2016 Trophée de France Pairs SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs SP

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Can I just say that I'm really proud of all of you who have posted in this thread. We are sixteen pages in and I've yet to see the terms "Kaetlyn Osmond", "Skate Canada" and "inflation" used. I think this might be a new record for this year's GP threads discussing any discipline.

:rofl:

You mean Skate Chanada, right? :drama:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yuzu wuzzrobbed! Patrick Chan, professional hamburglar!

:laugh:

Ok I swear I'm done.

I am not fond of reopening old wounds (this time they are fresh though) but he really wuzrobbed :slink: Not sure what the score really should have been, but the bias was too glaring not to ignore this time around :drama: I did not commented or followed men at Skate Chanada in FS but after watchinG and analysis protocols I found out on my own that it really looks fishy and embarassing. :palmf:

Last edited:

eta

Medalist
Yuzu wuzzrobbed! Patrick Chan, professional hamburglar!

:laugh:

Ok I swear I'm done.

I just want to say that while I think Yuzu was robbed, I'm not putting the blame on Chan. It was obviously the judges who have problems :palmf:

LRK

Record Breaker
Tarasova/Morozov have a fun swing program, but it's got to be tough going right before Savchenko/Massot. T/M are almost automatically at a disadvantage just because they don't have Aliona. :love: How on earth did she stop herself from falling on that 3A?

Better before than after.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Natalia :love:and Alexander:love:

These two see their chance, with V/T and S/k out ... and they are seizing it, gorgeously. Bravo.

oh so s and k are out for the year too. wow russia is devastated. their top three teams really are out - i mean lets face it k and s are coming back still and with age it seems they aren't dong too well

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh so s and k are out for the year too. wow russia is devastated. their top three teams really are out - i mean lets face it k and s are coming back still and with age it seems they aren't dong too well

Are S/K out for the year now? I was just talking about making their statement in the GP series. I thought S/K were planning for Russian nationals.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
When the place isn't full, in France they tend to just not open a side of the stands.

Don't ask me why, because I have no idea, but that's the way it is (even if I don't think it's a good idea).

It takes away some of the magic feel with so few in the audience. I know some shows -live plays- on purposely hire people to fill it up to create mood and spread the fire and emotion of the play. Well in France they didn't need to open the side of the stands for sure - maybe they would had the world known Aliona's side of her dress was opening lol

QuadThrow

Medalist
The two Russian pairs did great job. If it stays this way they will both reach the GPF.

Tarasova/Morozov really get to their maximum. Great stuff. Now they are definitly world class.

S/M program is just fab. And did not really received the levels.

1. Only level 2 twist.
2. Level 3 at the the lift
3. One mistake at the spin

They missed around 2 points only with these elements not mentioning the axel! So much room.

They were really focused on the SBS today.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
This was a very quick short programme. Despite the small field it was a decent competition.

Very close at the top. Even with a flawed 3ThA S/M are in the lead, just about. Again I enjoyed the programme, it has a dance vibe to it, but I did feel could see the axel coming they really were preparing for it. A bit generous on PCS, I'm not sure any of the sections should be above 9, one judge gave a 10 for composition.

I like this new style from T/M, it definitely is a step in the right direction. A sky high triple twist, great solo jumps and a great throw. I felt it lost a bit in the step sequence (Lv4) and ended with out of sync spins. A new SB and right behind the Germans. I'm interested to see how what they will do in the Free, the missed 4Tw in SA really affected the rest of the performance. Not Z/E's biggest fan but I really liked their performances last week and I felt the short was even better here. Cool and clinical but lacking in the emotion/feeling, still the crowd gave it a good reaction. First time to break 70.

J/C had a decent performance on home soil, still some errors but not far of their best. I didn't like the choice of music, I didn't think their performance matched it. I much prefer their long, hopefully they skate well tomorrow. I don't want to see Morgan being stroppy in the K&C again. C/T terrible music with some errors, I don't see them making the US team. I enjoyed the Austrians but as always not everything seems to work for them, they do certainly push the tech though.

Again S/M are the favourites but I would like to see T/M push them for the victory.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am not fond of reopening old wounds (this time they are fresh though) but he really wuzrobbed :slink: Not sure what the score really should have been, but the bias was too glaring not to ignore this time around :drama: I did not commented or followed men at Skate Chanada in FS but after watchinG and analysis protocols I found out on my own that it really looks fishy and embarassing. :palmf:

I am not sure how we got here - but I am not surprised Like there are certain skaters/teams that generally get a huge boost on this website ie. Kostner, Hanyu, Mao, Yuna, and some who get picked on moreso Chan, Duhamel and Radford. Yes, we all know Chan is evil, Satan incarnate, villainous yada yada yada and yuzuru can do no wrong. It is not even so much the judging. Really f we were to be fair Chan is the VICTIM because this scoring system really does not appreciate his gfits in pcs - too little differentiation and there i such a huge emphasis on jumps and quads where a fall is still worth a lot.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
aWermarked compared to Chan and we have seen that when he did that splat fest after the accident last year and the list goes on. It just seems sometimes that if it is your skater you like or someone catches on to what they feel is unfair it is blown up because that person has a very loud voice or pen lol. I mean shouldn't there be a louder outrage about Scott hamilton just because he is likeable winning the gold over Orser in 1984. B and S in many minds were salt lakified against the Canadians in 2001 worlds. What about Witt's win in 1988 so many ladies had better fs but only one managed to overcome Witt's persona/reputation. Or how she could have been lower in the sp - either way she shouldn't have won gold and Manley "wuz robbed". An argument could be made V and M were robbed gold in Sochi let alone Yuna. An argument could easily be made that Hanyu was way overmarked in the sp at Skate Canada as some could easily conclude hiss skating had little if anything to do witht he music. Besides the only people who truly wuz robbed are Americans who got Trumpified. (Though perhaps they caused that situation themselves) Maybe on this day in Canada and the US and wherever else when we should be thankful for our freedoms and peace and hope that we should be thinking truly of those who "wuz robbed" and stop our pettiness.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The two Russian pairs did great job. If it stays this way they will both reach the GPF.

Tarasova/Morozov really get to their maximum. Great stuff. Now they are definitly world class.

S/M program is just fab. And did not really received the levels.

1. Only level 2 twist.
2. Level 3 at the the lift
3. One mistake at the spin

They missed around 2 points only with these elements not mentioning the axel! So much room.

They were really focused on the SBS today.

its kind of scarey their marks. i agree they are good but they do not deserve over 80 if clean. their pcs are too generous - his edges and skating are not of he quality of her. i give full credit for their twists and elements are amazing - she is a tiger. i do believe they will get the triple axel but at what cost. it cuts into the program and such sometimes it would be irony after all the dumping of nations and partners if this team wins oly bronze or fourth. But i think they have all the lu ck in the world. Everyone else is crumbling the Russians are down to their fourth team. The Canadians aren't liked and S and B are too new and developing. The Americans are meh. The Chinese are rebuilding as teams or from injury. The italians have not been able to make their mark. The j udges really seem to love s and m maybe more than they deserve. S and \m for oly and world gold.

QuadThrow

Medalist
its kind of scarey their marks. i agree they are good but they do not deserve over 80 if clean. their pcs are too generous - his edges and skating are not of he quality of her. i give full credit for their twists and elements are amazing - she is a tiger. i do believe they will get the triple axel but at what cost. it cuts into the program and such sometimes it would be irony after all the dumping of nations and partners if this team wins oly bronze or fourth. But i think they have all the lu ck in the world. Everyone else is crumbling the Russians are down to their fourth team. The Canadians aren't liked and S and B are too new and developing. The Americans are meh. The Chinese are rebuilding as teams or from injury. The italians have not been able to make their mark. The j udges really seem to love s and m maybe more than they deserve. S and \m for oly and world gold.

Oh. I do think they deserve 80 points when they are clean, because the PCS were okay today. One point more than D/R in skate canada. The structure of the program is superb and the expression during the steps are gorgeous

They missed the 80 at the TES with little mistakes.

The judges loved D/R the last years but now another pair is comming and the judges are reserved and look what will come.

LadyB

Record Breaker

Are S/K out for the year now? I was just talking about making their statement in the GP series. I thought S/K were planning for Russian nationals.

Latest news: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20161111/1112107081.html
Moser says they've been training off the ice and on Tuesday, Ksenia will put on her skates for the first time again. They'll train for a week and on November 21, the team and everyone involved will decide whether it makes sense to go to Russian Nationals. She said that their ultimate goal is obviously the Olympics.
It sounds worrying, as I'm not sure whether they could go to Europeans without taking part in the Nationals or any other comp so far, especially with other teams performing so well. Fingers crossed, I want to see them back, but health comes first.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
As for today, I'm very happy with T/M and Z/E's performances. Especially T/M were really great and put on a good show. I wish them all the best in the future. Hopefully, they have a better run tomorrow than at SA.
I really feel sorry for C/T, I wish someone could help them to get a better international standing.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I'm really liking Z/E :luv17: Their shaping up beautifully as a team although like T/M I wish they had a coaching team that was more inspired :eek::

Looking at their partner history looks like 5th time is the charm for both of them :laugh: A lesson to all pair skaters.......NEVER GIVE UP!!! :biggrin: