Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
20 - 23 Sep 2017
Montreal, Canada

Rink 4
Friday, 22 September 2017, 17:00 Local Time UTC -4

Times in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

On Demand Whole Event Video

START ORDER SENIOR SHORT DANCE

Start#NameCountry
GROUP 1
1Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIERCAN
2Teodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZEBUL
3 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJECAN
4Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GACFRA
5Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZESP
GROUP 2
6Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENEROESP
7Nicole KUZMICHOVA / Alexandr SINICYNCZE
8Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTERUSA
9Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSENDEN
10Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIRCAN

ENTRIES​

No.NameNation
PPTeodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZEBUL
2Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
AS: Bossa Cubano by Los Zafiros, Gopher by Yma Sumac
FD: Stolen Hearts from an album called "Film Noir: Vintage Cinema Classics; includes the theme song from the Perry Mason TV show; " choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
CAN
3Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
SD: "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones; Hotel California by The Eagles; You and I by Carlos Santana; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil
FD: Moulin Rouge; choreo by David Wilson, Sam Chouinard
CAN
4Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
SD: Tango by Dianne Reeves, Do You Only Wanna Dance by Cucco Primo
FD: Adagio from Spartacus; choreo by Lori Nichol & Linda Garneau
CAN
5Nicole KUZMICHOVA / Alexandr SINICYN
SD Magalenha by Antonio Carlos, Fly Love by Jamie Fox, Mas Que Nada by Jorge Ben; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs, Rostislav Sinicyn
FD Willkommen (from "Cabaret") by John Kander, Money (from "Cabaret") by John Kander, Mein Herr (from "Cabaret") by John Kander; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs, Rostislav Sinicyn
CZE
6Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
SD: Search for the Vulcan by Leroy Holmes, Rhumba: "Whatever Lola Wants" performed by Carmen McRae, Rhumba: "Whatever Lola Wants" performed by Les Baxter, Mambo: "The Peter Gunn Theme," performed by Jack Costanzo
FD: "Spanish Caravan" by Spams, "Spanish Caravan" by the Doors
DEN
WDKate Louise BAGNALL / Benjamin ALLAINFRA
8Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC
SD: "Salsation" by David Shire, Rhumba, "Salsation" by David Shire
FD: " You Take My Breath Away," by Queen; "Another One Bites the Dust," by Queen
FRA
WDAdel TANKOVA / Ronald ZILBERBERG
SD: Cha Cha: "Banca Banca" by E-Type, Rhumba: "Mas Que Nada" performed by Gracinha Leporace, Servio Mendes from the "Rio" soundtrack
FD: "Deliver Us" performed by Ofra Haza and Eden Riegel, from the Prince of Egypt soundtrack
ISR
10Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO
SD: Hips Don't Lie by Shakira & Wyclef Jean, Hay Amores by Antonio Pinto, La La La by Shakira
FD: Créditos - La Identidad Inaccessible by Alberto Iglesias, Por el Amor de Amar (Necesito Amor) by Concha Buika, Poeta En El Viento by Vicente Amigo
ESP
11Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ
SD: Samba: 1 2 3 4, Cha Cha, "Bailar" by Deorro
FD: "It's a Man's World" and "Natural Woman
ESP
12Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
SD: Mambo Italiano" by Orietta Berti , "El Perdedor" by Enrique Iglesias , "Big Bagz" by Alex Romano; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Natalia Skorikova
FD: Argentine Tango (Anime Contro Vento by Medialuna Tango Project ); choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Natalia Skorikova
USA

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Really looking forward to this event. Five of my favourite dance teams are competing (the 3 Canadian teams, the Danes and Smart/Diaz).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Really looking forward to this event. Five of my favourite dance teams are competing (the 3 Canadian teams, the Danes and Smart/Diaz).

i feel silly for having to work on thursday- friday and only going to the fd... i'd love to see the sd too... we like the same teams btw

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Same for me, but I am also curious about how McNamara/Carpenter will do here.

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
Also really curious to see how McNamara and Carpenter do here. I'm not convinced in their potential as a team, so I'm curious to see how they perform within the senior ranks!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I just really want McNamara & Carpenter to skate well and have a good experience here. They are one of what--two?--teams on this list that are not either Canadian, half Canadian, or training in Canada. It's an away game at a deep Challenger. Much deeper at the top than Nepela, Lombardia, or Nebelhorn.

Skate well. Gain good perspective. And go for it!

randomsplashes

Rinkside
Can't wait till Friday! :love: It almost seems like a Grand Prix competition instead of a Challenger series with this list of entries

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
it's Thursday already:)

but I am ready for that party - top 3 Canadian teams, a feast for my senses:love:, especially curious about Piper and Paul and Tessa and Scott in terms of material!

and Lorraine/Quinn international debut - I hope for a strong one, she is one heck of a diva!

hope for a better skates from Olivia and Adria - you guys deserve it!

and #suaveoverload with Laurence and Nikolai:drama::laugh:

so much goodie!

Emilia12

Rinkside
Definitely going the most exciting competition in ice dance so far this season.
I was really hoping someone would do a Cuban style SD so I'm particularly excited to see WP, done well it could definitely make them stand out.
And I'm also very excited about McNamara and Carpenter's senior débuté, really hope they'll do well here

Ender

Match Penalty
The line up is scary. I don't mind if the scores are going to be high. I can't wait to see some masterpieces.

Barb

Record Breaker
Really dissapointed with W/P costumes, I can´t say much of the program because they skipped a lot.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Really dissapointed with W/P costumes, I can´t say much of the program because they skipped a lot.

hate to say that, but have to agree...for me, this music begs for something more sparkly and in colour, I see Kaitlyn in something gold, with maybe similar skirt like she had in practice or more 'flowy', but going with the bodice similar to her Aranjuez dress, more form-fitted. Adding to that sleek ponytail and nice make-up and voila. The current ensemble remindem me more of 'La Strada' kind of program than Latina Cuban SD.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am SO excited for Lorraine and Quinn! They probably won't get higher than 4th (Cause the top 3 from Canada is competing), but it'll be a great experience for them. Hopefully I won't be too distracted from studying and homework.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Words fail me somehow as to how disappointed I am with the W/P SD maybe I'll change my mind once I see the actual dance. But to my mind a dance like this requires a much more sophisticated, up-scale look. This doesn't work for two mature ice dancers. But I genuinely hope to be proven wrong.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Just saw Tessa/Scott's Moulin Rouge practice clips!!! I am so excited and overwhelmed I am melting into a gibberish goo... :sad21:

it is sooooooooooooooooo good, like Carmen good. (Well.. I did say Moulin Rouge is today's Carmen, so no wonder!!) Amazing... stunning, simply can't wait!

:rock: