2016 Nebelhorn Short Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Short Dance

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love Trouble, Love Elvis. Nice dance Ellianna / Alex.

The next couple ... I love her blue 20s dress and headgear for the first half, but then it felt incongruous to me once the swing started, which I associate more with the 40s. Anybody have a comment on that? To me, it adds an element of confusion.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Did anyone else get a Belbin and Agosto vibe from Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT?

I didn't :shrug: To me Belbin and Agosto had their issues but they were generally dynamic- you couldn't take your eyes off them. I felt like it was all too easy to take my eyes off these two...

Of course they are young and a new team, I'm interested to see how they might develop.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I didn't :shrug: To me Belbin and Agosto had their issues but they were generally dynamic- you couldn't take your eyes off them. I felt like it was all too easy to take my eyes off these two...

Of course they are young and a new team, I'm interested to see how they might develop.

I didn't feel the vibe either, but I couldn't get into Belbin and Agosto when they were active in competition....because of Belbin's issues.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
can anyone tell me where to see the list of scores?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I loves these two, and nice to see the do something completely different than last year! So fun!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh. I hate the cover of a beloved Beatles song, which is so much more musical than this version.

However, I have to admit this couple .. German? I missed their names ... really expressed the music well, both with their dancing and their costumes.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It was such a hot dance :) I wonder if judges had any problems with the music tho.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Question. Is Piper and Paul'/ Disco Short dance (minus the blues section) fall under hip hop or swing....

uhh

Medalist
Swing. The ISU definition of swing is really ridiculous - it's basically anything that fits as a style from the 1930s on, which why why they can get away with disco.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Question. Is Piper and Paul'/ Disco Short dance (minus the blues section) fall under hip hop or swing....

It's swing. Very strange one, but still. ISU's explanation what swing is is pretty vague...

humbaba

Final Flight
That was a good score for Pogrebinsky/Benoit. IIRC, Hubbel/Donohue only scored 64+ in the SD at Salt Lake City last week. If this keeps up, ice dance at US nationals will be very interesting this season.

Mattieu

Medalist
That was a good score for Pogrebinsky/Benoit. IIRC, Hubbel/Donohue only scored 64+ in the SD at Salt Lake City last week. If this keeps up, ice dance at US nationals will be very interesting this season.

You can't really compare scores across competitions.