2015 Skate America Pairs SP Oct 23 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Pairs SP Oct 23

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'd much rather see Alexa "stay the heck away from my cat!" face than "I feel wild passion for you, except when you screw up our program and I don't" face.

She is fierce and I :love: her.

:laugh:

I love her too. She is what she is and doesn't pretend to be what she isn't. Bless her.

whatif

Medalist
Anyone can see they are training quad lutz there. Hence the timing issues. Xenia stated recently that without it they can as well retire.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ksenia is a fierce queen, but he should be staring her down. That throw is partially his fault in the toss, but she still could have stuck the landing. And she stumbled on the footwork, not him.

He looks like he's scared of her. Watch his hesitation after the program whilst they're still on the ice, about to take their bows. That looks like fear to me.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Anyone can see they are training quad lutz there. Hence the timing issues. Xenia stated recently that without it they can as well retire.

If St/Kl land some Quads i will eat my slippers... I love them but the potential is not there

elee63

Final Flight
He looks like he's scared of her. Watch his hesitation after the program whilst they're still on the ice, about to take their bows. That looks like fear to me.

But at the end of the day, all just speculation on our part.. Not that I disagree, but still. Sometimes I fear for him. Wonder what she says during the bows..

whatif

Medalist

You need to check your eyes or stop imagining things. Not everyone can or should do "Scimeca". He simply felt guilty and in fact reading his lips you can see him apologising for his faults.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ksenia is a fierce queen, but he should be staring her down. That throw is partially his fault in the toss, but she still could have stuck the landing. And she stumbled on the footwork, not him.

I agree that both Fedor and Ksenia had problems with the program. And I will admit I am predisposed to like Alexa; I found a pairs stream to watch mostly because of her TSL interview (and to make sure I knew where to look for the men).

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Overall a very good competition. So many pairs to like. Way to go Seguin/Bilodeau :thumbsup:
6 points between the top 5.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I hate Scimeca/Knierim's program. It's like all the worst tendencies of both Russian and American skating mashed together. Fake angst, fake edginess, uninteresting positions, windmill arm footwork and jazz hands.

It's a big NO.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Nope they would have gotten higher PCS that they normally get and minor mistakes would become irrelevant. Anyhow, it's still close. All top 5 can change placement dramatically.

Nope.

As psusanne pointed out, they would only get about 4.2 points more for a clean throw (which takes into account +GOE and avoiding the -1 deduction).

Their PCS was only 1.5 points less than their personal best from Europeans last year (no way they would match their personal best PCS, even if they landed the throw.. heck, even if they had done the other elements cleanly, given how early it is in the season and how tentative the rest of the skate was).

So, with the throw cleanly landed, S/K still only 5.7 points more, so they would still be behind the Americans.

Their technical score was 10.31 points below their personal best. There were way more issues than not landing the throw. They got -GOE on three out of seven elements.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I hate Scimeca/Knierim's program. It's like all the worst tendencies of both Russian and American skating mashed together. Fake angst, fake edginess, uninteresting positions, windmill arm footwork and jazz hands.

It's a big NO.

I don't agree but, I love saying things are a big NO. Especially when it comes to costumes. :laugh2:

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I know what you mean, WeakAnkles. I am not saying he is, but there was a definite hesitation before he touched her on the shoulder that was very 'walking on egg shells'.

QuadThrow

Medalist
And how one shows potential to you?
If kavaguti could learn it...

Their throws are not that high even inconsistent, as you can see today. And you need the height especially for the 4Tw.

Her rotation is very late. It looks different to other, I like it.

Kawaguchi Smirnov land the Quad because she is prerotation very much. It looks not very good.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
They don't seem to go for realistic goals ... like last season, where they couldn't "only" settle for a medal at Worlds. Their spirit might be toxic for them. If 2nd isn't good enough they might have to retire embittered. It's sad actually, I like them very much as skaters.

whatif

Medalist
Their throws are not that high even inconsistent, as you can see today. And you need the height especially for the 4Tw.

Her rotation is very late. It looks different to other, I like it.

Kawaguchi Smirnov land the Quad because she is prerotation very much. It looks not very good.

Neither D/R nor K/S quads are high as u describe them. There are many different ways you can make 4 rotations. Why don't we wait and see.

whatif

Medalist
They don't seem to go for realistic goals ... like last season, where they couldn't "only" settle for a medal at Worlds. Their spirit might be toxic for them. If 2nd isn't good enough they might have to retire embittered. It's sad actually, I like them very much as skaters.

Sorry you make no sense.

lavender

Record Breaker

It's a big NO.

LOL...I feel the same.

Last edited:

Dots

Final Flight
Scimeca/Knierim have never skated better. Easily their best effort in a competition. The triple twist was flawless. Their footwork and some of the spin variations need improvement.