2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs SP

vavavoom

Rinkside
You forgot North Korea, as they are allowed to compete at the Olympics if they qualify.

Yes, but that is part of my point. I simply cannot see North Korea participating. I believe it was in 2015 that a ship of South Korea military was sunk by NC. Add to that, the current tensions with USA.

I do think though we will see this beautiful pair in Beijing in 2022.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Regarding T/M, that time violation was harsh. I realised they were late, but I've seen worse, not deducted. Or did they take too long at the start?

If it had been at the start, it would have shown up as "late start", not "time violation". So it must have been at the end.

Remember, it's not about when the music finishes, it's about total overall time. If their music is cut right to maximum time, then any lateness could be fatal.

Andrea82

Medalist
It is official that France returned its second spot back.

From ISU website:

16 Olympic spots for Pairs were allocated at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2017 and five more spots are available at Nebelhorn Trophy. Originally four spots were available, but since France returned their second Pairs quota place, a fifth spot has opened up for the competitors at Nebelhorn Trophy.

http://www.isu.org/inside-single-pa...fication-at-nebelhorn-trophy?templateParam=15

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
It is official that France returned its second spot back.

From ISU website:

16 Olympic spots for Pairs were allocated at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2017 and five more spots are available at Nebelhorn Trophy. Originally four spots were available, but since France returned their second Pairs quota place, a fifth spot has opened up for the competitors at Nebelhorn Trophy.

http://www.isu.org/inside-single-pa...fication-at-nebelhorn-trophy?templateParam=15

Awesome, thanks for the official link. I'll update my Qualifications post in the Olympic Games subforum.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yay, more spots for the little countries! <3

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I did not get why they only got level 3 at the twist. Everything looked fine with the levels. He throws her into orbit.

Even they recive big GOE for quality of the twist (high, distance, full and fast rotation), they sometimes miss requirements for L4 twist (which has nothing to do with number of rotations and GOE), most commonly 1)Lady’s split position (each leg at least 45° from the body axis and Lady’s legs are straight or almost straight) and sometimes 5)Man’s arms sideways, being straight or almost straight, reaching at least shoulder level after release of the lady and very rare.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Based on the Short Program standings, eliminating all countries who have already earned 1 or more Olympic quota spots at the 2017 World Championships, here's how the race looks for Pairs. 5 spots are available after the return of France's second spot to the pool.

Austria
Australia
North Korea
Czech Republic
Israel
Great Britain
Hungary
South Korea

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Feel like I'm hallucinating watching the Kim/Kim program.
Don't ever need to hear that music again in my life.
She looked shattered by nerves from before the program even began. When he threw her it was like launching a turkey out of a slingshot. :(

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes, but that is part of my point. I simply cannot see North Korea participating. I believe it was in 2015 that a ship of South Korea military was sunk by NC. Add to that, the current tensions with USA.

I do think though we will see this beautiful pair in Beijing in 2022.

Have you seen the New York Times article about them trying to get an Olympic spot? Maybe you're right, but on the other hand, they were allowed to spend two months in Canada training with Bruno Marcotte to help them prepare for Nebelhorn. And he said in the interview that they talked all the time about wanting to go to the Olympics. And the article also indicates that North Korea is going to try to qualify athletes in another discipline (maybe it was speed skating?).

LoulouVi

Rinkside
More.

Watched S/M SP again, and I think the trjectory, though improved, isn't fine yet.
It seems to me he throws her a little too much into the circle.

But I wasn't scared for her, had no fear for injury whilst watching, which I guess is the greatest plus, because it means they can train it.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Even they recive big GOE for quality of the twist (high, distance, full and fast rotation), they sometimes miss requirements for L4 twist (which has nothing to do with number of rotations and GOE), most commonly 1)Lady’s split position (each leg at least 45° from the body axis and Lady’s legs are straight or almost straight) and sometimes 5)Man’s arms sideways, being straight or almost straight, reaching at least shoulder level after release of the lady and very rare.

I think their entry was not good enough for level 4 yesterday. There was a short break before she went up. Maybe the technical controler was too strict.

euroskate

Final Flight
kind of understand why they put the other canadian couple on the GP
that program does nothing
kinda boring though interesting choice