2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The T/M thing..(and this is the end for me because I don't like to harp) is that they are so talented and lovely. The lines are so beautiful. All the things that people complain about in other pair girls who will remain unnamed are not evident here. They are tall, they are elegant.. why don't their programs reflect that? They do need work on the presentation. They do not project well in my opinion but then neither does Massot but he has a partner who does.

cleo2070

Final Flight
I would happily let them have POTO, Romeo and Juliet, Feeling Good, La La Land, any warhorse they choose if they give up on this program. They are TOO GOOD to be forced into those awkward dance moves in the beginning.

Actually, I think POTO would be a nice fit for them! Even (can't believe I'm writing this) Moulin Rouge.
Also agree on R&J - although, I seem to remember them already having skated to it? Really not sure about that.

:laugh: Guess what I found?
Tarasova / Morozov, 2013-2014 season, SP: El Tango de Roxanne (from Moulin Rouge) link (at the JGP final, 4th place) ETA: link 2 (JWC 2014, 2nd place)
Tarasova / Morozov, 2012-2013 season, FS: Phantom of the Opera on Ice by Roberto Danova (not familiar with this one, but it's still an adaptation of POTO), no link that I can find ETA: link (JWC 2013, 6th in the FS)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guys, this is worth translating. So funny!

Any time I've heard this song, it was always "He's a one stop shop, with a real big *ah*" The "rooster" was never mentioned, but you always knew what was meant. ;) But here, it was censored right after "shop".

The line "He's a one stop shop, makes my cherry pop" was never censored before, but here it was - at the same point as the previous example.

Strangely, I never actually noticed the bit of the song that nimi mentioned before. So, I wonder if it was replaced with "cherry pop" in the version I have been hearing for years.

As nimi said in another post, it's amazing the "Things you learn about when you watch skating"

CaroLiza_fan

I believe you get the appendage mention in some versions. I've definitely heard it. Most Albums have explicit and non explicit versions now that ITunes exists. Pretty easy to create clean cuts of most songs. They even cleaned up Lose yourself by Eminem and editing the line about tearing the roof off like two dogs caged (with the swear words) just makes me sad because the unedited version makes me want kill something with my bare hands it's so adrenaline pumping. Did I say that out loud?

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, S/H enjoyed this competition... (I say this as I watch Sui fall on yet another 3s...)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I love Francis.... so I always wish he and Sumire will do well... but somehow, I am not 100% unhappy the didn't make it considering they were trying to earn a spot for another team....

Now i am an idiot and don't remember the rules LOL... thought I know the US team didn't get an extra spot.... but what happens for Japan next in the team event?
It is easy to assume that they get a spot in Dance and they already have qualified men and ladies and have huge points...

Will they then be able to bring a pair team to the games to complete their team???? since they qualified 3 out of 4 discipline? Will that pair team ONLY do the team event or will be allowed in the pairs as well....

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
3 out of 4 people have been saying. So the Japanese should be fine.

I think if you don't qualify a team to a discipline then they can't skate it other than in the team event.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
The T/M thing..(and this is the end for me because I don't like to harp) is that they are so talented and lovely. The lines are so beautiful. All the things that people complain about in other pair girls who will remain unnamed are not evident here. They are tall, they are elegant.. why don't their programs reflect that? They do need work on the presentation. They do not project well in my opinion but then neither does Massot but he has a partner who does.

I completely agree, I think they are so, so talented but this LP (like last year's) was unbearably cheesy and I don't think they have the personality to sell it. The costumes were awful too, I hope they at least will change those. Regardless, I wish them an amazing Olympic season!

Andrea82

Medalist
I love Francis.... so I always wish he and Sumire will do well... but somehow, I am not 100% unhappy the didn't make it considering they were trying to earn a spot for another team....

Now i am an idiot and don't remember the rules LOL... thought I know the US team didn't get an extra spot.... but what happens for Japan next in the team event?
It is easy to assume that they get a spot in Dance and they already have qualified men and ladies and have huge points...

Will they then be able to bring a pair team to the games to complete their team???? since they qualified 3 out of 4 discipline? Will that pair team ONLY do the team event or will be allowed in the pairs as well....

There are 10 Additional Places to be used to complete teams for Team Event. In that scenario, Japan will use two of those 10 for a Pair. The Pair will skate only in the Team Event.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
3 out of 4 people have been saying. So the Japanese should be fine.

I think if you don't qualify a team to a discipline then they can't skate it other than in the team event.

Yes. 3 disciplines must qualify outright, the 4th can use Additional Athletes Quota spots but may only compete in the Team Event.

There's 2 basic requirements for Team qualifications: 1) Earn spots in at least 3 disciplines and 2) Be one of the top 10 teams qualification-points-wise to do so.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hehehe. I get the confusion at the time that Worlds ended. I was confused. But.. it's been talked about a lot. Here and in a lot of other places.

This is not meant as a personal criticism of you, please believe me when I say that. But it's something that I think about a lot because it makes GS forum seem more like a closed circle than I think most of us intend.

I think that there are a LOT of people who are very interested, and sincere fans who come to one event thread or another, one Edge thread or another, etc., but do not read as many threads as we do, and probably don't have time to. When people say "it's been talked about a lot" ... I'm always puzzled and a little sad, because it seems like a cold prickly or maybe sarcasm with the occasional poster as butt of the joke. Like someone who loves to repeat a yuck yuck joke at an innocent person's expense. I'm sad when a person asks a question that's real to them and then belatedly realizes they are on the outside looking in.

I feel like such posts are unwelcoming to those whose lives are very full of other things besides figure skating but who love it., and would like to share their enjoyment with others, want to enjoy it with those of us who hang out here a lot, and they maybe assume that posters mean what they're saying. It's hard to know a person is kidding, or whether the kidding is gentle or meant to be mean, by reading a post when you don't know the personality of the person posting.

If it seems I'm a highly sensitive person, well, I am. :) Someone close calls me his canary in a coal mine, and means it in a good way. So I'm lucky. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thank you everyone for confirming... let's hope for Ryo and Narumi to get their stuff together for the games :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This is not meant as a personal criticism of you, please believe me when I say that. But it's something that I think about a lot because it makes GS forum seem more like a closed circle than I think most of us intend.

I think that there are a LOT of people who are very interested, and sincere fans who come to one event thread or another, one Edge thread or another, etc., but do not read as many threads as we do, and probably don't have time to. When people say "it's been talked about a lot" ... I'm always puzzled and a little sad, because it seems like a cold prickly or maybe sarcasm with the occasional poster as butt of the joke. Like someone who loves to repeat a yuck yuck joke at an innocent person's expense. I'm sad when a person asks a question that's real to them and then belatedly realizes they are on the outside looking in.

I feel like such posts are unwelcoming to those whose lives are very full of other things besides figure skating but who love it., and would like to share their enjoyment with others, want to enjoy it with those of us who hang out here a lot, and they maybe assume that posters mean what they're saying. It's hard to know a person is kidding, or whether the kidding is gentle or meant to be mean, by reading a post when you don't know the personality of the person posting.

If it seems I'm a highly sensitive person, well, I am. :) Someone close calls me his canary in a coal mine, and means it in a good way. So I'm lucky. :)

Yes.. I suppose it's unkind in a way. I just thought it was funny because it had come up on this thread a lot already. Two other people had already said something about how often it had been asked. I was trying to defuse with humour originally but I guess it might have seemed a little arch.

*sigh* No teasing, no sarcasm I guess. I do normally try to be nice and polite to people.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
same here.
I'm so used to say something sarcastic to make people smile (... and succeed) that I assume it'll have the same effect here in written form, also making those smile who asked that question.
sorry if my joke offended anyone.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Yes.. I suppose it's unkind in a way. I just thought it was funny because it had come up on this thread a lot already. Two other people had already said something about how often it had been asked. I was trying to defuse with humour originally but I guess it might have seemed a little arch.

*sigh* No teasing, no sarcasm I guess. I do normally try to be nice and polite to people.

I love sarcasm but completely understand how it can be misinterpreted on a board. I still think one can get away with it with a couple emojis.

beki

Medalist
Lol, T/M's program isn't quite the catastrophe you all led me to believe! They just aren't selling it. Even though they use contemporary music, they approach it like a 1950s sock hop. Needs to be sexier. Rockabilly is actually an edgy subculture in the US. Sui and Han could skate this!

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I love sarcasm but completely understand how it can be misinterpreted on a board. I still think one can get away with it with a couple emojis.
does this one :coffee: qualify? if yes, I'm safe! ;) ... I mean :coffee:

beki

Medalist
I liked S/M's Lighthouse program more than the new one, but still, their choreography is in a completely different league than T/M :scowl:

Barb

Record Breaker
:slink: They are making ice dancing a bit redundant. Two or three of the best ice dance routines I have seen this year were skated by pair teams.

but that was last season, this new season the pairs programs are not so good, except S/M LP IMO.