2015 World Team Trophy Pairs FS Apr 18 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Pairs FS Apr 18

yuki

Final Flight
Well, it was nice to see them so close, and barely behind in PCS for either program. At the start of the year, D/R likely would've won even if S/H had gone clean (see: NHK).

If you mean S/H, they actually beat D/R in PCS by a smidgen (70.46 vs. 70.21)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
They actually outscored D/R on components!
Wait, what??

:yay: I'm glad disruptive mistakes are being taken into consideration. Or, alternatively, that S/H are being appreciated. :) Both good. (Feel a bit bad for K/S though. Honestly, they made about the same errors as D/R--a fall and a step-out--and end up 13 points behind. If S/K skated clean, I completely understand why they lost to them, but the gap is a little disconcerting.)

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
If this was a normal event and the scores were combined, S/H would be ahead of D/R in the overall standings! Glad to see them doing so well.

LisaM

Medalist
I think I agree with sabinfire on a lot of things here on GS...but rooting for a skater/team to fail so my favorites place better :slink:

The best competitions are where everyone skates their best and the judging is fair :clap:

I feel the same but I would be lying if I said I never thought anything like that. I hope the others disagreeing with sabinfire are really the saints they want to be.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I think I agree with sabinfire on a lot of things here on GS...but rooting for a skater/team to fail so my favorites place better :slink:

The best competitions are where everyone skates their best and the judging is fair :clap:

Doesn't sound like any competition that I know. :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I feel the same but I would be lying if I said I never thought anything like that. I hope the others disagreeing with sabinfire are really the saints they want to be.
Same here. I don't voice these thoughts 'cause I know they're wrong, but I'd be lying if I said I never rooted against someone--if that's what it took for my favourites to win.

But hey, on the grand scheme of evil thoughts, they don't rank very high.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker

Haha I know. Yeah of course we want everyone to skate their best and all that jazz... but come on, sometimes the skater that I dislike, I am rather ok when they are falling!!

andromache

Record Breaker
Doesn't sound like any competition that I know. :laugh:

So I won't lie and say that I haven't wished for a skater to do not as well as they are capable of so that a skater that I prefer will win out :p

But in a semi-public setting (such as this forum) I think it's rude to the team/skater as well as fans of the team/skater to hope a team/skater does poorly.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
But in a semi-public setting (such as this forum) I think it's rude to the team/skater as well as fans of the team/skater to hope a team/skater does poorly.

Did I do that? I'm not sure how, since I don't really follow Pairs this year and I'm just killing time until the Ladies FS begins. I actually don't care about anyone winning or losing in Pairs, other than holding out hope for Russia to score more points than USA here. D/R was entirely irrelevant to that. Not sure what all this talk about being 'disrespectful' or 'rude' is all about, since I regularly see people making extremely negative remarks toward skaters like Kovtun, but people don't run to his defense. I guess D/R are just special. :)