2017 CS Finlandia Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Pairs FS

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm shocked what happened with Stolbova/Klimov. Everything was going so well and they did all the jumps and throws, but then messed up multiple lifts and a spin, with him just stopping mid-ice for a long time to fiddle with his skate. I've never seen that before, it was so out-of-body. The program is pretty good for a Carmen, so I really hope they deliver on the Grand Prix.

Some really weird things happening across this pairs competition in general. Never would have expected Della Monica/Guarise to win the LP, but he's been one of the hottest guys in skating for some time now, so good on them if they are making a real improvement this year (but their performance was quite messy to me)! :laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The results were right but I am really worried about S/K. Both programs especially in light of the garbage from everyone else - France, Canada, Germany et al really could be olympic gold worthy program. But it is obvious they are suffering from injury/lack of training/lack of knowing their programs and elements- all affecting their confidence, performance and execution - a vicious circle. Not sure if they have enough time though I guess they might be in better shape than Gracie Gold. As for their pcs after seeing Kostner versus Daleman and Tut - nope I don't see a problem at all.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Well, I re-watched. They showed close up. He did rolled up his pants to tie the boot but actually did not really do anything. Just checked and the laces looked fine. The truth is the lifts were very laboured and it is visible that he is not recovered. So why make up this story?

It's clearly visible the he hooked that lace. Watch it in 0.25x speed.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Honestly, S/K's FS is shockingly incomplete, ... the only thing I know for sure is that their coach can no longer conceal the fact that Klimov is still far from being recovering from his serious injury. I'm afraid that their Olympic dream will be put on hold now.

Nina Mozer said repeatedly that Fedor has not fully recovered yet and that they're going to Finlandia doing what they can, still having to leave out difficult throws. She never even attempted to conceal anything! Olympic dream on hold? Wow, must be the same for D/R (disastrous FS at Autumn International) and S/M (Nebelhorn fall fest). Happy days!!! :handw:

I'm shocked what happened with Stolbova/Klimov. Everything was going so well and they did all the jumps and throws, but then messed up multiple lifts and a spin, with him just stopping mid-ice for a long time to fiddle with his skate. I've never seen that before, it was so out-of-body.

You missed the point, sweet cheeks. His bootlace came off! Watch it again, please.

LadyB

Record Breaker
https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20171007/1126857127.html

Fedor explained what's happened during FP: during that first aborted lift the lace slipped off from the hook on his boot, so it was practically unlaced. He started to think frantically what to do next and fell because of that. So he stopped to fix it because it was impossible to finish the programm with unlaced boot. After that they did two last elements.

I just watched their program again. There several subtle moments where he choreography is perfect. There could be more, but what's there is very good. And to keep your cool like that and be able to fix your boot mid performance... If you ever had a lace issue before or in the middle of your skate, you know what it's like and you know others usually end up helping you fix it. Well done.

Exactly. Not rocket science, but a very unfortunate incident. I feel quite uneasy when my shoelaces open in the middle of the road and I've got the urge to tie them immediately and that is not at great speed, on the ice, or with any any risk for life and limb!

They were on fire, they are back in the fold. Fedor might not have been recovered 100 pc , but it's their first full season back. Look at the great throwers of this world: D/R's FS (and I like them very much !) were an utter shambles at Autumn Classics. S/M were laughable at Nebelhorn. Do we think they're finished and not to be reckoned with at Olympics? Nope. So, let's sit back, relax and watch Ksenia & Fedor do what they do best: Perform at the highest possible level. Don't forget: they didn't screw up, the bootlace did!

LadyB

Record Breaker
It's hilarious how Ksenia has become super supportive compared to her Europeans 2015 shocked/angry reaction. I don't know if it's because she has gotten used to this kind of crazy performances (they are weirdly common for a couple like them), or life experience has taught her to cherish her partner, but it's quite a striking difference

People do grow up and becoming more mature.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Exactly. Not rocket science, but a very unfortunate incident. I feel quite uneasy when my shoelaces open in the middle of the road and I've got the urge to tie them immediately and that is not at great speed, on the ice, or with any any risk for life and limb!

They were on fire, they are back in the fold. Fedor might not have been recovered 100 pc , but it's their first full season back. Look at the great throwers of this world: D/R's FS (and I like them very much !) were an utter shambles at Autumn Classics. S/M were laughable at Nebelhorn. Do we think they're finished and not to be reckoned with at Olympics? Nope. So, let's sit back, relax and watch Ksenia & Fedor do what they do best: Perform at the highest possible level. Don't forget: they didn't screw up, the bootlace did!

Horrible error but their PCS should have been way more affected. They bailed on 3 elements essentially and he missed a lot of choreography and it was obviously super disruptive. In retrospect I/M probably deserved bronze. I've never seen a skater do that before. He should have stopped the skate and resumed to at least gather his bearings and get the pair spin done.