2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Really like Katia and Harley. And really like that routine.

But, that version of "Paint It Black"?! :eek:

Was that a 78 record being played at 45? :confused:

I've heard slow versions of the song below, and liked them. But, this version is taking the mickey. Far, far, far too slow.

CaroLiza_fan

Kutien

Final Flight
youtube / dailymotion 1280x720

1Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS77.521
2Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER72.992video
3Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT65.093video
4Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR AUS64.514video
5Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIMPRK60.195video
6Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE CAN59.406video
7Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR CZE58.807video
8Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER56.768video
9Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR55.859video
10Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC USA55.4710video
11Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET JPN54.3611video
12Tatiana DANILOVA / Mikalai KAMIANCHUK BLR49.9612video
13Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU ESP49.7813video
14Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI GBR45.1814video
15Darja BEKLEMISCSEVA / Mark MAGYAR HUN42.2715video
16Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM KOR40.7516video

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Lighting my apartment on fire tonight to pray for my Czech pair babies. :pray: :pray: :pray:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Lighting my apartment on fire tonight to pray for my Czech pair babies. :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'll light some candles myself as I plainly love their energy, presence and it pains me to see them disappointed, they really need to keep it together in FS!:cheer:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Regarding T/M, that time violation was harsh. I realised they were late, but I've seen worse, not deducted. Or did they take too long at the start?

andromache

Record Breaker
The 3ATh from S/M looked HUGE. Like, he is seriously chucking her across the rink. I wonder if she ever lands it in practice???

I'll laugh my butt off if T/M get higher PCS in the LP than S/M, no matter how many mistakes S/M make. T/M's LP is a travesty.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The 3ATh from S/M looked HUGE. Like, he is seriously chucking her across the rink. I wonder if she ever lands it in practice???

I'll laugh my butt off if T/M get higher PCS in the LP than S/M, no matter how many mistakes S/M make. T/M's LP is a travesty.

T/M's long program just makes me sad for them.

I'm going to try and watch the long but personal stuff might prevent me. I'll be relying on you all for an accounting if I can't make it.

pearly

Record Breaker
The first time I saw T/M was last year, probably at one of the GPs. I saw their short and thought "ok, wow, I'm going to like these two". And then came their long and that was it for us.

So keeping my fingers crossed for S/M tomorrow, although this gap is pretty big.

LoulouVi

Rinkside
I'm worried sick about S/M landings, both throws and side by side.

Side by side, let's just say it plainly, aren't a strenght of theirs.

And as for thorws, trajectories have always seemed off to me.
Infact, I think in the time S/M have been competing, I think they had only one or two clean triple throw landings.

Now, I think the triple axel is heavily improved.
The trajectory was fine, I think.
You can see how his strenght pushed her more than she could control, as she's already on her heels in the air, very hard to save.
On the bright side, it doesn't look dangerous, it seems they are far along enough to try without risking injury.

I only hope they can complete the process in time.

Now, I do love T/M, expecially when the music is right, but will they please wait for next time?

LoulouVi

Rinkside
More.

A tango, as beautiful as it is as a dance, often crops her exceptional extensions, which is a shame.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Regarding T/M, that time violation was harsh. I realised they were late, but I've seen worse, not deducted. Or did they take too long at the start?

I can't find a video and wasn't able to watch, but time violation is probably because of the total length of the program,. Measuring when when they start moving, it must be between 2:30 and 2:50 (usually listed as 2:40 +/- 10 seconds). They probably were outside of that range (whether or not they finished after the music)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Looking at scores, YAY KATIA AND HARLEY. <3

I'll have to go try and watch videos of everyone later.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I'm worried sick about S/M landings, both throws and side by side.

Side by side, let's just say it plainly, aren't a strenght of theirs.

And as for thorws, trajectories have always seemed off to me.
Infact, I think in the time S/M have been competing, I think they had only one or two clean triple throw landings.

Now, I think the triple axel is heavily improved.
The trajectory was fine, I think.
You can see how his strenght pushed her more than she could control, as she's already on her heels in the air, very hard to save.
On the bright side, it doesn't look dangerous, it seems they are far along enough to try without risking injury.

I only hope they can complete the process in time.

Now, I do love T/M, expecially when the music is right, but will they please wait for next time?

I agree. The trajectory was okay today. Better than last year. Just enormously huge. She tried to land it on one foot but no chance. Maybe she is able to it some day. Nevertheless I am not a fan of the strategy. The could do a good 3FTh and push their PCS with clean programs.

I did not get why they only got level 3 at the twist. Everything looked fine with the levels. He throws her into orbit.

Is there a Video of T/M's SP?

vavavoom

Rinkside
I missed this event altogether and it's sad as Pairs are my favorite discipline.

I am a bit surprised Ziegler/Kiefer did as well as they did, though I am happy for them.

I expected the Israeli pair to do a bit better (at least on paper). I still think there is no way we will see North Korea in the Olympics this year. I know some disagree with me, but it is impossible for me to grasp the idea of this pair performing in there with the current political situation.

That is why, it looks like Austria, Australia, Czech Repubic and Israel are the ones we will see at the Olympics. If France gives up their second spot (it looks like Novoselov does not have the citizenship), then indeed we may even see the Belarussians and the Spaniards, as far fetched as this idea looks like now.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I missed this event altogether and it's sad as Pairs are my favorite discipline.

I am a bit surprised Ziegler/Kiefer did as well as they did, though I am happy for them.

I expected the Israeli pair to do a bit better (at least on paper). I still think there is no way we will see North Korea in the Olympics this year. I know some disagree with me, but it is impossible for me to grasp the idea of this pair performing in there with the current political situation.

That is why, it looks like Austria, Australia, Czech Repubic and Israel are the ones we will see at the Olympics. If France gives up their second spot (it looks like Novoselov does not have the citizenship), then indeed we may even see the Belarussians and the Spaniards, as far fetched as this idea looks like now.

You forgot North Korea, as they are allowed to compete at the Olympics if they qualify.

LoulouVi

Rinkside
I agree. The trajectory was okay today. Better than last year. Just enormously huge.

Yeah, it's huge.
But I suspect it has to be, at least for them specifically, as a pair.
He is enormously powerful, and I don't think he could do a calibrated job, a way in between, like the canadians with their quad sal.
In order for him do it properly, for the skater that he is, I think he has to put in the power, that's in my opinion why the trjectory has improved.
And, again in my opinion, that gives Aliona better chances to land, simply because proper technique is always easier to manage than modified attempts.

But thy're not there yet.
I rewatched, and she couldn't even close properly in the air, for the force that pushed her was so big.

Oh, the day they might land this though!

Nevertheless I am not a fan of the strategy. The could do a good 3FTh and push their PCS with clean programs.

Triple axel can be put in in the short and in the long.
It's a clear technical edge, that they hope to pair with components.
Obviously, that's a strategy that's dear to Aliona, as she's doing it for the second time in preparation for the Olympics.

I hope you're wrong, and she is right.

I did not get why they only got level 3 at the twist. Everything looked fine with the levels. He throws her into orbit.

I don't remember.
I think difficult entry was there.
His arms went down.
Catch was proper.
Did she split before the throw?