2016 Europeans Short Dance | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Short Dance

tvuckic16

Final Flight
It just shows you what a mess things currently are in Russian ice dancing. :laugh:

Nobody is standing out in the pack yet. I think the Russian fed. are hoping S/K are then one but their partnership is still young. B/S have the most experience so their fighting based on that. And of course there are others as well. So at the moment it appears like the fed. isn't pushing any team hard yet and are just waiting to see before they make a move. That would benefit S/K or I/Z more then it would B/S.

I agree. This would benefit SK and IZ the most.

Russian ice dance is a bit undecided. It's kind of funny, I had practically written SK off after their performance last year, but I guess I was wrong. They are back and doing well. Objectively, I see them much improved from last year.

Strangely, I thought for sure I would be seeing IZ fight for the Euro podium this year but they didn't even make the team this year. And although I think IZ maybe should have made the team over SB, I can't say that I was super impressed by IZ this year, even though I like them as a team.

So, yes, pretty open ended for the Russians. Interested to see what happens.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think both T/T and SinKats showed the good points of the new judging system. In ice dance in particular, if you're strong you get more or less the marks you deserve and not the points your starting group "allows" you. The effect of skating earlier is still there and detrimental, but less so. It didn't matter that T/T had to skate in the first group, they're top ten. It didn't matter that SinKats had to skate two groups earlier than the other top pairs, their scores held up and reflected what happened on the ice (perhaps skating earlier lowered PCS for both S/K and T/T a bit, but the effects aren't drastic anymore).

COP has been a godsend for dance. It's far more fair than it ever was under 6.0, and much more exciting. Under 6.0 you knew who would podium before the competition started.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I agree. This would benefit SK and IZ the most.

Russian ice dance is a bit undecided. It's kind of funny, I had practically written SK off after their performance last year, but I guess I was wrong. They are back and doing well. Objectively, I see them much improved from last year.

Strangely, I thought for sure I would be seeing IZ fight for the Euro podium this year but they didn't even make the team this year. And although I think IZ maybe should have made the team over SB, I can't say that I was super impressed by IZ this year, even though I like them as a team.

So, yes, pretty open ended for the Russians. Interested to see what happens.

Nikita has his ego deflated considerably after last year, which probably accounts for their greater success this year.

#keepingitreal

:)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If Bobrova / Soloviev go into 3rd, I propose we declare the Ice Dance portion of the Predictions Game now, based on the Short Dance results.

I'll get full points, then!!! :agree: :biggrin: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Right, that's it. I'm taking the executive decision of declaring the Ice Dance results for the Predictions Game now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Don't worry, I'm not!)

CaroLiza_fan

I take it back!!! I'm not declaring the Predictions Game results yet!!!

I forgot that I had put Guignard / Fabbri in 4th! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Iris81

On the Ice
what did Tatiana said about P/C AND C/L?
personnally i don't understand WHY the italian are first.
That PC are outstanding, everything effortless, fenomenal musicality, their dance has inner nerve, praised Gillaume as a great partner etc.
About C/L - their skating not natural, but learned, critised Anna's posture today, said they have much better fd than sd this year. Also in her opinion it was a shame to ice dancing when they became world champions, this year they are improved and much better. But she was not surprised with results, "because I speaked with some people yesterday" :rolleye:

Last edited:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 72.31 1 video Q
2 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 70.74 2 video Q
3 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 68.71 3 video Q
4 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 68.33 4 video Q
5 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 66.65 5 video Q
6 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 64.87 6 video Q
7 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR 64.46 7 video Q
8 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND ] GBR 64.26 8 video Q

Kinga

Medalist
P/C so etheral, so magical. This dance is so different compared to the obvious and "in your face" choices that other pairs made. All these Tchaikovskis, Strauss, Mascarades etc etc just fall flat in comparison.
As one poster said before: P/C are natural dancers, C/L dances are "learned" and stiff somehow. JMO.

oat

On the Ice
P/C so etheral, so magical. This dance is so different compared to the obvious and "in your face" choices that other pairs made. All these Tchaikovskis, Strauss, Mascarades etc etc just fall flat in comparison.
As one poster said before: P/C are natural dancers, C/L dances are "learned" and stiff somehow. JMO.

Maybe their waltz and march are so much different from others, that the djuge don't know how to note

cocotaffy

Final Flight

That exactly times thousands. Why did C/L got higher scores for SS than P/C ? I don't get it. Actually, C/L got higher scores in all the PCS, like performance, interpretation/timing, really ???? Who are they kidding :confused:

TMC

Record Breaker
Honestly Torn and Partonen have never done anything for me, but I do highly approve of their SD music selection.

I don't love their SD, but their FD this year is a gem. I hope they attack it all the more after the silly little mistakes today!

melmel

On the Ice
I loooooved P/C's SD. They really put passion in the waltz so sure they don't look like what period movies look like with the princess and her "beau" dancing in a ball, because they took out all the "formal" stiffness that can be associated with waltz and instead they emphasized the beautiful flow of it.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
That PC are outstanding, everything effortless, fenomenal musicality, their dance has inner nerve, praised Gillaume as a great partner etc.
About C/L - their skating not natural, but learned, critised Anna's posture today, said they have much better fd than sd this year. Also in her opinion it was a shame to ice dancing when they became world champions, this year they are improved and much better. But she was not surprised with results, "because I speaked with some people yesterday" :rolleye:

You can't mess with Tatiana! :agree:

Last edited:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 72.31 1 video Q
2 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 70.74 2 video Q
3 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 68.71 3 video Q
4 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 68.33 4 video Q
5 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 66.65 5 video Q
6 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 64.87 6 video Q
7 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR 64.46 7 video Q
8 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND ] GBR 64.26 8 video Q

9 Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK 62.24 9 video Q
10 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN 62.19 10 video Q
11 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksim SPODIREV POL 59.57 11 video Q
12 Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR 56.33 12 video Q
13 Kavita LORENZ / Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS GER 55.06 13 video Q
14 Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA CZE 54.97 14 video Q
15 Barbora SILNA / Juri KURAKIN AUT 54.56 15 video Q
16 Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Pierre SOUQUET FRA 54.37 16 video Q
17 Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV BLR 52.25 17 video Q
18 Cecilia TЦRN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN 51.14 18 video Q
19 Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO ESP 50.19 19 video Q
20 Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX-SENECAL ARM 50.17 20 video Q
21 Misato KOMATSUBARA / Andrea FABBRI ITA 49.56 21 video
22 Olga JAKUSHINA / Andrey NEVSKIY LAT 49.49 22
23 Katharina MЬLLER / Tim DIECK GER 48.75 23 video
24 Peroline OJARDIAS / Michael BRAMANTE FRA 48.36 24 video
25 Taylor TRAN / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU 45.09 25 video
26 Valeria GAISTRUK / Alexei OLEJNIK UKR 44.44 26 video
27 Carolina MOSCHENI / Balazs MAJOR HUN 42.87 27 video
28 Katarina PAICE / Yuri EREMENKO SUI 36.23 28

Ekm

On the Ice
That exactly times thousands. Why did C/L got higher scores for SS than P/C ? I don't get it. Actually, C/L got higher scores in all the PCS, like performance, interpretation/timing, really ???? Who are they kidding :confused:

To me the Italians deserve to be above the French in P/E, Interpretation, and choreography. The difference is ss is rather small in terms of the scores and while Cappellini gets a lot of crap around here for her SS (along with a number of other ladies) Papadakis isn't exactly towards the top of the heap in that area either.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

All current and former world champions get a significant Reputation Bonus.

That's just the way it is.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
SinKats in last group in FD! Yay!
how many points they would get if they're 3rd at Euros???
(Im trying to calculate their warm up group # for Worlds Or it won't depend on this season rank??)

I for one agreed with results
I love P/C but I prefer last year progs:slink:

Anna was gorg In motion the dress is even prettier:bow:

Last edited:

yuna13

On the Ice

Thank you for your Answer. She wasn't surprise, it Was planned. I'm wondering what the talk is saying about the free dance