On the Ice
a little resume
Shibutanis U.S. Nationals :
SD : 74.67
FD : 115.47 (58.89 and 56.58)
Total = 190.14

W/P : in Canadian National championships
Sd : 76.20
FD : 115.53 (57.03 and 59.50 with a -1 deduction)
Total = 191.73

C/B
SD : 75.14
FD : 111.79 (55 and 56.79)
Total = 186.93

P/C :
SD : 70.74
FD : 111.97 (56.24 and 55.73)
Total = 182.71.

So if we see these score, P/C is only 4th

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
a little resume
Total = 190.14

Total = 191.73

C/B
Total = 186.93

P/C :
Total = 182.71.

Yeah but you're taking nationals scores...

Lota

Record Breaker
a little resume
Total = 190.14

Total = 191.73

C/B
Total = 186.93

P/C :
Total = 182.71.

Ok, first of all, comparing Nationals to ISU competitions is not smart. Second of all, comparing scores between any competitions is not smart :disapp:

Alextim

Rinkside
You can't compare national events with international ... The italians for example have had creasy scores at their national championship

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Not a huge Ice Dance fan as I can never tell what is happening with the levels but I have to say yesterday was a very entertaining competition. I watched the last two groups on BESP and was entertained by everyone, the diversity in which they all approached the free was great.

My absolute favourite dance was that of Bobrova/Soloviev. It was simply outstanding, the style, the music, the emotion, fantastic. The whole routine flew by, they captured the music so well and it told the story of Anna Karenina. Everything seemed so effortless and easy. I loved the use of train sounds at the start and the ending pose (and everything in between). I would have given the SIL and ChLi +3 in GOE across the board. Great to have them back competing. They were possibly somewhat undermarked in PCS, especially in Ch, PE & In.

I loved P/C last year and was a bit worried for them coming in here as they were lacking competitive exposure this year but I needn't have worried. They were sublime, they really have clicked with their Montreal trainers, one thing I will say is that to me it's very similar to last years programme. A little variety in styles would be nice. They are nicely set up for Worlds now. I was never C/L's biggest fan but this new programme really suits them it's so light and breezy and happy. I loved the opening lift.

In fourth were S/K, I found the programme to be nice but in comparison to the top 3 it seemed old fashioned and dated. They scored very high, I think to high in PCS but I though Zoueva was expecting more, she looked a bit disappointed in the K&C. I like S/B, it's nice to see a tall female Ice Dancer, they are a very striking couple. However this programme is not a good vehicle for them but I think this has made a clear Russian number 3, I/Z have work to do.

In the second last group again more programme diversity. I thought it was the best skate I have seen from C/B, they always strike me as Pairs skaters based on their height difference but Muse really works for them. I was disappointed for T/T, everyone thing was a struggle for them, I like this programme but this was not there best performance of it. I didn't like G/F, I don't like their Schindler List and how it is mixed with music from W.E. I remember back in Skate Canada Nicky and Chris were saying it should be ahead of B/S, thankfully they weren't saying that yesterday.

A good competition to end what was a great week of European Figure Skating.

oat

On the Ice
these give some idea of the scores that we can see at WC .
I follow ice dance only 1 year (so i didn't know really how to interpret these national score even if I know it's overrated
but overrated of 2 points, 4, 6, 8 points ?

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
a little resume
Total = 190.14

Total = 191.73

C/B
Total = 186.93

P/C :
Total = 182.71.

Let's take out National inflation, lol. I doubt any of those teams would have PCS over 56, at least not yet. And you can take out some 2 points from the SD and 4-6 from the FD to make the overall score.

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm surprised some people aren't crazy about Papadakis/Cizeron's FD. This was my first time seeing it, and personally I liked it even better than their Mozart program last year. After this performance and those scores, I think they're looking like the favorites for the World title. I'm not as sure about Cappellini/Lanotte's chances for the podium anymore.

Right now I would have Papadakis/Cizeron, Weaver/Poje, and the Shibs on the podium and not necessarily in that order. But I'm a biased fan. :biggrin: I definitely think losing Nationals will make Chock/Bates mad and they'll be very, very strong at both 4CC and Worlds.

Petitefleur

Spectator
Let's take out National inflation, lol. I doubt any of those teams would have PCS over 56, at least not yet. And you can take out some 2 points from the SD and 4-6 from the FD to make the overall score.
and Cappellini Lanotte free dance at the national : 114.24 and 5 weeks later at the European 105.70

Astrid56

Final Flight
Ok, first of all, comparing Nationals to ISU competitions is not smart. Second of all, comparing scores between any competitions is not smart :disapp:

Maybe it's not smart but, at least, it gives us an idea. Last year, the 4CC's medalists along with the Europeans'. we got a glimpse of who would be top 4 or 5. The 4cc's top two _ C/B and W/P scored well in the WC while the French got a solid nod for their FD in the EC. Will it be the same teams taking the top 5? I think so. I see W/P and C/B in the WC podium (despite the bump on the road for the latter ... we have yet to see a flawless FD skate from C/B and that might soon change - this team thrives on challenges _ they do not easily give up after a dismal skate).

Anyway, I think, we will definitely have an exciting WC this year.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Finally had time to watch some of the dance. What a great competition! P/C is in a class of their own, but B/S's FD made me cry. S/K's SD was also a standout for me. As an aside, the British commentators' enthusiasm is infectious and really enhanced my enjoyment of the Dance event. Thanks so very much to those of you who posted the videos!

these give some idea of the scores that we can see at WC .
I follow ice dance only 1 year (so i didn't know really how to interpret these national score even if I know it's overrated
but overrated of 2 points, 4, 6, 8 points ?

Then learn a bit more. Nationals event are pointless in term of points. You can remove ten points on FD and 4 or five on SD to get what they'll get in internationals competitions. I have a great feeling PC lowest scores will stay the ones from nationals this year but french always like not to help their skaters at nationals (Hello Anne-Sophie Calvez).

Or just compare last year nationals scores' to 2015 Worlds'. Canadians are usually the less contrieved to put meaningless marks to their top teams.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Not a huge Ice Dance fan as I can never tell what is happening with the levels but I have to say yesterday was a very entertaining competition. I watched the last two groups on BESP and was entertained by everyone, the diversity in which they all approached the free was great.

My absolute favourite dance was that of Bobrova/Soloviev. It was simply outstanding, the style, the music, the emotion, fantastic. The whole routine flew by, they captured the music so well and it told the story of Anna Karenina. Everything seemed so effortless and easy. I loved the use of train sounds at the start and the ending pose (and everything in between). I would have given the SIL and ChLi +3 in GOE across the board. Great to have them back competing. They were possibly somewhat undermarked in PCS, especially in Ch, PE & In.

A good competition to end what was a great week of European Figure Skating.

This. This was the best showing of this FD yet - everything clicked amazingly: technical side, execution, presentation. The costumes are great, the music is perfect, the whole Anna Karenina story fits them like a glove and honestly I can't imagine other dance duo to pull it off like they could.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
This. This was the best showing of this FD yet - everything clicked amazingly: technical side, execution, presentation. The costumes are great, the music is perfect, the whole Anna Karenina story fits them like a glove and honestly I can't imagine other dance duo to pull it off like they could.

Their diagonal step sequence also deserves +3 GOE. It was picture perfect. And maybe combination spin.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Their diagonal step sequence also deserves +3 GOE. It was picture perfect. And maybe combination spin.

they dance holds are second to none, period - seriously, for me no other team now can do step sequences in close dance holds like them :love:. And they were so happy in K'n'C along with Zhulin :)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
they dance holds are second to none, period - seriously, for me no other team now can do step sequences in close dance holds like them :love:. And they were so happy in K'n'C along with Zhulin :)

Zhuline was actually crying, Tarasova said she never saw him in a state like this.

viennaskater

Medalist
I loved P/C last year and was a bit worried for them coming in here as they were lacking competitive exposure this year but I needn't have worried. They were sublime, they really have clicked with their Montreal trainers, one thing I will say is that to me it's very similar to last years programme. A little variety in styles would be nice.

Much as I adore P/C, I agree with you. They have shown that they can successfully perfom a faster-paced free dance, as they did a superb one in 2014. Obviously, skaters need to select a theme and music which suits their style, but it would have been good to see them do a program which is not so similar to last year's.