2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 236 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Sofia Akatieva (10 years old), Team Tutberidze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lAc429XnBM
Landing 3Lz+3T, 2A+3T(rippon) and other triples. Visibly tired in the end, but what a content for a 10 year old!
7 triples on the second half.

Rotates her triples faster than Trusova rotates her quad, also.

Only the combo 3Ts needed to make use of the 90 degree leniency, the others were all fully around and some she actually needed to stop rotating early in order to not go over.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am really sad that all the "Buyanova's influence on federation" and "CSKA effect" talk has been overshadowing Maria's success in this thread. Please try to see her success, and stop talking like her place at the olympic team only depends on her team or coach's power. Maria is clearly one of the most successful skater in the world right now. She doesn't need anything but skate like her usual self to get into the podium at Russian nationals this week!

moriel

Record Breaker
I am really sad that all the "Buyanova's influence on federation" and "CSKA effect" talk has been overshadowing Maria's success in this thread. Please try to see her success, and stop talking like her place at the olympic team only depends on her team or coach's power. Maria is clearly one of the most successful skater in the world right now. She doesn't need anything but skate like her usual self to get into the podium at Russian nationals this week!

She does not need any influence to get into the Oly team for sure.
I think at this point, most of the Buyanova influence discussions are randomly produced when people say that Buyanova could pick Elena over Maria to get into the Olympic team (which makes no sense)

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Who is Tatiana?

As for team Buyanova, I´m pretty sure that Buyanova will put all her influence to send one of her girls to Olys, and it will be Masha, since she has better prospects. Whatever Buyanova's personal preferences are, I´m sure she will send whoever has better chances to bring a medal home.

Tbh I think Buyanova wants Sotskova to go to the Olys now, and is working with Lena for long term success. Good luck to both!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Tbh I think Buyanova wants Sotskova to go to the Olys now, and is working with Lena for long term success. Good luck to both!
Radionova over Sotskova for long term success? I'm kind of confused, I just can't see the logic in that. Sotskova even is younger.

Well, I guess you meant that she's working with Radionova as well... I see.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Radionova over Sotskova for long term success? I'm kind of confused, I just can't see the logic in that. Sotskova even is younger.

No I mean she wants to work with Radionova for long term because she knows Maria is already long term ready

Shayuki

Record Breaker
No I mean she wants to work with Radionova for long term because she knows Maria is already long term ready

Aah, that makes sense, I guess. Though in Russia's landscape, Radionova is just about ripe for retirement... Which is pretty crazy to think about. I still clearly remember her senior GP debut as a 13-year-old.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
It's interesting that Eteri says "Sasha" and "Alina", but "Tsurskaya" and "Kostornaya". I wonder if it's accidental or means something about the degree of closeness.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's interesting that Eteri says "Sasha" and "Alina", but "Tsurskaya" and "Kostornaya". I wonder if it's accidental or means something about the degree of closeness.

Alyona may sound too close to Alina or Anna. And maybe when Polina joined it was too soon after Shelepen left and she didn’t want to go there :laugh: I don’t know...just throwing things out there.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Alyona may sound too close to Alina or Anna. And maybe when Polina joined it was too soon after Shelepen left and she didn’t want to go there :laugh: I don’t know...just throwing things out there.
Alina and Alyona sound quite different to the Russian ear, Anya even more so. But it may be nothing. I know Eteri and Evgenia have a close relationship, the rest of the girls maybe are about the same to her.

russianfan

Match Penalty

may be it has something to do with the fact that Sasha and Alina are winning everything this season, but Polina and Alyona are not :laugh:
Eteri is so evil, she doesn't even want to call you by name if you don't win everything :biggrin:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
may be it has something to do with the fact that Sasha and Alina are winning everything this season, but Polina and Alyona are not :laugh:
Eteri is so evil, she doesn't even want to call you by name if you don't win everything :biggrin:
I don't think Eteri is evil :dev3: but she does prefer winners and simply spends more time on them. Although Kostornaya is new and Polina has been sort of on the periphery due to her illness (and were they ever close?). So that may be the reason. If it's not just accidental as I have said. Other Russian coaches seem to refer to their students by their first names, that's why it made me wonder.