2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes.. I suppose it's unkind in a way. I just thought it was funny because it had come up on this thread a lot already. Two other people had already said something about how often it had been asked. I was trying to defuse with humour originally but I guess it might have seemed a little arch.

*sigh* No teasing, no sarcasm I guess. I do normally try to be nice and polite to people.

same here.
I'm so used to say something sarcastic to make people smile (... and succeed) that I assume it'll have the same effect here in written form, also making those smile who asked that question.
sorry if my joke offended anyone.

I love sarcasm but completely understand how it can be misinterpreted on a board. I still think one can get away with it with a couple emojis.

Thank you all for listening. I probably got over-something or other, and it was an impulse post in that it was what I felt in the moment. And actually, I like riding the tide and posting in the moment, including the humour (see ancientpeas, I spelled it Canadian!:luv17:) it's especially fun in an early competition thread like this one.

So again, apologies for getting a bit too earnest. I agree about the emojis. :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yes.. I suppose it's unkind in a way. I just thought it was funny because it had come up on this thread a lot already. Two other people had already said something about how often it had been asked. I was trying to defuse with humour originally but I guess it might have seemed a little arch.

*sigh* No teasing, no sarcasm I guess. I do normally try to be nice and polite to people.

True. I usually answer all serious and helpful-like, but sometimes it seems like a topic was asked about only a few pages before in that very thread. That's when I get sarcastic and jokey. I understand not reading every thread or such, but I've also seen people not read when the question they asked was answered only a few posts prior.

Ender

Match Penalty
Mozer team keeps track of horrible music choices... I don’t know what to say.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
YMMV, but I also loved Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres's free skate, and I expect to love it more as the year advances. And I hope Savchenko & Massot's program fulfills its promise!

And I always have great hopes for Sui & Han.

For that matter there was some decent dancing in Cain & Le Duc's free skate. They sold me a Great Gatsby program, and I do not even like the music.

I have hopes for a great year for pairs.

Big Deal

Final Flight
It is beyond me, how T/M could get more than 8,0-8,5 s for THAT program and robotic, emotionless skating. It is certainly not their fault that their coaching and managing team has no sense and taste, but still..... It was painful to watch because was so much uninspired even with the unquestionnable technical abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
:laugh: Guess what I found?
Tarasova / Morozov, 2013-2014 season, SP: El Tango de Roxanne (from Moulin Rouge) link (at the JGP final, 4th place) ETA: link 2 (JWC 2014, 2nd place)
Tarasova / Morozov, 2012-2013 season, FS: Phantom of the Opera on Ice by Roberto Danova (not familiar with this one, but it's still an adaptation of POTO), no link that I can find ETA: link (JWC 2013, 6th in the FS)

So there are old programs they could bring back and update for the senior level. Everybody else is doing it :devil:

Seriously, I would give them not only a warhorse pass but a repeated program pass.

Ender

Match Penalty
I don't mind fun, but that performance was lil awkward and cringey in places with weird music edit. For a fun program, that honeycomb man performance was seriously lacking in sugar and calories...
Mozer team be like: let’s make it so bad people have to remember you...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
What’s the citizenship status of Paige connors and parter for Israel?

Evgeni has skated for Israel for years (lol. Lots of partners. Montalbano, Davidovich, Tankova, Cherniavskaia...) so he's good. And assuming Paige is Jewish (or at least her mother is), Israeli citizenship can be obtained through the Law of Return.

Nika09

On the Ice
Congrats all medalists!

I didn't like their SP but S/M LP is beautiful. Feeling sorry for the jumps but program in whole is amazing. Their choreo team members are just genius! Lifts are outstanding. With proper (or any actually) landing this throw 3A would be beautiful element too. The only thing I don't like about this program is ending, so awkward and kind of weird.

T/M LP isn't best one for Olympics and juniorish indeed. But I think spectators will love it, just as judges (seems they already did :laugh:) And tbh I don't think S/H "Turandot" LP much better idea than that.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Aljona and Bruno could be magical without the 3ATh. Now you are just hoping that she does not miss this element totally.

It was better last year at worlds.

Both program looks designed to be golden.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Congrats all medalists!

I didn't like their SP but S/M LP is beautiful. Feeling sorry for the jumps but program in whole is amazing. Their choreo team members are just genius! Lifts are outstanding. With proper (or any actually) landing this throw 3A would be beautiful element too. The only thing I don't like about this program is ending, so awkward and kind of weird.

T/M LP isn't best one for Olympics and juniorish indeed. But I think spectators will love it, just as judges (seems they already did :laugh:) And tbh I don't think S/H "Turandot" LP much better idea than that.

Sui/Han are skating to Turandot? Oh come on! You could have kept your last year program and not that!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aljona and Bruno could be magical without the 3ATh. Now you are just hoping that she does not miss this element totally.

I loved both of their programs - did Christopher Dean do both? I love the elements of ice dance.

I agree they need to rethink the 3A if she's not able to consistently land it. T/M won b/c they were mostly clean, boring and schmaltzy, but clean.

LoulouVi

Rinkside

I have grown into maturity and found it sucks, but I can still be a dreamer when it comes to Aliona Savchenko.
I dream they get the element.
Or any other thorwn jump, really, because the guy doesn't seem to grasp those. For now. Sigh.

And worse scenario, I hope the leave out what they can't reasonably hope do to, if it comes to that.

Yes, the FS was better last year.

But I liked even better the one from the year before, that bored everyone but casted a spell on me, and the exhibition (Time After Time).
I believe there was some Ingo Steuer in those.
I think he's a sad absence.

This year, I like the short better than the free, but neither really catches me, except for the queen that skates them, and her wonderful mirroring partner.

beki

Medalist
She is a Queen. No matter how much I love S/H, I want her to achieve her golden dream, finally.

Ender

Match Penalty
I love both S/M programs this season, especially the LP. I think it’s magical. Has he gotten the citizenship to be at the Olympic?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
True. I usually answer all serious and helpful-like, but sometimes it seems like a topic was asked about only a few pages before in that very thread. That's when I get sarcastic and jokey. I understand not reading every thread or such, but I've also seen people not read when the question they asked was answered only a few posts prior.

Oh, that is one of my pet peeves, in most of the threads! Some people seem not to even read the OP!!! It's a much richer conversation if everyone would just read what's already been addressed, the questions, etc. in the thread.

The competition threads are a separate case, IMHO. I often can't keep up with the conversation, because I'm more committed to watching the skating, in the moment.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I love Francis.... so I always wish he and Sumire will do well... but somehow, I am not 100% unhappy the didn't make it considering they were trying to earn a spot for another team....

Now i am an idiot and don't remember the rules LOL... thought I know the US team didn't get an extra spot.... but what happens for Japan next in the team event?
It is easy to assume that they get a spot in Dance and they already have qualified men and ladies and have huge points...

Will they then be able to bring a pair team to the games to complete their team???? since they qualified 3 out of 4 discipline? Will that pair team ONLY do the team event or will be allowed in the pairs as well....
I am just catching up and so incredibly sad for Sumire. What a terrible moment :/

QuadThrow

Medalist
I loved both of their programs - did Christopher Dean do both? I love the elements of ice dance.

I agree they need to rethink the 3A if she's not able to consistently land it. T/M won b/c they were mostly clean, boring and schmaltzy, but clean.

Christopher Dean mainly designed the Free and John Kerr the short. These two and Silvia Fontana and Martin Skotnicky are mentioned as the choregraphers for both programs. Hope we can watch it with less mistakes at skate canada.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I love both S/M programs this season, especially the LP. I think it’s magical. Has he gotten the citizenship to be at the Olympic?

no. He missed the German written exam twice. But there is still more than enough room to receive the passport. The German federation is pushing the government. Rightly so. The German Fed needs this medal.