Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That was a bad skate from Kamil Peteja :(

Good luck, Matyas! :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ohh Matyas, shame about 3-3 but he never fails to entertain :luv17: but please work on your spins more :slink:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
ohh Matyas, shame about 3-3 but he never fails to entertain :luv17: but please work on your spins more :slink:

It's because there was no Tomas with him... Still, it wasn't bad and he's still only 15. I hope puberty won't bring him down in next two years...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh. Michal. It was going so well! Why poping 3A? :hopelessness: DId he catch that from Nathan Chen?...

73.61. Michal had not even once been close to 80 points this season. it;s getting ridiculous. Someone save him!

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So the overall champion in Ladies Is Ivett Toth! Congrats! She's obviously once again, a Hungarian Champion. Nicole Rajicova once again is SLovakian champion, Czech Republic Champion for the first time is Michaela Lucie Hanzlikova! And Elżbieta Gabryszak became also for he first time, a Polish Champion :)

Ivett overall score is promising! Maybe she will fight for top5 at Europeans! :cheer: I checked, and fortunately Hanzlikova does have TES minimum for Europeans, but she doesn't have SP TES for Worlds yet.

hanca

Record Breaker
Very disappointed to see that we only have one Pairs couple competing in the entire event. And that they are only at Advanced Novice level.

I was hoping that Anna Dušková and Martin Bidař would be making an appearance in Senior Pairs this year, having skipped it last year to concentrate on Senior Ladies and Senior Men.

But, if nobody else was entering, I suppose there was no need for them to either.

That said, since they didn't enter Pairs this year, I am surprised Anna didn't take the opportunity to do Senior Ladies again.

But, perhaps a break is what Anna needs, given the difficulties she is having this season.

CaroLiza_fan

I think it is very hard to practice two disciplines, and I hope that Anna decided to stop working on singles and put all her attention to pairs. The bottom line is, the pairs they are competing against are putting all the attention to pairs. If Anna spend even one quarter of her training time doing singles, it will be time they would be missing as a pair. And singles need a bit more than just a quarter of her training time anyway to work on all those triples. If one could get away with training aonly a quarter of the time and get the same results, they wouldn't spend every day so many hours at the rink. So doing two disciplines could mean that she would end up undertrained and not getting any decent result in each of them.

tureis

On the Ice
This was a fabulous event for Ivett! Clean SP and FS, and massive scores! :clap: I thought her FS was especially promising, given how she tends to pop a few jumps, and now finally rotated everything she planned. Really hope she stays on this kind of form for Europeans, and then finally makes the FS at Worlds.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
So the overall champion in Ladies Is Ivett Toth! Congrats! She's obviously once again, a Hungarian Champion. Nicole Rajicova once again is SLovakian champion, Czech Republic Champion for the first time is Michaela Lucie Hanzlikova! And Elżbieta Gabryszak became also for he first time, a Polish Champion :)

Ivett overall score is promising! Maybe she will fight for top5 at Europeans! :cheer: I checked, and fortunately Hanzlikova does have TES minimum for Europeans, but she doesn't have SP TES for Worlds yet.

Unfortunately I'm not so sure the Czech Skating Federation will send her to compete at the Europeans. I'm afraid a little bit they will send Eliška Březinová. Personally I think Hanzlíková is more promising for sure and she should go as she is now the national champion. But who knows, we will see...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Unfortunately I'm not so sure the Czech Skating Federation will send her to compete at the Europeans. I'm afraid a little bit they will send Eliška Březinová. Personally I think Hanzlíková is more promising for sure and she should go as she is now the national champion. But who knows, we will see...

That would be unfair. It's not like Eliska did so well intenationally... And she didn't do well at ISU championships welllast season either. They should give Hanzlikova a chance. But as you say, we will see :)

EDIT: Looked at protocols. Ivett has invalid one spin. And did only two combos, so her clean Free would have even higher TES. Nicole Rajicova popped both of her Lutzes, no wonder the score is so low. Hazlikova also did only two combos, and popped 3T and Eliska also did only two combos and popped 3Lo, so all top4 Ladies could score higher if clean potentailly.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh my god...what happened to Michal? :eek: He fell on his shoulder, couldn't finish his program, couldn't even stand up straight when he got off the ice. Hope it won't be too serious...but I guess Jiri will be the new champion by default?

Not sure why Petr Kotlarek withdrew, either. He was on the ice, then got off. :confused:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh my god...what happened to Michal? :eek: He fell on his shoulder, couldn't finish his program, couldn't even stand up straight when he got off the ice. Hope it won't be too serious...but I guess Jiri will be the new champion by default?

Not sure why Petr Kotlarek withdrew, either. He was on the ice, then got off. :confused:

I had wondered what happened when I saw he WD. I'm so sorry for him :( I hope it's not very serious, wish him quick recovery! Petr WD too, is only confirming that when it rains, it pours. Czech Fedeation is unlucky tonight :(

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think it is very hard to practice two disciplines, and I hope that Anna decided to stop working on singles and put all her attention to pairs. The bottom line is, the pairs they are competing against are putting all the attention to pairs. If Anna spend even one quarter of her training time doing singles, it will be time they would be missing as a pair. And singles need a bit more than just a quarter of her training time anyway to work on all those triples. If one could get away with training aonly a quarter of the time and get the same results, they wouldn't spend every day so many hours at the rink. So doing two disciplines could mean that she would end up undertrained and not getting any decent result in each of them.

Don't worry, I fully agree with what you are saying. But, Anna said at he end of last season that she wanted to continue doing Singles. So that is why I was surprised that she didn't enter.

Let's face it, at last year's Ladies Nationals, Anna should have finished ahead of Eliška. For that matter, so should most of the Czech girls...

But, I'm not going to start that argument up again.

I'm just saying that Anna is good enough to be National Champion in Singles as well as Pairs. And she wouldn't be the first to carry on doing both at the same time (Other high profile skaters to do the double in recent years include Ashley Cain, Julianne Séguin, Giulia Foresti and Anabelle Prölß, who disappeared completely after she got too tall for Pairs.).

I love Anna and Martin. That's why I adopted them. But, after watching them at the Junior GP Final, I do worry that Anna is getting too tall for Pairs.

So, I really hope Martin gets a growth spurt too! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Don't worry, I fully agree with what you are saying. But, Anna said at he end of last season that she wanted to continue doing Singles. So that is why I was surprised that she didn't enter.

Let's face it, at last year's Ladies Nationals, Anna should have finished ahead of Eliška. For that matter, so should most of the Czech girls...

But, I'm not going to start that argument up again.

I'm just saying that Anna is good enough to be National Champion in Singles as well as Pairs. And she wouldn't be the first to carry on doing both at the same time (Other high profile skaters to do the double in recent years include Ashley Cain, Julianne Séguin, Giulia Foresti and Anabelle Prölß, who disappeared completely after she got too tall for Pairs.).

I love Anna and Martin. That's why I adopted them. But, after watching them at the Junior GP Final, I do worry that Anna is getting too tall for Pairs.

So, I really hope Martin gets a growth spurt too! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

I think there was an interview somewhere stating that Anna decided to slow down a bit in singles and dedicate more of her time to pairs - it was not long ago, if I'm not mistaken. And yeah, she going through her growth spurt, but they still competed well in the GPF, they even had the highest BV of all teams, the problem was the execution, but let's hope they get around to fix that too. Just this year they got some very nice twists at the start of the season and in the last competition they got around to getting all their SBS jumps right too, so not all is lost.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Do the Czech dance teams have citizenship issues for participating in the Olympics? Just curious, because I could see the Czech Republic being one of the ten countries that qualifies for the team event if they can send a dance team.

Nirti

Medalist
Hungarian Juniors : results

Junior boys
1 Alexander BOROVOJ HUN 139.81 1 1
2 Máté BÖRÖCZ HUN 123.84 4 2
3 András CSERNOCH HUN 120.93 2 3
4 Tamás SZOBOSZLAI HUN 77.77 5 4
WD Alexander MASZLJANKO HUN

Junior girls
1 Dária JAKAB HUN 119.73 1 1
2 Júlia BÁTORI HUN 103.38 2 2