2015 World Team Trophy Pairs FS Apr 18 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Pairs FS Apr 18

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yeah, really! That's an awful thing to say. Did you mean to say something besides 'bomb', perhaps?

It's fairly common in competitive sports for fans to want their perceived opponents to fail. Not really awful at all. And I meant exactly what I said.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Very well skated program by S/H, but I don't love this program for them. I can appreciate that they are going for a more mature/less cutesy program, but the music seems too big for them.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh crud, why did she single a salchow of all things?

For me, it was still better than D/R since they only made one mistake (and not on their big tricks), plus it wasn't as disruptive as D/R's. But judging by the tech score, it won't be enough.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
That was amazing!!!They are the future of the chinese skating. And their TES is very close to D/R, so it is good to see D/R are not unbeatable.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
It's fairly common in competitive sports for fans to want their perceived opponents to fail. Not really awful at all. And I meant exactly what I said.

Hmm... I would prefer my favourites win on their own merits (in a competition where everyone skates well/cleanly), rather than due to the mistakes of others.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
S/H has higher PCS than D/R! They also won the combined total score in the pairs event :)

Scovies

Final Flight
Oh crud, why did she single a salchow of all things?

For me, it was still better than D/R since they only made one mistake (and not on their big tricks), plus it wasn't as disruptive as D/R's. But judging by the tech score, it won't be enough.

They actually outscored D/R on components!

EdgeCall

Record Breaker

What's common is not necessarily what's right. Disrespecting an athlete like that is just bad sportsmanship, sorry. And yes, I think it's awful.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, it was nice to see them so close, and barely behind in PCS for either program. At the start of the year, D/R likely would've won even if S/H had gone clean (see: NHK).

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
That was weird. I think these WTT scores need to be thrown out from the rest of the season.

Norwayskater

Rinkside
On Thursday they didn`t take down the stream between the segments. So maybe that goes for today also ;) That's if you are watching the ISU stream.

andromache

Record Breaker
Hmm... I would prefer my favourites win on their own merits (in a competition where everyone skates well/cleanly), rather than due to the mistakes of others.

I think I agree with sabinfire on a lot of things here on GS...but rooting for a skater/team to fail so my favorites place better :slink:

The best competitions are where everyone skates their best and the judging is fair :clap: