2016 World Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 61 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Pairs Free Skate

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Underwhelmed...really? Well, go back and watch "the rest" of the field, excluding your favs, with an open mind coldblueeyes. Such as the other Canadians (2 personal bests), the younger Russians (personal best) the Germans (personal best), Chinese (personal best) , before making such a ridiculous observations. :palmf:

The teams you mentioned do nothing for me. I am happy for them and their results, but it doesn't change how I feel about what I saw in the afternoon.

And you missed my point already a fourth time. An opinion is not a ridiculous observation just because you don't agree with it. In fact, my opinion is just about my vision of the competition, the pairs and the sport. I was underwhelmed by the competition, and nothing you say will change it.

I don't think this conversation is amounting to anything. It's better put it to rest.

Senru

Spectator
Different topic but does anyone know if Dylan is injured? It looked like his shoulder was taped and I noticed they took out their lunge lifts in both the short and the free. He also looked exhausted and sore at the end of their LP.

Quoted from a post from fsuniverse "...He has a pretty significant hip injury..."

I guess yes Dylan is injured.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Big difference is that Salchow, Henie, and Rodnina also won Olympics. And also they are remembered not for winning 10 Worlds. I side with people who say that Olympic title is technically more for the books even if it's a fluke. it's better to be Sarah Hughes than Kimmie Miessner.

I will trade you Sarah Hughes or Annette Potzsch (google her whatif), for Joannie Rochette and Liz Manley, any day! Joannie and Liz are by far, living legends of our time for their on/off ice accomplishments.

Last edited:

ChemNerd

Spectator
Love your name ChemNerd! Welcome to the forum!

I feel like your username means we should be friends. Welcome.

Thanks for the welcomes. :) Chemistry66 - apparently I need to post 10 times before I can PM you and we can share chem stories. Guess I should get to posting.

Bummer that Dylan is in fact injured, but good for him for gutting it out. All the more impressive that they finished 7th. So happy for them!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
The teams you mentioned do nothing for me. I am happy for them and their results, but it doesn't change how I feel about what I saw in the afternoon.

And you missed my point already a fourth time. An opinion is not a ridiculous observation just because you don't agree with it. In fact, my opinion is just about my vision of the competition, the pairs and the sport. I was underwhelmed by the competition, and nothing you say will change it.

I don't think this conversation is amounting to anything. It's better put it to rest.

You are correct ...I too, am underwhelmed as your arguments have no validation, based on what took place today. Enjoy your "fall". In the interim, being that you are a beachside critic, perhaps your opinions might be best understood in a topic more familiar, like soccer or Aussie Rules Football...just a thought. ;)

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
You are correct ...I too, am underwhelmed as your arguments have no validation, based on what took place today. Enjoy your "fall". In the interim, being that you are a beachside critic, perhaps your opinions might be better used in a topic more familiar like soccer or Aussie Rules Football...just a thought. ;)

The entitlement of your answer is as big as the distance between Australia and where I live.

Fifth time, still having problems with comprehension.

This is turning into a drinking game. Let me get a glass.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
The entitlement of your answer is as big as the distance between Australia and where I live.

Fifth time, still having problems with comprehension.

This is turning into a drinking game. Let me get a glass.

Yes, I suspected as much. I hear your "Fosters" are to die for. This explains the lack of a "comprehension" and a real argument that, rather than, the facts mean nothing as per your earlier postings, as a defence. It is just a a tad simplistic/predictable and not based on, ...reality.

Time to move on as I am done like a shrimp on the barbie - enjoy the beach, and of course, cheers!

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Yes, I suspected as much. I hear your "Fosters" are to die for. This explains the lack of a "comprehension" and a real argument that, the facts mean nothing, as per your earlier postings, as defence. It is just a a tad simplistic/predictable and not based on, ...fact.

Time to move on as I am done like a shrimp on the barbie - enjoy the beach, and of course, cheers!

The fact that this is your sixth answer and you still didn't get that I'm not trying to undermine the importance of the competition, didn't said the results weren't fair and didn't even try to make it seem like anyone "wuzrobbed". Because that didn't happen. I just didn't have any connection with the podium contenders, how they skate and the programs they present, and that's how I feel. Not to talk about the disappointment of seeing my favorite skaters not doing good. And this is as far as it goes.

Just because I think it was underwhelming you don't need to justify the entire competition because of my opinion. And it's not an argument, it's an OPINION. I'm not trying to prove it to you that it was something or other. I'm just saying and stating over and over again that it was my personal statement of how the competition went. And that's it.

And I still don't live anywhere near Australia. ;)

gabriele

On the Ice
FWIW, Meghan is a vegetarian, so she is an animal lover (major respect in my book).

Vegan, I believe. She studied something along the lines of health/nutrition. But still, kudos. And congratulations. I respect her for sharing their struggles so openly and finally coming through.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
The fact that this is your sixth answer and you still didn't get that I'm not trying to undermine the importance of the competition, didn't said the results weren't fair and didn't even try to make it seem like anyone "wuzrobbed". Because that didn't happen. I just didn't have any connection with the podium contenders, how they skate and the programs they present, and that's how I feel. Not to talk about the disappointment of seeing my favorite skaters not doing good. And this is as far as it goes.

Just because I think it was underwhelming you don't need to justify the entire competition because of my opinion. And it's not an argument, it's an OPINION. I'm not trying to prove it to you that it was something or other. I'm just saying and stating over and over again that it was my personal statement of how the competition went. And that's it.

And I still don't live anywhere near Australia. ;)

Simply put ...the world of skating, is not about one opinion, or your unquestionable bias-ism. If you did not like the results, so be it. For the millions of fans that did - well done, everyone.

Speaking of done...see ya!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Underwhelmed...really? Well, go back and watch "the rest" of the field, excluding your favs, with an open mind coldblueeyes. Such as the other Canadians (2 personal bests), the younger Russians (personal best) the Germans (personal best), Chinese (personal best) , before making such a ridiculous observations. :palmf:

To some people, "underwhelming competition" = "who I wanted to win didn't win, and who I didn't want to win won". :rolleye:

QMATTERS

Rinkside
Of the four disciplines, the pairs was disappointing. For me, there wasn't anyone that grabbed my attention. I wish I could find my Gordeeva/Grinkov. This point system is not helpful. That is just how I feel.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
So, with hindsight eyes.... did Sui/Han need that quad throw? If they had done a marvelous throw triple with marvelous GOE, would that have been enough?

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Omg, what I would have given to see the sour looks on the faces of D/R haters. I'll be sure to keenly check the video replays to see stank McKayla Maroney not-impressed faces surrounded by a sea of standing ovationers. :laugh:

Of course you would say D/R were "allowed" to win. It's not like the Canadians skated cleanly or anything, with the greatest difficulty (highest BV in both programs).

Sui and Han did allow them to win. Just like Yuzu allowed Javi to win. Don't be ridiculous.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nobody allows anyone to win... the winner needs to take it....

your yuzu example : if Javi didn't skate perfectly, he would have lost... Patrick had a poor skate, he didn't win...

Sui and Han had mistakes.... well D/R didn't make a single mistake.... where was Max? turning out.

Do not discredit world champions who skated flawlessly for taking the victory.... I could potentially understand if EVERYONE had made mistakes, and the champions are the ones who made less... but it's not the case this year... all Champions skated brilliantly.

I can understand your frustration going to worlds to see you faves falter but come on... don't be so bitter, it only makes you sound like another hating troll.
Sui and Han did allow them to win. Just like Yuzu allowed Javi to win. Don't be ridiculous.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
nobody allows anyone to win... the winner needs to take it....

your yuzu example : if Javi didn't skate perfectly, he would have lost... Patrick had a poor skate, he didn't win...

Sui and Han had mistakes.... well D/R didn't make a single mistake.... where was Max? turning out.

Take it because it was presented. Do not discredit world champions who skated flawlessly for taking the victory.... I could potentially understand if EVERYONE had made mistakes, and the champions are the ones who made less... but it's not the case this year... all Champions skated brilliantly.

I can understand your frustration going to worlds to see you faves falter but come on... don't be so bitter, it only makes you sound like another hating troll.

I'll express my feelings however I want. It wouldn't matter if I were there or not. I'm getting over it because even legends make mistakes. Of course the ice conditions and Denis situations certainly did not help. Clean superior skater - wins. Disastrous superior skater - allows less superior clean skater to win. It's as simple as that. There is absolutely no way D/R are a superior pair to Sui and Han, StolKlim and V/T. It was a shame mistakes were made and unfortunately a trick team with little respect for the discipline won. The components were too high in both segments (should've been UNDER V/T after the SP) and should have been under 150 in the free skate. No transitions, lots of two footed skating, no interpretation. I will give her credit on the lift positions, though, as some of those have improved.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'll express my feelings however I want. It wouldn't matter if I were there or not. I'm getting over it because even legends make mistakes. Of course the ice conditions and Denis situations certainly did not help. Clean superior skater - wins. Disastrous superior skater - allows less superior clean skater to win. It's as simple as that. There is absolutely no way D/R are a superior pair to Sui and Han, StolKlim and V/T. It was a shame mistakes were made and unfortunately a trick team with little respect for the discipline won. The components were too high in both segments (should've been UNDER V/T after the SP) and should have been under 150 in the free skate. No transitions, lots of two footed skating, no interpretation. I will give her credit on the lift positions, though, as some of those have improved.

wow... you are scaring me with such comments. i leave you to your lalaland