P are not skating for a good 30 or so minutes. She could sit long enough for a team that is paying her good money to coach them to get their scores. It's not like Marlie/Voir, where they were always in the same flight.

Well, I was on the right track -- but did not know that Krylova coached the Chinese couple who in fact were in the same flight as Hawayek/Baker.

But sorry that I was wrong in assuming that W/P were the reason.

In any case, Krylova had a good reason.

ETA, the eye-rolling that you added to your post was completely uncalled for. Since when does saying something positive about one couple equal implying something negative about another?? :bang:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Good luck with your work!

In other news, I hate zamboni time. :laugh: Kazsport is showing biathalon ads (I'm guessing). What does IceNetwork do? I've never paid. Oops, Denis Ten time. I think.

IceNetwork always keeps a camera on. Right now, it's just a wide-shot of the ice being re-surfaced, along with the music being played in the arena. Sometimes they will do random cuts to people in the audience.

elee63

Final Flight
This is my first time watching both Chinese ice dance teams, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Both teams were quite polished and lovely to watch. Not as cookie cutter as I had expected, I'm excited to have new teams to stan for!

I would contribute a lot of that bc of the foreign coaches. The males fs in china on the other hand. Come on guys in the Chinese skating fed... it's ok to get some foreign coaches up there as well...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I am basically daydreaming through this now and waiting for the final group...

You! I skipped my midnight nap to watch pairs with you and realized, halfway through the men's, my 22nd hour with no sleep, you had abandoned me! :drama:

I'm playing, ilu. Will you be watching ladies with us? No pairs tonight, so I'll get my nap :laugh:

cptnhastings

On the Ice
IceNetwork always keeps a camera on. Right now, it's just a wide-shot of the ice being re-surfaced, along with the music being played in the arena. Sometimes they will do random cuts to people in the audience.

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely thinking of getting IN next year so I need the info. :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Learn something new everyday. Thank you, CaroLiza_fan! I admit grew up with Romeo and Juliet as "R&J" referring to Prokfiev's ballet; so when I hear I skater's performing to Romeo and Juliet, I expect to hear the ballet score, and end up confused when its not!

You know, what you just said started me thinking. And a lot of confusion is actually born out of the lack of detail in the graphics.

A thing that kinda annoys me is when you see a graphic and it just says "Carmen". And you are wondering if you are going to get yet another rendition of "Toreadores", or the slightly less used "Habanera", or the rarest of all, something different!

Same with "Phantom Of The Opera". Whenever you see those words, many members think "Oh no! Not another rendition of the title piece!" Some even put the mute on they have got so fed up hearing it. But, not so long ago, somebody gunked us by using a different song. Yet the graphic just said "Phanton Of The Opera".

Most of all, I hate the way that the graphics in the Ice Dance do not tell you what music is being used. They just tell you the type of Dance they are using.

Please be more specific with the graphics!

CaroLiza_fan

Barb

Record Breaker
Because this kind of schedule I love the competitions in Asia. Are 23:00h in my country, so I am not working so late the most of the time.