2016 Worlds website is live; all-event tix on sale Nov 3 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds website is live; all-event tix on sale Nov 3 2014

noskates

Record Breaker
Sorry, can't answer your question about only being there from Thursday on. Maybe you can find this year's Worlds and see how the events were scheduled. Or try calling the Skating Club of Boston and see if they have any idea of the schedule yet.

We finally heard about our tickets and we're in the 16th row a bit left of center - AND we got 2 aisle seats which is what we asked for. Very pleased. Once we got past the website probably crashing the first day the tickets went on sale and the frustration of that, it was smooth sailing.

love4skating

Spectator
All the seats in the lower bowl at the TD GARDEN offered by the organizers committee are SOLD OUT! Only balcony seats are now available. The only way to sit in the lower bowl now is to go with one of the overpriced tour groups. I'm glad I bit the bullet and shelled out the money for all event tickets the morning they went on sale. The organizers gave me the exact seats I requested. Well worth dealing with the website troubles.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Not good for me, since I haven't bought tickets, but how great is that for the sport :cheer:

flutzy13

On the Ice
All the seats in the lower bowl at the TD GARDEN offered by the organizers committee are SOLD OUT! Only balcony seats are now available. The only way to sit in the lower bowl now is to go with one of the overpriced tour groups. I'm glad I bit the bullet and shelled out the money for all event tickets the morning they went on sale. The organizers gave me the exact seats I requested. Well worth dealing with the website troubles.

This is great news for the sport but I have a hard time believing it unless the vast majority of lower bowl seats are being reserved for single ticket purchasers. The lower bowl at last year's Nationals in an Olympic year was nowhere near sold out except for the Ladies and maybe Mens' finals and Worlds is still well over a year away and hasn't really been promoted to the general non skating fan public.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I do hope there are still lower bowl seats available for the Ladies event (the only way I'd consider going).

pitterpatter

On the Ice
It's tough to plan so far ahead, and its serious money to be putting down this far in advance. Has anyone ever had the experience of purchasing Worlds tickets but ultimately not being able to attend? What recourse is available (if any?) Do they allow refunds, or are tickets at least transferable?

love4skating

Spectator
It's tough to plan so far ahead, and its serious money to be putting down this far in advance. Has anyone ever had the experience of purchasing Worlds tickets but ultimately not being able to attend? What recourse is available (if any?) Do they allow refunds, or are tickets at least transferable?

I know, ticket prices for the event are insane but I learned from LA. I waited until single session tickets went on sale and only nosebleed seats were available. Generally no ticket seller issues refunds for any type of event for any reason. I had AWESOME lower bowl for London Ontario in 2013 (3rd row center ice) but could not because of a family emergency and couldn't get a refund. But i listed them on a ticket resale website two weeks before the event. Not only did I sell them in 5 hours I made two thousand dollars more then I paid. The Japanese are figure skating fanatics and will shell out thousands to attend an event no matter where it is. At this years worlds (2014) all 18,000 seats in the Saitama super arena were full for each event. As long as skating has a huge Japanese following reselling tickets for Worlds shouldn't be difficult.

Last edited:

love4skating

Spectator
This is great news for the sport but I have a hard time believing it unless the vast majority of lower bowl seats are being reserved for single ticket purchasers. The lower bowl at last year's Nationals in an Olympic year was nowhere near sold out except for the Ladies and maybe Mens' finals and Worlds is still well over a year away and hasn't really been promoted to the general non skating fan public.

Yes, I was at Nationals and ticket sales for the event were poor. That is true for every US nationals and even the grand prix events. Worlds is an entirely different ball game. I have gone to 6 Worlds, all of which I bought the tickets myself and not dealt with a tour company. 5 of which I opted to get the all event tickets and bought them the day the went on sale. All of which had the lower bowl seating sell out within a week or two. Figure skating is huge in Japan. The 2014 worlds was held in one of Japan's largest arenas where all 18,000 were filled for every event. One of the 2016 Worlds organizers said that the primary reason the website and credit card processor crashed was because the web traffic from Japan was so overwhelming. In conclusion, it's not surprising to me the lower bowl at the TD Garden is already sold out.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I was at Nationals and ticket sales for the event were poor. That is true for every US nationals and even the grand prix events. Worlds is an entirely different ball game. I have gone to 6 Worlds, all of which I bought the tickets myself and not dealt with a tour company. 5 of which I opted to get the all event tickets and bought them the day the went on sale. All of which had the lower bowl seating sell out within a week or two. Figure skating is huge in Japan. The 2014 worlds was held in one of Japan's largest arenas where all 18,000 were filled for every event. One of the 2016 Worlds organizers said that the primary reason the website and credit card processor crashed was because the web traffic from Japan was so overwhelming. In conclusion, it's not surprising to me the lower bowl at the TD Garden is already sold out.

Maybe the lower bowl for the all-event tickets are sold out. Maybe there's just a few left for single session tickets *fingers crossed.*

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
FWIW, having been at TD Garden for Nationals --- the upper areas aren't that bad for viewing. So if you have to wait until single ticket sales, you should be able to get a upper level seat and not suffer too much, viewing wise.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I know, ticket prices for the event are insane but I learned from LA. I waited until single session tickets went on sale and only nosebleed seats were available.

Well....sigh. :sarcasm:

I guess I'll wait it out and see. At the right price and the right seats, I'll go. But it was just too much $$$ to commit to up front for something so far in advance...

ETA: Is it actually sold out, though? I went to the website and the system still allows you to purchase tickets in that row... :unsure:

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
Definitely had to bite the bullet and purchase the ticket for something so far in the future. Because of the fiasco with the website on opening day, I got an okay seat but not the greatest. I know they would probably have to keep a few seats available for single session, but I know I will be a little miffed if I see seats better than mine(closer to the rink) empty. I do hope they get snatched up rather than unsold.

charmblade

Final Flight
I bought first-row balcony seats because that's what I could afford and the view from there is not bad. I will probably do what I did at Nationals though and move down to the lower sections if there are lots of empty seats (probably won't be able to for all competitions, especially ladies, but that's ok). I'm super excited and I wish it wasn't a year and a half away...

Rita Hsieh

Rinkside
I really want to know is it better to have seat at the middle section? I'm considering to move from section 12 to section 13...