2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

andromache

Record Breaker
So....whoever makes the GPF is going to have some pretty wonky placements, right? S/B and D/F might not be totally out of it.

Z/E have to contend with T/M, S/M, and J/C in France...

So let's assume D/R, S/M, Y/Z all make it. Depending on how everything else goes, you might end up with some pairs who might not have great results but still get in anyway, like any of T/M, Z/E, P/J, D/F, S/B....

Sunny Little

On the Ice
Um.. it would look that way from where you are. He was howling and doing that talking thing shepherds do and he wouldn't stop and he kept give me his paw until I said "You have to wait. I'll make you scrambled eggs when it's over." and he huffed and went away. He'll be back if he thinks I'm procrastinating.

He's a super smart dog. Don't ever get a super smart dog. Get an obedient dog. Oy Vey.

I like reading about your dog's shenanigans. :agree:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I kind of figured there will be at least one Russian pair on podium, but didn't expect two. Congrats to S/M, at least they didn't spoil predicitons :p

Berton/Hotarek usually went cleaner than M/H, especially on 3Tw, but I think M/H have potential, they're just headcasey too much. Anyway congrats on 4th place finish, after last place at SA, this is nice :)

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Next GP event I think I'm going to put all the names into a randomizer and post those as my predictions. I have just as much chance at winning at this rate :p

(Hey, I won a March Madness NCAA basketball bracket contest picking based on which mascots I like better)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Oh my...Julianne and Charlie...sigh. The pairs result at Skate America was a surprise, and then another surprise came with a silver for Yu/Zhang, and then the unexpected result here. Though I'm just happy for Aliona & Bruno's gold and Kristina & Alexei's first Grand Prix medal.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Cracky pairs Z/E and A/R got medals! This is not bad. :) But I more happy for Alyona! You rulz girl! :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Anyone please send Mozer team their favourite playlist, I bet it can't be worse than whatever she is using for her teams OMG!!!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
But I more happy for Alyona! You rulz girl! :love:

I'd love to see if Robin is congratulating her now! (are they still on good terms? after all they've been through together). Anyway, I just love her fearlessness.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
I have a very soft spot for A/R. I'm glad they medalled. Hope they clean up their jumps and make team for Euros

andromache

Record Breaker
I'd love to see if Robin is congratulating her now! (are they still on good terms? after all they've been through together). Anyway, I just love her fearlessness.

Next week is another round of Robin versus Aliona! (i.e., T/M versus S/M - I think Aliona has emerged victorious every time.)

estla

Rinkside
I wouldn't say so. They seem rather cold to each other off the ice.

Lota

Record Breaker
Ok, so my take-away from this competition is:
- No one is really solid/clean yet.
- Expect the unexpected (sorry S/B :( )
- Never underestimate lower-tier Russian pairs (great job, Z/E :agree: )
- R/W are my new-found favourites (that could use a better FP) :love:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Um.. it would look that way from where you are. He was howling and doing that talking thing shepherds do and he wouldn't stop and he kept give me his paw until I said "You have to wait. I'll make you scrambled eggs when it's over." and he huffed and went away. He'll be back if he thinks I'm procrastinating.

He's a super smart dog. Don't ever get a super smart dog. Get an obedient dog. Oy Vey.

:laugh: how old is he?

Meoima

Match Penalty
:noshake: I am still lamenting about Mozer's choices of horrible music for her teams.

glorybox6

Final Flight
GPF odds how I see them. It looks very likely lots of pairs might end up around 24 points.

definitely in:
D/R
S/M

very strong chances:
Y/Z (need to podium in CHN)
I/M (need 1st or 2nd in CHN)
T/M (need 1st or 2nd in FRA)

on the bubble:
Z/E (need to podium in FRA)
J/C (have to win FRA)
S/B
P/J (haven’t skated yet, JPN is a weak field)
D/F (need several of the above teams to bomb seriously in second assignments for their 22 points to get them there)

slider11

Medalist
Quite the pairs competition. Aliona is the consummate professional and came through (except for the splat at the end!) I do miss her with Robin. Bruno seems like a big, strong, nice enough fellow but I don't get the same chemistry. They showed Robin in the audience with a little smile at the end - I don't think it was done in a nasty way because she fell but more like- that's pairs - she tried! Natailia and Alex seem like they have potential but silver in the GP seems extreme. Same with Kristina and Alexei. The SP saved both of them. Too bad for Val and Ondrej. I like this program -edgy and sophisticated. I think Sky Fall and Mission Impossible are good connectors. They were definitely podium material without the falls. Julianne and Charlie don't seem to be embraced by this eastern european panel. I can see that their youth and less sophisticated style is not being rewarded. They did not skate well but I thought better than 5th place. Canadian ice dance and pairs are showing lots of promise!Julianne and Charlie ahve lots of time to grow.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
That camera team, or the director is stirring up trouble. Immediately showing Robin after S/M's performance. Even with the mistakes they were miles ahead, imho. The quality of the elements just overshadowed the others. But then this was a weak field, and they had too many mistakes for me personally to really enjoy that. So I hope they can improve to stay in the running. So far I see D/R as the next champs. But who knows....

reneerose

Final Flight
So....whoever makes the GPF is going to have some pretty wonky placements, right? S/B and D/F might not be totally out of it.

Z/E have to contend with T/M, S/M, and J/C in France...

So let's assume D/R, S/M, Y/Z all make it. Depending on how everything else goes, you might end up with some pairs who might not have great results but still get in anyway, like any of T/M, Z/E, P/J, D/F, S/B....

Thanks for making feel better. I feel so sad for Julianne and Charlie today.