2015 Skate America Pairs SP Oct 23 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Pairs SP Oct 23

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I like S/K's choreography most, tailored movement for the music. Kensnia could be that lady from the Matrix. The coolest looking lady skater.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Sorry you make no sense.
Hmm ... I should probably have written:
They will probably never achieve their goals, because "winning" is the wrong goal. They look too much at what their competitors do and forget what they're good at themselves. That poisons their spirit. They didn't "want" the medal at Worlds last year because they want to win this year and it's very likely that they won't even medal this year. That's sad, I feel for them. They need a sports psychologist. If they already have one he's not good at his work or they're ignoring him.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Whoa, just coming home from work..what did the Russians do? How could they be so low in the rankings. Slaps face !!! I have to go out again, so see you later video, hopefullY!!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Love S/H's program!!! So mature and so intense. Such a pity for the spin. They did it perfectly at Chinese national competition some time ago and it was gorgeous! I like her in red costume better. The purple dress is pretty but does not fit this program IMO.

I think S/K(Russian) is over scored for PCS. That performance was way too sloppy to get that score.

I love the second American team. She has the it factor.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I'm shocked that S/K deteriorate this much. When I saw them at the Olympics, I thought they had great technique. What happened? Now, they can barely jump, barely throw, barely do a proper twist. Skating skills even went down. How is that possible?
When you see Julia/Caroline Zhang/etc.. you know they will have issues down the line. When you saw S/K, I bet you didn't see this one coming.

yuki

Final Flight
I hate Scimeca/Knierim's program. It's like all the worst tendencies of both Russian and American skating mashed together. Fake angst, fake edginess, uninteresting positions, windmill arm footwork and jazz hands.

It's a big NO.

Agreed. Why is it that in 90% of cases when skaters choose rock music, they can't be bothered to understand what they're skating to? Nothing Else Matters is a love song, but you'd never be able to tell that from Alexa's facial expressions.

Scovies

Final Flight
Agreed. Why is it that in 90% of cases when skaters choose rock music, they can't be bothered to understand what they're skating to? Nothing Else Matters is a love song, but you'd never be able to tell that from Alexa's facial expressions.

Heh. I like their program, but Alexa's facial expressions were too much. I also don't understand why they chose a version of the song with a female vocalist, only to then switch over to the original. It's weird going from a female soprano to James Hetfield's voice. :confused:

yuki

Final Flight
Heh. I like their program, but Alexa's facial expressions were too much. I also don't understand why they chose a version of the song with a female vocalist, only to then switch over to the original. It's weird going from a female soprano to James Hetfield's voice. :confused:

I disliked mostly everything about it, from music cuts to costumes (why are they goth?) to interpretation. It brings to mind V/T's equally awful Bring Me to Life SP.
But then again, I am probably one of the few people who disliked Ashley's Shine on You because she and her choreographer seemed to think it's a sexy song (it isn't).

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I couldn't watch because of work, but I followed along and was surprised by the results. Alexa and Chris are probably thrilled! Poor Stolbova/Klimov. I have a feeling they'll come back well in the free. To be honest, though, they just haven't seemed the same since losing to Duhamel/Radford at the GPF last year.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I couldn't watch because of work, but I followed along and was surprised by the results. Alexa and Chris are probably thrilled! Poor Stolbova/Klimov. I have a feeling they'll come back well in the free. To be honest, though, they just haven't seemed the same since losing to Duhamel/Radford at the GPF last year.

I feel like they're being too hard on themselves. I'm not a fan to be honest, but it's hard to watch such an obviously skilled pair skate like that. I feel the same way about the free skate, though.

belladashwood

Rinkside

I have to agree, something happened w/ them psychologically after coming in 2nd to D/R at last year's GPF. It's like they're in a nonstop downward spiral with every competition, their throws are off and it's now starting to affect their other elements such as their 3Twist. Their programs for this season leave me cold, no connection or emotion coming from either of them, like they're going through the motions and just want to get it over with. They really need to see a sports psychologist stat to fix whatever is going on with them.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Scimeca and Knierim did well, but I found the presentation odd. She was going full out fierce and he, in comparison, looked lost. There was no balance to the way it was framed, IMO. I'm not sure if he just can't bring the intensity or what?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Skate America is sure full of dramaaaaaa... didn't expect this result at all!

Kittosuni

Medalist
Thrilled for american S/K! This will be very good to boost their confidence. Its gonna be hard to hold on that top positon but they just need to skate clean for Lp. Feel bad for the russian S/K. It feels like they want it so bad its messing their head.