2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 237 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

madison

Record Breaker
I don't think Eteri is evil :dev3: but she does prefer winners and simply spends more time on them. Although Kostornaya is new and Polina has been sort of on the periphery due to her illness (and were they ever close?). So that may be the reason. If it's not just accidental as I have said. Other Russian coaches seem to refer to their students by their first names, that's why it made me wonder.

Knowing Eteri I don't think it's accidental.
I recall that I read some time ago that when she wasn't happy with a boy's skating she used to call him using the feminine version of his name. :biggrin:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Knowing Eteri I don't think it's accidental.
I recall that I read some time ago that when she wasn't happy with a boy's skating she used to call him using the feminine version of his name. :biggrin:

I hope it's not true, otherwise Eteri is a bully!

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Also, it's so hard not to pronounce Alyona's last name "KosTORnaya" which would be more natural in Russian (it's actually "KostorNAya"). And PanenKOva. I wish they would put stress marks on them or something.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I hope it's not true, otherwise Eteri is a bully!
Yes, Eteri said in her interview that if boys cannot move past girls' jump content she calls them girls' names. She is not someone who carefully chooses her language in order not to offend somebody.

madison

Record Breaker
Yes, Eteri said in her interview that if boys cannot move past girls' jump content she calls them girls' names. She is not someone who carefully chooses her language in order not to offend somebody.

Eteri is something lol :))))
I can imagine how much she laughed, in her private space, about Voronov, a man around 30 years old, coming with her mother to training and then told everything to the journalists. :hap10:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
ok i've got one more theory... you see fruits on the floor? i bet thats the food for all of them for the entire week, thats why they seem so happy, they finally allowed to eat something! :biggrin: important moment for them, thats why they made a photo

No carbs? That's indeed torture.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Eteri is something lol :))))
I can imagine how much she laughed, in her private space, about Voronov, a man around 30 years old, coming with her mother to training and then told everything to the journalists. :hap10:
But see, this is kind of odd. Why didn't she say something to him instead of complaining afterwards to a journalist? I can only imagine TAT in such a situation and what would have happened to Voronov if he'd tried something like that. She wouldn't care how old he is. Eteri's students keep saying that to work in her group you need to be self-motivated, she isn't interested in pushing those who may not already be so. And some people need to be pushed at least at some point in their lives. Maybe boys more so.

tars

Record Breaker
ok i've got one more theory... you see fruits on the floor? i bet thats the food for all of them for the entire week, thats why they seem so happy, they finally allowed to eat something! :biggrin: important moment for them, thats why they made a photo
- Tsurskaya! Kostornaya! Take the apple, one half each! :angry2:
- Zhenya, have the grapes my dear... :love::console::love:

madison

Record Breaker
But see, this is kind of odd. Why didn't she say something to him instead of complaining afterwards to a journalist? I can only imagine TAT in such a situation and what would have happened to Voronov if he'd tried something like that. She wouldn't care how old he is. Eteri's students keep saying that to work in her group you need to be self-motivated, she isn't interested in pushing those who may not already be so. And some people need to be pushed at least at some point in their lives. Maybe boys more so.

Yes, maybe that's the reason she doesn't have success with the boys. Even this season Erokhov seemed favourite to win junior GPF and he bombed. It's clear that her psychological approach doesn't work for boys in the same way as with her girls.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Yes, maybe that's the reason she doesn't have success with the boys. Even this season Erokhov seemed favourite to win junior GPF and he bombed. It's clear that her psychological approach doesn't work for boys in the same way as with her girls.
please, name any senior or junior boy who has never bombed any competition...
I would really like to see this miracle.

madison

Record Breaker
please, name any senior or junior boy who has never bombed any competition...
I would really like to see this miracle.

What I wanted to say is that Eteri doesn't have the same success with the boys as with the girls. In my opinion, the reason for that is her psychological approach which works for girls, but not with boys.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
What I wanted to say is that Eteri doesn't have the same success with the boys as with the girls. In my opinion, the reason for that is her psychological approach which works for girls, but not with boys.

Well, also, girls have been exposed to far more competition with actual consequences from an early age so they just tend to have become far stronger mentally than the boys, who'd get invited to tournaments no matter how well they do because there's no one to replace them. "Survival of the fittest" and all.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
It's true that it's virtually impossible to produce 100% consistent quadsters. And Eteri's favourite approach - making a student skate the program over after even a small mistake thus achieving consistency - isn't suitable for them. It could quickly kill a boy's back if nothing else. And dealing with inconsistency and ups and downs I think Eteri doesn't have enough patience for. If she really wants to get into the men's field she'll have to develop that patience.