2017 CS Finlandia Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Pairs FS

LadyB

Record Breaker
They are called S/K, not K/S. Just saying. If it hadn't been for the bootlace, they would have nailed it big time.

pearly

Record Breaker
I don't see their PCS are affected at all. They got the highest PCS for God's sake. That program is stopped several times, are you seriously telling me it's worth 66 for PCS?

Yes, I think it is. Like I said - a clean skate would have rightfully earned them +0.5 to +1 for each component. They did not reach 9 for anything. So the scores were affected. I think this program was worth more than fives and sixes. Their mistakes were reflected in base values and tech score.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I didn't get to watch live. Sorry to hear about all the mistakes. Feeling especially bad for S/K. Crossing my fingers that they can stay healthy and get stronger as the season goes on. I think they add something unique and would like them to push the other top teams.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Honestly, S/K's FS is shockingly incomplete, so I don't know whether they deserved to be rewarded with a medal here, but the only thing I know for sure is that their coach can no longer conceal the fact that Klimov is still far from being recovering from his serious injury. I'm afraid that their Olympic dream will be put on hold now.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
K/S missed THREE elements, had a fall, and stopped the program for 15 second to tie a freaking shoelace, yet they got the highest PCS! Let's talk about fair!

well compared to Carolina Kostner it is understandable lol.

keasus

On the Ice
They are called S/K, not K/S. Just saying. If it hadn't been for the bootlace, they would have nailed it big time.

I agree. I didn't see the FP until this morning, so I didn't know about the boot lace problem. Until the breaks, I was throughly entranced with this program. I love how Knesia landed the throw jump after the incident as if nothing happened. She is a fierce Carmen. One of the best I've seen over the last 30 years of Carmen-mania.

whatif

Medalist
Dear Lord....there is really no middle ground with S/K. They are either spectacular or spectacularly disastrous. No average for sure.

Leaving laces and injuries aside, I am really underwhelmed with one of the most boring Carmen I have ever seen. There was nothing memorable about it. I am disappointed.

I also doubt that they are going to be competitive this season, it seems like he has not recovered and I doubt he will well enough.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Dear Lord....there is really no middle ground with S/K. They are either spectacular or spectacularly disastrous. No average for sure.

:laugh:

I just can't how it's true for most of the time :eek: Oh the joys of being a fan....

sarama

Medalist
It's hilarious how Ksenia has become super supportive compared to her Europeans 2015 shocked/angry reaction. I don't know if it's because she has gotten used to this kind of crazy performances (they are weirdly common for a couple like them), or life experience has taught her to cherish her partner, but it's quite a striking difference

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh my ... that was some competition!
I actually like S/K's FS much better than their SP, at least those parts that were actually executed. And I'm glad that they actually really seem to care for each other, I doubted that after the SP. They need fire and/or drama. Just not that kind of drama. They probably still need a lot of mileage on both programs. I wouldn't worry too much about Fedor, he didn't seem to be in any physical pain. But I don't think that this is going to be their season ... but their raw potential is still insanely high.
DM/G rightfully won the FS - good for them!
P/J won the competition and I think that was well deserved. Unusal fall on the throw and problems with their single jumps (not so unexpected). Very nice program.

andromache

Record Breaker
Just getting caught up now on both SP and LP.

I LOVE S/K's SP. It's my favorite program for them since the Addams Family. Some parts need a little more drama/performance, but overall, it's a very effective vehicle, and the parts they tried to sell looked great.

Adore Ksenia's understated, sexy red dress for Carmen. This program has so, so much potential. There's charm and sass, not enough passion. Their skating skills and matching lines are sublime, and the choreography is very nice - they execute it gorgeously. I want to see this team contend. For, like, the first time in years, I am rooting hard for this team - they have material I like and they are connecting with one another. Fedor's falls broke my heart - seriously worried something very serious had happened until he fixed his skate. Better here than at the Olympics? Nice to see her be supportive of him, too.

I don't think the PCS are too high, really. So much of the program is A+++ quality. Geez, now that S/K are underdogs facing adversity OF COURSE I am now an uber for them :laugh:

moriel

Record Breaker
Yep, agree that there is a lot of potential in S/K FS. Actually, if they just skated it cleanish...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20171007/1126857127.html

Fedor explained what's happened during FP: during that first aborted lift the lace slipped off from the hook on his boot, so it was practically unlaced. He started to think frantically what to do next and fell because of that. So he stopped to fix it because it was impossible to finish the programm with unlaced boot. After that they did two last elements.

No mentions of injury or weak shoulder. Apparently, it was techincal mistakes from undertraining before the event and lace problems. He seems okay.

pearly

Record Breaker
I just watched their program again. There several subtle moments where he choreography is perfect. There could be more, but what's there is very good.

And to keep your cool like that and be able to fix your boot mid performance... If you ever had a lace issue before or in the middle of your skate, you know what it's like and you know others usually end up helping you fix it. Well done.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
It's hilarious how Ksenia has become super supportive compared to her Europeans 2015 shocked/angry reaction. I don't know if it's because she has gotten used to this kind of crazy performances (they are weirdly common for a couple like them), or life experience has taught her to cherish her partner, but it's quite a striking difference

That's because compared to 2015 their at a completely different point in their career, its not the same. Her expectations and goals at this point are not the same as they were 2 years ago. She knows where things stand and isn't delusional about it. She would be a real heartless ***** if she acted the same way and it shows you that she isn't some crazy demanding diva

MIM

Medalist
I just watched Cheng and Yang’s sp and fp, (have not event watched K/S yet) and had to write down something!!
OMG I was very very very impressed how much they have become this good!! I seriously think they can be real contenders for Olympic medals. Their (re-)debut last season left lots of room to grow and didn’t finish the worlds with a good note ( I remember they had very tough outings at the end of last season) but there was a possibility especially in the short program; Cheng’s bossiness and Yang’s funky personality.

Cheng blooms in both of their new programs. Her postures are everything and she lands triple jumps!!! I burst into tears!! at this event I saw the glipms of the best Cheng she can be!! And they have shown a serious chemistry going on between them! Regardless if they are romantic or not( I am curious though,,,), I totally believe the love story they are telling. I love them and am strongly rooting for them!!!

whatif

Medalist
https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20171007/1126857127.html

Fedor explained what's happened during FP: during that first aborted lift the lace slipped off from the hook on his boot, so it was practically unlaced. He started to think frantically what to do next and fell because of that. So he stopped to fix it because it was impossible to finish the programm with unlaced boot. After that they did two last elements.

No mentions of injury or weak shoulder. Apparently, it was techincal mistakes from undertraining before the event and lace problems. He seems okay.

Well, I re-watched. They showed close up. He did rolled up his pants to tie the boot but actually did not really do anything. Just checked and the laces looked fine. The truth is the lifts were very laboured and it is visible that he is not recovered. So why make up this story?

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Well, I re-watched. They showed close up. He did rolled up his pants to tie the boot but actually did not really do anything. Just checked and the laces looked fine. The truth is the lifts were very laboured and it is visible that he is not recovered. So why make up this story?

Re-watch again and this time look closer. He re-hooked the lace that came out on the top of his boots.

skatemouse

On the Ice

NO way. She piked the twist and two of those lifts before he had trouble keeping them up. Watch the video and slow mo it.... She is two foot landing and sort of wrapping the throws. She is not in shape or her core is very weak? Something is up piking like that should never ever happen at this level but it has been a problem with them for years. Or her I guess.