2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Canadian Nationals takes place Jan. 18-24 in Halifax, Nova Scotia

SENIOR SHORT DANCE
Friday, January 22, 2016, 12:15

Current time in Halifax, Nova Scotia, AST (UTC -4)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/canada/halifax

Times in Other countries and cities
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166

Tickets

Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketatlantic.com, by phone at 902-451-1221 or toll free 1-877-451-1221 or in person at the Ticket Atlantic box office located on the Scotiabank Centre Promenade. 4-packs are also available for $100-$175 on senior events only.

Venue Info:
Scotiabank Centre
1800 Argyle Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2V9 Canada

Links on team names are to ice-dance.com coverage.

STARTING ORDER​

Start #NameSection
1Elysia-Marie Campbell / Philippe Granger QC

SD Until the Last Moment by Yanni; Strange Love by Koop
FD Torn by Nathan Lanier, Hello by Evanescence
2 Roxette Howe / Jean Luc JacksonBC/YK

SD Douce France by Charles Trénet, Quand on pense à l'amour (Tulips of Amsterdam) by Mirielle Mathieu
FD Breakfast at Tiffany's soundtrack: Hubcaps and Taillights, Moon River, and The Big Blow Out
3Jocelyn LeBlanc / Danny SeymourCO

SD Cinderella Suite No. 1, Op. 107: Waltz, La Polka Militaire by Patrick Doyle
FD Poseidon's Tale by Maksim
4Catherine Daigle-Roy / Dominic BartheQC

SD Come Waltz With Me - Demis Roussos; Coppélia: No. 19 Marche de la Cloche
FD La Chanson Des Vieux Amants by Jacques Brel
5Alexa Linden / Addison VoldengSK

SD The Riddle and Entr'acte (Instrumental) from the Scarlet Pimpernel Encore by O.B.C.
FD Alice's Theme by Danny Elfman, The Madness Returns Theme by Marshall Crutcher, The Bathtub by Dan Romer, Benh Zeitlin, and Lost Bayou Ramblers
6Nicole Orford / Asher HillBC/YK

SD Etta James:My Heart Cries and Johnny Mathis: It's Not for Me to Say
FD The Theory of Everything Soundtrack by Jóhann Jóhannsson

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55976-Nicole-Orford-Asher-Hill
7Brianna Delmaestro / Timothy LumBC/YK

SD By Strauss from and S'Wonderful by Gene Kelly and Georges Guétary from "An American in Paris" soundtrack; choreo by Megan Wing, Aaron Lowe
FD Silsila Ye Chahat Ka by Shreya Ghosal, Echoes and Sounds of Rejection (Theme of Devdas) by Ismail Dardar, Chalak Chalak by Shreya Ghosal; choreo by Megan Wing, Aaron Lowe
8Andréanne Poulin / Marc-André ServantQC

SD Bon Voyage Dans La Lune by Marie-Élaine Thibert, A New Deal (from Ratatouille) by Michael Giacchino
FD Birth by Alexandre Desplat, Final Soirs D'alsace, Op. 52 by Ensemble Vivant
9Lauren Collins / Shane FirusCO

SD Shostakovich’s “Second Waltz” and Strauss’ “Radetzky March,” choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD "Beautiful Tango” by Hindi Zahra, “Song of no Regrets” and “Breakfast in Baghdad” by Youn Sun Nah; choreo by Shae Zukiwsky
10Carolane Soucisse / Simon TanguayQC

SD Mon Amant De St Jean by Patrick Bruel
FD Still Loving You by P the Scorpions
11Elisabeth Paradis / François-Xavier OuelletteQC

SD Lost by Anouk and Kill by Anouk; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon
FD Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...isabeth-Paradis-amp-Francois-Xavier-Ouellette
12Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam CO

SD The Tales of Beatrix Potter soundtrack: Waltz: The Mouse Waltz by John Lanchbery, The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin by John Lanchbery; choreo by M.F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
FD Barbra Streisand's "Where Is it Written?;" choreo by M.F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55194-Alexandra-Paul-amp-Mitchell-Islam
13Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier CO

SD Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by.the Beatles, March: German Dance No. 6 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Waltz: Air pour les sauvages by Rameau by Orchestra of the 18th Century; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs, and P.Poirier & P. Gilles
FD "She Said" by Jorane from the I Am Dina soundtrack and Neverland (Saudade); choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs and P.Poirier & P. Gilles

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55187-Piper-Gilles-amp-Paul-Poirier
14Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew PojeNO

SD Johann Strauss' "Blue Danube' & polka (at Skate Canada)
FD On the Nature of Daylight by Max Richter, Walk and Run by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by P. Camerlengo, S. Bourne, P. Tchernyshev

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...yn-Weaver-amp-Andrew-Poje&p=905446#post905446

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is interesting to see that Orford & Hill are listed as competing for BC/YK, Nicole's section.

HJay

Spectator
It is interesting to see that Orford & Hill are listed as competing for BC/YK, Nicole's section.

I wondered that also. I think that it is partly because BC/YK is probably an easier section to get out of than COS, but mostly because they want to avoid competing against other Scarborough teams and knocking each other out before Canadians. There should be 4 senior Canadian teams competing out of IDE next year, and they are each in different sections.

Last edited:

blue eyed birds

Spectator
I've wondered about the choice, too. Only two couples competed at CO Sectionals this year, since G/P and P/I both have byes, and same for BC/YT Sectionals, although that section is missing Edwards/Pang this season. O/H elected not to compete there. Any case, as long as teams are picking up byes and unless there's a big entry surge into senior dance in the next season or two, Sectionals entrants are generally going straight to Challenge anyway -- Quebec tends to be the most crowded and even those senior dancers all passed through.

Poulin/Servant have always skated for Quebec, and trained there until this season, and Mackenzie Bent is a long-time Eastern Ontario representative, so I think it's mostly good fortune that Scarboro will see as much senior Section diversity soon (Ralph/Hill, on the other hand, of course skated for Central Ontario).

However, different sections might provide other benefits for teams representing them, especially since CO is more crowded and BC/YT has fewer higher-level teams.

Last edited:

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
While we're on the topic of sections, love the fact that Weaver/Poje still represent NO even after all these years when they were really based out of Kitchner Waterloo and could have easily represented WO instead.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why am I getting flashbacks to the Junior Grand Prix Series...??? :confused:

:laugh:

Just visited the Entries / Results page for the Canadian Championships, and found that Skate Canada have uploaded the detailed Time Schedules for all categories!!! :cheer:

And, you'll be pleased to hear that there are NO withdrawals in any category!!!

I'll add the link for the livestream to this post whenever it becomes available.

Here is the link for the Time Schedule:

http://skatecanada.ca/results/2016CDNS/2016CDNSSeniorDanceShortDanceTimeSheet.pdf

Here is the livestream on Daily Motion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3...ian-tire-national-skating-championships_sport

And here is the embedded version on the Skate Canada website (well, we should all know by now how much bandwidth the ads on Daily Motion eat up!):

http://skatecanada.ca/event/2016-canadian-tire-national-skating-championships/#2b14b5f607ad6f77c

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Missed the first 3 couples, but just saw Daigle-Roy / Barthe

I never knew that that piece of music had lyrics! :shocked: Like, how many times over the years have we heard it used in Ice Dance, yet this was the first time I've heard it with vocals.

And you know what, I think this is one of the rare instances where I prefer a piece of music with the vocals included! :agree:

At the end of the first group, they have a pretty decent lead of 54.09, with Howe / Jackson in 2nd with 46.31, and LeBlanc / Seymour in 3rd with 40.52.

To complete the run-down, Campbell / Granger are a pretty distant 4th with 33.54.

Second group starting now with Linden / Voldeng.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now for the couple I was waiting to see!

Orford and Hill

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ok, so it is strange not seeing Thomas with Nicole, and Kharis with Asher. But, they actually look pretty good together.

I am not an expert in Ice Dance, but they have definitely mastered the art of looking longingly at each other. There is definitely more chemistry there than there normally is with brand new partnerships.

I do think that this could turn out to be quite a promising partnership.

Oh, and I loved the silly face Asher pulled when the camera came back to them after showing the highlights. Such a joker! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, Collins / Firus just brought out the usual non-vocal version of Shostakovich's waltz.

You know, it would have been interesting if they had been straight after Daigle-Roy / Barthe, so that we could have heard the 2 versions back-to-back.

But, I'm not too sure about sticking the Radetzky March onto the end of it. Shostakovich and Strauss?! Mmmm.

Plus, after watching the Vienna Philharmonic's New Year's Day concert (as I do every year), it had taken the guts of the past 3 weeks to get the Radetzky March prised out of my head! AND NOW IT's BACK STUCK IN AGAIN!!! :bang:

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those of us without any streaming:sad21:, how did my loves:love: Nicole and Asher score?