2016 Four Nationals FS Championships | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Nationals FS Championships

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't think it would be a bad thing for Duskova to not get that single spot for the euros. Why not send her with Bidar in the pair competition? Don't they have the age to do it? With their scores at the GPF they would have finished in sixth place last year - of course, now we have a lot of new teams coming in that are better than them, but I could still see a top ten for them, which would be a lot better than what she would get in the ladies competition.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't think it would be a bad thing for Duskova to not get that single spot for the euros. Why not send her with Bidar in the pair competition? Don't they have the age to do it? With their scores at the GPF they would have finished in sixth place last year - of course, now we have a lot of new teams coming in that are better than them, but I could still see a top ten for them, which would be a lot better than what she would get in the ladies competition.

I hope the Czech Federation is reasonable and the will send them to Euros, too. I can't see a single reason why wouldn't they. I thought they didn't compete here in Pairs, because their spot at Euros was guaranteed anyway, but of course I might be wrong.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Olexandra BORYSOVA / Cezary ZAWADZKI are so cute!

When they were waiting for the results, Olexandra blew a big kiss to everybody. And then Cezary turned round and kissed her!

So cute!

Yes, I would love to see them go to Euros in Pairs. This season they have more than proved that they are capable enough.

I didn't realise that about the GP Final score, though. SIXTH?! Wow!

I knew it was a good score, but I didn't realise it was quite that good!

It would have been nice to see Anna win the Czech title just to prove the point that she is a good enough singles skater to be national champion. But, as you say, she wouldn't do as well at Europeans as a Singles skater as she would as a Pairs skater.

And the same goes for Martin.

Because Eliška is the established name, people are going to expect a lot more from her than they would of Anna.

So, with this in mind, the irony is that it is highly probable that Anna would do better at Euros than Eliška.

Put it like this: if Eliška skates at Europeans like she did this weekend, she is going to be eaten alive!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Such a nice support from audience for both teams ^^

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wonder what is taking so long for judges...

Yes. This is getting rediculous!

Now they're showing shots of the audience to pass the time.

Lukas is so exhausted waiting he's resting his head on Rika's shoulder! :laugh:

Finally! :drama:

They won!

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ok, so Testa/Csolley won with 96 for Free Dance. I liked their FD apart form the fact, that when their music changed to more dynamic, their dance not.... I did not see connection to music, but I'm not dance expert, so maybe it's just me.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Interesting, BV in Free Dance for Polish team was higher than Slovak one.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Yes, I would love to see them go to Euros in Pairs. This season they have more than proved that they are capable enough.

I didn't realise that about the GP Final score, though. SIXTH?! Wow!

I knew it was a good score, but I didn't realise it was quite that good!

It would have been nice to see Anna win the Czech title just to prove the point that she is a good enough singles skater to be national champion. But, as you say, she wouldn't do as well at Europeans as a Singles skater as she would as a Pairs skater.

And the same goes for Martin.

Because Eliška is the established name, people are going to expect a lot more from her than they would of Anna.

So, with this in mind, the irony is that it is highly probable that Anna would do better at Euros than Eliška.

Put it like this: if Eliška skates at Europeans like she did this weekend, she is going to be eaten alive!

CaroLiza_fan

Yeah, it's a very good score, but since this year we have already two german teams that are getting stronger, the italians that upped their game, I think it would be hard to get that sixth place, but in the top ten it wouldn't be impossible. But I think it's less about their placement that matters but something more in the lines of experience. They are a very, very young pair, younger than a lot of their junior peers, and they still have a long way to go, but putting their name out there in the bigger competitions is a lot better than not doing that.

By the Czech Fed pushing Duskova for the singles, or both of them, they are losing precious time they could be working in their pair skating. They already have bigger elements than most of the junior teams, and similar to even the top teams in senior - they have a triple lutz throw, they are doing the triple twist, and they both can do triple tow and salchow, which are the jumps most of the senior teams do, so if they had more time to work on their skating together it would only help them improve even more. They are a very rough dimond, but if they don't use the momentum they've built so far, especially this year, they are just throwing away a very good chance of making a name for them.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Marco Klepoch has started his Free Skate

Sorry for the late notice. I re-started the computer during the interval, and then, when I re-opened everything, I found a comment to reply to. And, as usual, I wrote too much!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Currently resurfacing.

Warm up for final group of the Men's FS will start at 18:32 CET (17:32 GMT). So, about 5 minutes from now.

This group is made up exclusively of skaters representing the Czech Republic and Poland. So, although I didn't realise it until there now, the Hungarian and Slovak Championships have already been decided.

We start off with 4 Czechs - BELOHRADSKY, followed by BIDAR ( :cheer: ), then KOTLARIK, and finally Mr. Potato himself, Michal BREZINA.

Then we have Poland's Krzysztof GALA, and we finish with Igor REZNICHENKO, the Ukrainian now representing Poland.

It'll be interesting to see if Michal can put in a better performance than yesterday, or if he will just win the title by being less bad than his rivals, like his sister did this morning.

And it will also be interesting to see if Igor can pip Michal to the overall title, in what is his first Four Nationals.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It'll be interesting to see if Michal can put in a better performance than yesterday, or if he will just win the title by being less bad than his rivals, like his sister did this morning.

:laugh::cry:

This '90s soundtrack is giving me major flashbacks!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mr. Potato! CL_fan, you win internet today :rofl:

Hey, don't give me credit - I'm just quoting matmuh! That's what she calls him.

(And, being Irish, I just loved that name! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hey, don't give me credit - I'm just quoting matmuh! That's what she calls him.

(And, being Irish, I just loved that name! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

Ok, that makes sense, she loves Michal even more than me, I think. The name is justs perfect for him :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, I would not be surprised if Jiri climbed a place or 2 after that performance.

Seems a funny guy, getting up again to do a flamboyant bow in front of the sofa!

Martin now. Fingers crossed.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, that's Jiri up one place.

Fall at the start for Martin, and then...

TOMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Not his best, but at least we can see Tomas :luv17:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As I was saying, fall at the start, and then a few scrappy moments afterwards.

Goes into 3rd overall.

It is all down to Petr Kotlarik, on now, as to whether Martin gets onto the Czech podium or not.

And Petr starts with a fall as well.

CaroLiza_fan